Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Practice will not fix this offensive line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Practice will not fix this offensive line

    David Diehl is not the only problem on this line. We have an absolute expensive dud playing center. Just go back and look at games from last season, and the loss on Wednesday, and you will see him constantly get blown up at the point of attack. Snee's play has consistently been in decline. I know Coughlin loves veterans who are familiar with the play book, but what difference does that make when a player lacks the physical tools to help this team win?

    You cannot train a poodle to be a killer attack dog (no relations to Vick). This isn't about one loss. It's about a problem stemming all the way back to week one of last year. The players on this line are not built for the run game. No back would be successful behind this line. Boothe may have slimmed down, but even he has no push off the line. First things first. Get Diehl off this line ASAP! He's no longer serviceable. It may be time to look at making a change at center as well. However, I know that won't happen.

    Eli cannot be at his best having to throw a majority of the time. His numbers could go through the roof if we could run the damn ball. Our play actions passing game is non-existent. What is Coughlin looking at? Does he not see what is blatantly obvious? I know the secondary is the other area of concern, but this line by far is the teams biggest achilles heal. This is the NFC east. We cannot become a run and shoot team and expect to go far.

  • #2
    There isn't much that can be done now. We just have to hope the coaches can learn to get the most out of what they have, and hope that the players step up and play beyond there expected abilities.
    #80
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes, same problem from last year. Some blamed the backs, but it's the o-line.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by I Bleed Blue View Post
        David Diehl is not the only problem on this line. We have an absolute expensive dud playing center. Just go back and look at games from last season, and the loss on Wednesday, and you will see him constantly get blown up at the point of attack. Snee's play has consistently been in decline. I know Coughlin loves veterans who are familiar with the play book, but what difference does that make when a player lacks the physical tools to help this team win?

        You cannot train a poodle to be a killer attack dog (no relations to Vick). This isn't about one loss. It's about a problem stemming all the way back to week one of last year. The players on this line are not built for the run game. No back would be successful behind this line. Boothe may have slimmed down, but even he has no push off the line. First things first. Get Diehl off this line ASAP! He's no longer serviceable. It may be time to look at making a change at center as well. However, I know that won't happen.

        Eli cannot be at his best having to throw a majority of the time. His numbers could go through the roof if we could run the damn ball. Our play actions passing game is non-existent. What is Coughlin looking at? Does he not see what is blatantly obvious? I know the secondary is the other area of concern, but this line by far is the teams biggest achilles heal. This is the NFC east. We cannot become a run and shoot team and expect to go far.
        Right now Baas is looking like a big mistake for Reese.
        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

        "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

        Comment


        • #5
          We've drafted and developed ONE offensive lineman in 8 years!! Snee and THAT'S it!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Seeing San Fran's oline really makes our line look like a pee-wee football oline.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Snappinnecks View Post
              We've drafted and developed ONE offensive lineman in 8 years!! Snee and THAT'S it!!
              Correct. We overpaid for Antrel Rolle and Christ Canty when that money could have been spent on some quality linemen. I hope Reese and Coughlin are not this naive. The stubbornness regarding this line has to stop now. Slowly insert some of the younger guys and see what they can do. It can't get any worse.

              Comment


              • #8
                Free Agency in February and the 2013 NFL Draft will fix this offensive line.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by I Bleed Blue View Post
                  Correct. We overpaid for Antrel Rolle and Christ Canty when that money could have been spent on some quality linemen. I hope Reese and Coughlin are not this naive. The stubbornness regarding this line has to stop now. Slowly insert some of the younger guys and see what they can do. It can't get any worse.
                  canty is great when healthy but we may need to look at releasing his large contract, Rolle included. With that money we could sign a quality Offensive lineman and we use our 1st round pick on oline.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    We lost by one td so if the O-line is that bad, then we should have less than 17 points. I know they aren't dominating but they are a decent bunch that can give Eli time. Also you can't judge by one game unless you are making a prediction.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The sky is falling, get a grip here people, this is the same team that won the SB last year, hello, we are the defending SB champions. Remember that both times that we won the last two SB championships we lost the first game, which does not mean we will get there again this season, every year is a new year for every team, back to back SB championships are not as easy as they used to be do to free agency.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by The_ One View Post
                        The sky is falling, get a grip here people, this is the same team that won the SB last year, hello, we are the defending SB champions. Remember that both times that we won the last two SB championships we lost the first game, which does not mean we will get there again this season, every year is a new year for every team, back to back SB championships are not as easy as they used to be do to free agency.
                        Man you is so right.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                          We lost by one td so if the O-line is that bad, then we should have less than 17 points. I know they aren't dominating but they are a decent bunch that can give Eli time. Also you can't judge by one game unless you are making a prediction.
                          As I stated, this is not a one game observation. This problem goes back to week 1 of last season. This has nothing to do with a prediction. What are you talking about?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Finally, a thread that I can totally agree with the majority of comments. Last year I would wonder how the hell we'd even sniff the play offs w/ the O line we had. I was pleasantly surprised at the way it turned out. The difference is The cohesiveness of our O line is non existent because the individual talent isn't there and Snee is not what he used to be,Baas is a waste, DD is useless and boothe is a backup at best. Locklear was the best O lineman out there and he wasn't opening holes. Bennett gave it a college try but he went against one of the best. I watched the play of the O line closely and non of this will be taken care of with glue, gum or more desire.

                            Even if beatty turns out to be a real LT, that doesn't take care of the other 4 linemen. Our drafts on the O line have been ridiculous...Beatty a second rounder and he's a project. There is no upside to him like our draft of JPP. The best we'll get will be a servicable tackle not an All Pro. We continue to waste 4-5-6&7th rounders for the O line. None get on the field, they all go home. Thats not a good record. Watching this season is going to be very interesting if nothing else. Go Jints

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Absolutely correct. It's sad but true. This OL was bad last year and they looked worst in the 1st game. I'm hoping the WR's get back to form and they get Wilson involved in the game. His speed and moves can negate the horrible OL some times.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X