Beatty +5.0

2012 Rating (1 game)
    Diehl -6.0
    Snee +0.2
    Baas +0.4
    Boothe -3.8
    Locklear -1.5

Anybody miss that 2008 OL?

man...that was an OL. I didnt even realize really how awesome they were. I miss those days like when we went up against Balt IIRC in 08 too, when they hadnt allowed 100 yd rushing or a rushing td (something like that) for like a year, and we had over 100 and Jacobs had a TD on Lewis and he trucked Reed on a play...those were the days. We can pass way better than 08, but i would gladly give up a little eli for some more run game

Comment

Both of our backs combined had over 100 on Baltimore but none of em solo. Bradshaw had like 98 and Coughlin the nice guy took him out the game so he doesn't break their record apparently. Man was that team dominant... it's a shame how it all went up in smoke.

Comment

So, our OL has improved from last season.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
          So, our OL has improved from last season.
          haaahahaha nice....

Gonna miss the big guy. rofl.

Comment

Hey look Baas and Diehl are much better than they were last year!!!!

Comment

Thats why we were 11-1 in 2008 at one point before the shot heard round the world. We seriously need a better OLine. Not saying we cant get hot and win without it (last year), but it makes us more dominant and makes games easier to win.
              WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

I don't get it. Stats after a single game is not really precise anyway, and this game the OL look less than mediocre. It's still better than a -47, whatever than means.

We have talent and experience on that line, we just need to get them to play well together.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                  man...that was an OL. I didnt even realize really how awesome they were. I miss those days like when we went up against Balt IIRC in 08 too, when they hadnt allowed 100 yd rushing or a rushing td (something like that) for like a year, and we had over 100 and Jacobs had a TD on Lewis and he trucked Reed on a play...those were the days. We can pass way better than 08, but i would gladly give up a little eli for some more run game
                  You never realize how good an O-line is until they are gone, and you see how bad the replacements are. OL is the most thankless job in football.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                    PFF ratings for the 2008 OL vs 2011 OL vs 2012 OL

2008 Rating
                    Diehl +4.4
                    Snee +37.7
                    Seubert +34.9
                    Ohara +10.0
                    McKenzie +32.2

2011 Rating
                    Diehl -47.2
                    Snee -12.4
                    Boothe -16.0
                    Baas -10.3
                    McKenzie -19.8
                    Beatty +5.0

2012 Rating (1 game)
                    Diehl -6.0
                    Snee +0.2
                    Baas +0.4
                    Boothe -3.8
                    Locklear -1.5

Anybody miss that 2008 OL?
                    what can you do....
                    posting past stats does nothing.
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                      You never realize how good an O-line is until they are gone, and you see how bad the replacements are. OL is the most thankless job in football.
                      How did you not realize how good the O line was in '08? We had two 1,000 yard backs (Jacobs and Ward) and all three of our backs averaged over 5 yard per carry.

Offensive lines need to grow together. Right now our O line is in flux. It's going to be that way for a while. Get over it. Glad we have Eli.

Comment

That OLine in 2008 could have stopped Armageddon. They were so good it made our running game absolutely dominating that year. Besides the blip against the browns, the giants did so well. We stomped out the cardinals, steelers, and ravens. I truly felt towards the end of the season that we could have repeated.

We pretty much have the same schedule this year, but our line is obviously in shambles in my opinion. I know its the first game and all but I saw a lot of the same problems as last year during the regular season.

Comment

To be fair, our OLine looked horrible last year, yet there was I believe a 5 game stretch where we didnt give up a sack, and we were constantly swithcing it up with Boothe at center, Diehl at LT, and Petrus at LG.
                          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                            what can you do....
                            posting past stats does nothing.
                            Posting stats quantifies how bad our OL is, and who is the worst. It also may help the people who in the last week defended Diehl and made ridiculous statements about how we won 2 super bowls with him so he can't possibly be that bad. It also shows how bad a job Reese has done with the OL in free agent spending and drafting. Barden, Jernigan, Sintim, and Austin in rounds 2 and 3 just to name a few picks that could have been used for OL.
                            Last edited by moosedrool; 09-12-2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                              Posting stats quantifies how bad our OL is, and who is the worst. It also may help the people who in the last week defended Diehl and made ridiculous statements about how we won 2 super bowls with him so he can't possibly be that bad.
                              dont need to see stats to "quantify" how bad the current oline has performed. Its obvious they have issues. Stats dont show the whole picture anyway because regardless of "how bad" Deihl is ratings wise they did win SBs with him on the line so that "quantifies" there is more to the game than stats and ratings.
                              With that said....I agree....the oline needs to get their **** together or find players that will,........
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                              X