Mike and Mike in the Morning & Espn First Take

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mike and Mike in the Morning & Espn First Take

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="barran21"]We don't have a defense, let me say this i don't think there's a defense in this league that could stop them, but Texans, Ravens, Steelers, and 9ers, could slow them down and keep them the low 20's, but the Giants don't have that type of defense, it's week 15 and they are still having mental break downs in the secondary, that's ****ing unacceptable...
    [/quote]

But, you know, at some point in time, the mental errors will be corrected/under control.* Who's to say that can't happen over the next three weeks?
    [/quote]

Because it hasn't happened since 2008?

Just spit balling.[/quote]

It's just not in my nature to give up.* I would have thrived on the Titanic* []
    [/quote]

I'm with you on this, Roanoke.

In fact, every time I watch a movie about the Titanic, I keep thinking "THIS time it won't sink until everyone is rescued"

But I also admit the only thing I pin my hopes on at this point in the season, concerning our defense this year, is that I recall the Colts defense of 06 was pretty atrocious, until the post season when they did kick it up several gears on the way to their SB.

The 08 Cards had a similar experience in that their defense during the playoffs looked completely different from that of their regular season, and was one last-second perfect pass and catch from winning it all.

In fact, if not for the Harrison pick-6 on the 1 yard line (or wherever) right before the end of the half, it can be argued--and I do argue that-- the game would not have even been close enough for Ben-Holmes to pull off their last second miracle. Cards defense stepped up big time throughout the entire post season.

Gotta Believe, because what else do we have?

Comment

[quote user="gmen46"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="barran21"]We don't have a defense, let me say this i don't think there's a defense in this league that could stop them, but Texans, Ravens, Steelers, and 9ers, could slow them down and keep them the low 20's, but the Giants don't have that type of defense, it's week 15 and they are still having mental break downs in the secondary, that's ****ing unacceptable...
      [/quote]

But, you know, at some point in time, the mental errors will be corrected/under control. Who's to say that can't happen over the next three weeks?
      [/quote]

It's just not in my nature to give up. I would have thrived on the Titanic []
      [/quote]

In fact, every time I watch a movie about the Titanic, I keep thinking "THIS time it won't sink until everyone is rescued"

But I also admit the only thing I pin my hopes on at this point in the season, concerning our defense this year, is that I recall the Colts defense of 06 was pretty atrocious, until the post season when they did kick it up several gears on the way to their SB.

The 08 Cards had a similar experience in that their defense during the playoffs looked completely different from that of their regular season, and was one last-second perfect pass and catch from winning it all.

In fact, if not for the Harrison pick-6 on the 1 yard line (or wherever) right before the end of the half, it can be argued--and I do argue that-- the game would not have even been close enough for Ben-Holmes to pull off their last second miracle. Cards defense stepped up big time throughout the entire post season.

Gotta Believe, because what else do we have?[/quote]

Well said. I think we have to focus on the next game. Win that one and then focus on the next game. I've not been a huge fan of Eli's, which everyone knows, but I take my hat off to his play this year. I'm convinced he can win any game we're in and his receivers are, in my mind, the best 1,2, & 3 in the league. No, don't ask me for stats, it's just how I feel.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="barran21"]We don't have a defense, let me say this i don't think there's a defense in this league that could stop them, but Texans, Ravens, Steelers, and 9ers, could slow them down and keep them the low 20's, but the Giants don't have that type of defense, it's week 15 and they are still having mental break downs in the secondary, that's ****ing unacceptable...
        [/quote]

But, you know, at some point in time, the mental errors will be corrected/under control.* Who's to say that can't happen over the next three weeks?
        [/quote]

[/quote]

Lol yeah I know ... but all my hopes for the Giants this year are hanging on the offense.

I wouldn't rate Fewell as bad as Sheridan (although his defense has given up more points this year then Sheridan's in 2009) but i wouldn't put him past mediocre at best. Considering our injuries and lack of depth, I just don't see the situation improving until next year.

At least we get KP back this week ...
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="gmen46"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="barran21"]We don't have a defense, let me say this i don't think there's a defense in this league that could stop them, but Texans, Ravens, Steelers, and 9ers, could slow them down and keep them the low 20's, but the Giants don't have that type of defense, it's week 15 and they are still having mental break downs in the secondary, that's ****ing unacceptable...
          [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gotta Believe, because what else do we have?[/quote]

Well said.* I think we have to focus on the next game.* Win that one and then focus on the next game.* I've not been a huge fan of Eli's, which everyone knows, but I take my hat off to his play this year.* I'm convinced he can win any game we're in and his receivers are, in my mind, the best 1,2, & 3 in the league.* No, don't ask me for stats, it's just how I feel.
          [/quote]

I won't ask you for stats, because I believe the same thing.

Consider this, as well----
          With admittedly 3 more games to play, nonetheless our defense this year has so far allowed 30+ points in 4 games, including 1 game for 40+ points.

In 2007, the year of our "vastly superior defense with the vastly superior DC", IN THE REGULAR SEASON we allowed 30+ points in 5 games including 1 game for 40+ points.

And, in both 2007 and 2011, one of those 30+ points allowed games include a game where the 30+ was a result of at least one pick-6 which put the opponent over 30 points, so the defense did not actually give up 30 points in those two games.

Then, in the post season of 2007, we allowed no more than 20 points--and that was to...............GB.

Interesting, no?

Comment

packers and saints defenses havent been outstanding either.. hold grossman to 20 points, and i will feel better about defense.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

I saw some ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNnews, ESPNU, NFL Network and FoxSports today and all I heard was...

TIMTEBOWTIMTEBOWTIMTEBOWTIMTEBOW

[/quote]

You forgot a little Chris Paul in there.

Comment

[quote user="burier"]someone let me know when the those two clowns eat crow for all that **** they were talking about Eli at the begining of the season. Then I'll check them out again.[/quote]

Now their all ... uh well you know you cant spell elite without eli... losers... and greenberg is such a homer Jets fan its not even funny

Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="ru_gmen55"]I don't find it all that unfair to give Romo all the credit in the world for what he has done this season. Outside of a few weeks early in the season, he has looked pretty damn good. With that said, I found his performance to be "typical Romo" on Sunday. He made all the right plays at all the right times...except for ONE that he wishes he had back. If he hits Austin on that drive before the Giants go-ahead TD, the game very well may have been over. The big difference between Eli and Romo is that Eli has made a a habit of (even in games where he doesn't look great) making huge throws when the Giants REALLY need them. But, looking back at the actual topic of the thread, while I think the Giants have a shot against pretty much anybody (I mean, they put up one hell of a fight against Green Bay), I still need to see more from this defense. It seems like once or twice a week they mess up a play that costs them big...this weekend it was the Dez Bryant 50-yard TD that almost sealed the game. You can't allow plays like that to occur and consider yourselves a legitimate threat. I'm loving what they have been doing on offense as far as putting points on the board, but they need to start finding ways to keep points off as well.[/quote]

Yes I agree. I have no problem if you DB is going stride for stride with the WR and just gets beat on a good play. I can live with that. But to have these TOTAL Breakdowns where there is no Defender within 15/20 yards of the WR that is unacceptable. That should not happen on any level of Football. Highschool, College or Pro. You learn enough to be able to at least have decent coverage. I think the last 3/4 games it has been more and more noticeable due to the rookie LBs and prince.

The teams we have played have used that to their advantage and it has hurt us with all the missed assignments and blown plays. hopefully going forward they can work through it and having boley back will help. Also getting Osi back on the D line will help as well. if we can get pressure off 2sides on the qb it will create more sacks number 1 and it will put enough pressure on them to where they have to get the ball out quicker meaning less time for the mistakes to occure. The problem with the young guys sometimes isnt the lack of exp more so then not us not getting pressure onqb and a LB or DB not being able to stay with their guys forever

Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                  X