A look AGAIN at our schedule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A look AGAIN at our schedule

Yes, I know... Its week one and impressions made today will be different tomorrow.
    However, its today. Lets look at the schedule again with the impressions of this weekend still fresh in our memory.

DAL,TB,CAR,PHI,CLEV

I was hoping for 4-1 after the first 5 games but i will be happy with 3-2. We will lose one of the next 4 even though we should win all 4 but we know how the giants roll.

49ers,Was,Dal,Steelers,Bengals

OUCH. 49ers at home with revenge in mind, that's an L!!! . We aren't beating wash twice this year. we couldn't even beat them once last year and they are a better team this year. Lets take the W for the home game. We revenge the Dal lost then we have Pitt at home and Bengals on the road.
    That would mean a 4 game winning streak, just don't see it so 3-2 during this stretch putting us at 6-4 after 10 games

GB,WAS,NO,ATL,BAL,PHIL

OMG!! LOL
    Another revenge game here at home on prime time VS GB. going 1-1 against WAS means this is a loss.
    NO and Phil at home with ATL and BAL on the road. In all honesty, if this was our first 6 games, I would be happy with 3-3
    We could easily go 2-4 during this stretch.

If the giants finish any better than 9-7, I will be impressed. It definitely will be building a bridge to another super bowl run as 10-6 or better should get us in the playoffs. Its going to be a nerve racking season with ups and downs. I will say this, excluding the losses in the super bowl, i wish this team would roll like the patriots. Every week, for the most part, they beat the teams they should easily. Its just not the GMEN way.

GO GIANTS
    That's why we discuss, We all have different perspectives. Ride and Die with the NY Giants

I don't know man I know RG3 look good but the Saints don't have fast pass rushers that can get to the edge I think the Giants will be ready for RGPEE cause the tape will be out there on him. I could easily see us winning both those games

Here's what I think
    DAL,TB,CAROLINA, EAGLES, BROWNS...... I really think the Giants make their run right here after that loss to DAL I think we go 4-1
    On to the next ones
    49ers, WAS, DAL,STEELERS, BENGALS..... I don't know why but I think the Giants will shock people in that 49ers game I'm not sold on Moss and Crabtree for that matter they played the packers awful defense anybody is going to look good against their D, but I think we go 3-2 with loses to the Steelers and Bengals just because we are fighting so hard in the 1st three , that makes us 7-3
    Then you got GB,WAS,NO ,ATL, BAL, PHILLY.... this is the toughest stretch but I think we beat GB ,Giants will prove they are the better TEAM again but anyway I think we go 4-2 with loses to PHILLY AND BALT. that's 11-5 for the season and we get the wildcard cause the eagles will go 5-1 in the division. I really think 11 wins this year. we could win that Bengals game too and go 12-4. I think 12-4 is very obtainable.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 09-10-2012, 11:15 PM.
    sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

sorry OP. i disagree strongly with ur confidence in this team. i didnt see a team miles away from being at their best. i saw a whole lot of simple mental/technical errors that if they dont happen, we prob beat dallas up early.

i have us winning every game up until the 9ers, and I dunno what happens there. But I see us pulling off 12 wins. that loss to dallas was 1 of the 4 we will have all year

Comment

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
        I don't know man I know RG3 look good but the Saints don't have fast pass rushers that can get to the edge I think the Giants will be ready for RGPEE cause the tape will be out there on him. I could easily see us winning both those games

Here's what I think
        DAL,TB,CAROLINA, EAGLES, BROWNS...... I really think the Giants make their run right here after that loss to DAL I think we go 4-1
        On to the next ones
        49ers, WAS, DAL,STEELERS, BENGALS..... I don't know why but I think the Giants will shock people in that 49ers game I'm not sold on Moss and Crabtree for that matter they played the packers awful defense anybody is going to look good against their D, but I think we go 3-2 with loses to the Steelers and Bengals just because we are fighting so hard in the 1st three , that makes us 7-3
        Then you got GB,WAS,NO ,ATL, BAL, PHILLY.... this is the toughest stretch but I think we beat GB ,Giants will prove they are the better TEAM again but anyway I think we go 4-2 with loses to PHILLY AND BALT. that's 11-5 for the season and we get the wildcard cause the eagles will go 5-1 in the division. I really think 11 wins this year. we could win that Bengals game too and go 12-4. I think 12-4 is very obtainable.
        So we will only lose 2 division games or 1 of the next 5?
        That's why we discuss, We all have different perspectives. Ride and Die with the NY Giants

Comment

Originally posted by dmighty326 View Post
          So we will only lose 2 division games or 1 of the next 5?
          Yeah that's what I said we already lost to DALand we will lose to the Eagles at the end of the season that's 4-2 in the division and I said I don't think we lose a game till PITTSBURGH cause the team will be focused every NFC game.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
            sorry OP. i disagree strongly with ur confidence in this team. i didnt see a team miles away from being at their best. i saw a whole lot of simple mental/technical errors that if they dont happen, we prob beat dallas up early.

i have us winning every game up until the 9ers, and I dunno what happens there. But I see us pulling off 12 wins. that loss to dallas was 1 of the 4 we will have all year
            I hope so but i just don't see it. 12 win means 3 loses the rest of the year. I know us fans can be very objective and blinded but 12 wins is unrealistic.
            We didn't beat WAS last year. I mean, they just beat NO at home. I don't see us winning the 49er game. not to mention we play pitt, bal, gb and 2 against phi. I think revenge will play a big part in the giants season. GB, SF, ATL will all be seeking some.

Give me 9 and i will be satisfied.

Comment

Yeah that's what I said we already lost to DALand we will lose to the Eagles at the end of the season that's 4-2 in the division and I said I don't think we lose a game till PITTSBURGH cause the team will be focused every NFC game.
              I hate to argue cause then i will be a troll or a dallas cowgirl fan LOL
              Just have a different outlook though all based on one weeks performance. Lets see what happens Sunday. They better step it up!

Comment

I hate to argue cause then i will be a troll or a dallas cowgirl fan LOL
                Just have a different outlook though all based on one weeks performance. Lets see what happens Sunday. They better step it up!
                Oh now I'm not arguing with you I understand your concerns but I think this team is as talented as every team we face...you entitiled to your opinion and I respect it I was just expressing mine

Comment

The homer in me says 15-1.

The reasonably optimistic me says 11-5:

TB: W
                  CAR: W (won't be pretty, but our practicing for the mobile QBs in our division will come in handy)
                  PHI: L (we can't beat philly for **** unless a completely unexpected breakout happens that they couldn't have possibly gameplanned for)
                  CLE: W
                  SF: W (Their defense depends entirely on generating pressure to knock QBs off their A-game, and we proved that Eli is made of Nintendium, no matter how much you bang him up, he keeps on ticking)
                  WAS: W (Griffin the Third Place only faced a Saints team in disarray so far)
                  DAL: W
                  PIT: W
                  CIN: W
                  GB: W (seriously, their defense has been exposed... they're not going to dominate this season)
                  WAS: L (we'll split)
                  NO: W (we have them at home and their team will not be as effective
                  ATL: W (especially so if there's a lot of 4th and short situations, we can definitely stop those...)
                  BAL: L (Ravens are just too good now)
                  PHI: L (see above philly entry)

The reasonably pessimistic me says we lose the SF, CAR, and WAS home matchups, producing an 8-8 season...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Oh now I'm not arguing with you I understand your concerns but I think this team is as talented as every team we face...you entitiled to your opinion and I respect it I was just expressing mine
                    True Indeed. Its the purpose of the board. Sunday cant come soon enough

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                      The homer in me says 15-1.

The reasonably optimistic me says 11-5:
                      The reasonably pessimistic me says we lose the SF, CAR, and WAS home matchups, producing an 8-8 season...
                      Yeah, i am a pessimist, thinking 9-7. I agree we will split against WAS, Prob phil and Dallas going 3-3 in the division

Comment

The best Giants team I ever witnessed that didn't win a SB was the '08 Giants. We were steamrolling teams, GOOD teams and then we all know what happened. Anyway, I don't wanna be a Debbie downer but this schedule we got here is a whole lot tougher than that one was.

I mean I think we got a good team but how many of our guys are gonna be healthy after this brutal run. If we come out 11-5 or better, there is no way we won't repeat but the realistic side of me is saying something else. I don't wanna put a record out there but let's just say I'm gonna hope for the best but expect the worse. A homer I am not.

Comment

Yeah, i am a pessimist, thinking 9-7. I agree we will split against WAS, Prob phil and Dallas going 3-3 in the division
                          No way we're beating Philly... only reason we beat them last season is because Cruz came out of nowhere.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

to Win the division they need to beat the record of Dallads, who could go 12-4 or 11-5

the Giants could go 11-5 or even 12-4, depends on their drive and motivation,

aside from that, a Wild Card spot, would need them in the top Record of the NFC,

so not only is it a matter of their Record, but the others record likewise

Comment

Originally posted by BurnerNYG View Post
                              The best Giants team I ever witnessed that didn't win a SB was the '08 Giants. We were steamrolling teams, GOOD teams and then we all know what happened. Anyway, I don't wanna be a Debbie downer but this schedule we got here is a whole lot tougher than that one was.

I mean I think we got a good team but how many of our guys are gonna be healthy after this brutal run. If we come out 11-5 or better, there is no way we won't repeat but the realistic side of me is saying something else. I don't wanna put a record out there but let's just say I'm gonna hope for the best but expect the worse. A homer I am not.
                              the 08 schedule was as brutal as this one.at one point we had like 7 straight games against playoff teams IIRC.

i know it seems like a homer statement by me. but i dunno im s till very confident in eli n this offense. that was the worst i think we'll see of this team this season and we still lost by 7 that coulda been a tie had we stopped that 3rd and 12...

Comment

Working...
                              X