Tom needs to bring in a Motivational Speaker for next years opening game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom needs to bring in a Motivational Speaker for next years opening game

We seem to go through this excruciating lack of commitment and desire every year.

I know people do not want to run through brick walls for Ol Tom in non-critical games but something needs to be done
    about these lackadaisical half-hearted efforts on opening games

are you volunteering?

Comment

Just playing for the NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS should be enough motivation, ,not to mention the hundreds of thousands of dollars a year they make! Most of us dont make peanuts compared to what they earn, yet WE the FANS spend some of those peanuts to watch and support them!
      "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

If these players can't get motivated playing in the NFL kickoff game on national TV, against a huge division rival, then we have serious problems.

Comment

I got a size 13 boot as motivation. Will that help?

Comment

I'm available if they're hiring
            sigpic

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Lf8GtMe4M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO_t7GtXO6w

I have exactly the right guy in mind!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
                Just playing for the NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS should be enough motivation, ,not to mention the hundreds of thousands of dollars a year they make! Most of us dont make peanuts compared to what they earn, yet WE the FANS spend some of those peanuts to watch and support them!
                A lot of these players (As in the entire league) grew up as privileged athletes with an entirely different moral code than your average working person. You'd be surprised at how many players don't really care about the team. Money and personal glory is what matters most to them.

Comment

Well after laying eggs against divisional opponents two years running I'm all for it!

Comment

Tebow time

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                      We seem to go through this excruciating lack of commitment and desire every year.I know people do not want to run through brick walls for Ol Tom in non-critical games but something needs to be done about these lackadaisical half-hearted efforts on opening games
                      For the record in the 4 SB winning seasons we lost our opening game 3 times
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

We seem to go through this excruciating lack of commitment and desire every year.

I know people do not want to run through brick walls for Ol Tom in non-critical games but something needs to be done
                        With time and distance from Coughlin's tenure I'm sure we'll all be scratching our heads trying to figure it out.

How can someone who won two (or more) Superbowls, who had some of the greatest wins in NFL history, also have so many turkeys and late season collapses? How can the same guy be responsible for the worst meltdown in franchise history (2010 Eagles) and also be responsible for the greatest victory in team history? How can they be 6-2 every year and then go .500 or worse the rest of the year? Why do they thrive in adversity and languish in success? Why can't they just sustain success? This team is so bi-polar it is impossible to figure out.
                        8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
                          With time and distance from Coughlin's tenure I'm sure we'll all be scratching our heads trying to figure it out.

How can someone who won two (or more) Superbowls, who had some of the greatest wins in NFL history, also have so many turkeys and late season collapses? How can the same guy be responsible for the worst meltdown in franchise history (2010 Eagles) and also be responsible for the greatest victory in team history? How can they be 6-2 every year and then go .500 or worse the rest of the year? Why do they thrive in adversity and languish in success? Why can't they just sustain success? This team is so bi-polar it is impossible to figure out.
                          I've never seen it put so well
                          It's because they have great personel, excellent coaching on the X's and O's and no one who can really get them pumped each week
                          I dont buy the "they get paid a lot. and should play accordingly" theory.......everyone needs motivation, everyone

look a sad-sack Sanchize........they bring in someone to threaten his job and all of a sudded he's johnny unitas

Comment

We've lost ONE GAME. Obviously we should have played better. The players seem to understand that they can 't just say we're the defending champions" and expect to run up the score. They just have to win a game and build off of that momentum
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                              For the record in the 4 SB winning seasons we lost our opening game 3 times
                              Actually just checked and all 3 opening Day losses were against division foes. 31-28 loss to Dallas in 1986, 45-35 loss to Dallas in 2007 and a 28-14 loss to the Redskins in 2011. I'd say with losing to Dallas in this yrs opener there is a better then avg chance we win another Title. Lol
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                              X