Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chase Blackburn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chase Blackburn

    I've been a big fan of Blackburn, but last week was simply a weak performance.

    I was in favor of him starting last year, because Greg Jones wasn't getting it done, and Herzlich was too green.

    Chase is going to need to step up his tempo.....I don't recall him shooting any gaps, and it looked like he was the one receiving the blow on his tackles last weekend.

    Otherwise, might be time to give Herzlich a shot at the job.
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

    "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

  • #2
    after week one ?

    my goodness

    time for me to get away from these boards for a while

    Comment


    • #3
      I would say yes, after maybe 4 - 5 weeks of the same kind of performance. We might as well put in all the backups besides Eli and JPP! The whole team did pretty ****ty against Dallas so are you going to want to play all our 2nd stringers?

      Comment


      • #4
        I was def never one of the Chase lovers here, I thought he did ok the other night. Or at least he flew under the radar due to the invisibleness of Tuck, Osi, and Kiwi. That being said, I feel he is starting because right now on this team he is the best one for the job. Herzlich will probably get the job soon, but I think it is fair to trust the coaches to decide when they feel the time is right.
        #80

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
          I've been a big fan of Blackburn, but last week was simply a weak performance.

          I was in favor of him starting last year, because Greg Jones wasn't getting it done, and Herzlich was too green.

          Chase is going to need to step up his tempo.....I don't recall him shooting any gaps, and it looked like he was the one receiving the blow on his tackles last weekend.

          Otherwise, might be time to give Herzlich a shot at the job.
          I totally agree, he needs to step up next week.
          The Gigalo with the most below

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Martyr View Post
            I totally agree, he needs to step up next week.
            He and around 50 other guys

            Comment


            • #7
              Can't put it all on Blackburn I think he will get better as the season progresses granted he is not as good as he used to be but he is still cable of contributing to this team. He'll be fine once our cb situation is fixed.
              sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

              Comment


              • #8
                love the man but lets upgrade.. better is better as they say

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
                  He and around 50 other guys
                  Got me on that lol
                  The Gigalo with the most below

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I like Blackburn too but I think that after 6 years or so with the team what we see is what we're going to get with him and if thats not good enough then we have no choice but to try Herzlich..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bandwgn86 View Post
                      love the man but lets upgrade.. better is better as they say
                      Herz has to earn it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I say Herz and Chase should not be on the field.

                        Rivers/Boley/JWill. All three can run and play in coverage.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          What do you do with Kiwi?
                          Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                          I say Herz and Chase should not be on the field.

                          Rivers/Boley/JWill. All three can run and play in coverage.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bearbryant View Post
                            What do you do with Kiwi?
                            run downs It should be Kiwi/Boley/Rivers.

                            Pass down Kiwi goes to DL, JWill comes out.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I could not agree more.......its all on him to get that Dline in gear.........then he has the nerve to get a stinger on a heads on tackle when the D line gave a RB the Ole treatment

                              total BS............then he distracts Correy Webster and Tryon by telling jokes when those guys were supposed to be in a cover situation

                              I call for a congressional investigation

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X