Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams

    Who covers these guys?

    I am a little worried about being able to cover both these guys. Both are explosive, big, physical receivers. I am guess CWeb gets put on VJax and we pray he doesnt play like week 1, and either Prince/ Coe/ Hosely on Mike Williams.

    Mike Williams is a very good WR. I watched him in Syracuse and he was leading the NCAA in yards in week 7 before getting suspended. The entire NCAA! Then we saw what he could do his rookie year when he busted on the sceen. Last year he was kinda lost, but this season, with the addition of VJax, he will emerge again as a huge threat.

    I hope we can stop both these guys, and not let them look like Orgletree and Dez.

    I think we will be able to get back to stopping the run with Martin, Blount and Ware. Those guys are good, but I think our front 7 turns it up a notch and stop that run game.

    Offensively, Im really worried about our run game, as most of us here are, but Ill save that for another thread.

    I think Mike Williams could have a HUGE game vs us if we play like last week.
    Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

  • #2
    c web on v jack is a no brainer hope he doesnt get butt ****ed again like he did against dallas
    sigpic
    FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

    2015 season tbd

    Comment


    • #3
      Whichever corner is better at covering the inside slant routes should probably take on Mike Williams. Mike's MO is a physical receiver who can catch in traffic. Vincent Jackson is more of the stretch the field type despite his size. I tried to tell Tommy all of this, because we're good friends, the both of us being head coaches and all.
      Sincerely,
      Greg Schiano
      Head Coach, Tampa

      Comment


      • #4
        they both are talented WRs
        don't sleep on this tampa game

        Comment


        • #5
          dont forget about benn as well decent wr
          sigpic
          FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

          2015 season tbd

          Comment


          • #6
            I was thinking about this earlier too, I hope our pass rush can devour Freeman all day.

            If he has as much time in the pocket as Romo did, Vjax and those guys will definitely be open.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
              Who covers these guys?

              I am a little worried about being able to cover both these guys. Both are explosive, big, physical receivers. I am guess CWeb gets put on VJax and we pray he doesnt play like week 1, and either Prince/ Coe/ Hosely on Mike Williams.

              Mike Williams is a very good WR. I watched him in Syracuse and he was leading the NCAA in yards in week 7 before getting suspended. The entire NCAA! Then we saw what he could do his rookie year when he busted on the sceen. Last year he was kinda lost, but this season, with the addition of VJax, he will emerge again as a huge threat.

              I hope we can stop both these guys, and not let them look like Orgletree and Dez.

              I think we will be able to get back to stopping the run with Martin, Blount and Ware. Those guys are good, but I think our front 7 turns it up a notch and stop that run game.

              Offensively, Im really worried about our run game, as most of us here are, but Ill save that for another thread.

              I think Mike Williams could have a HUGE game vs us if we play like last week.
              theres no point in trying to nail down whose going to cover who. We run multiple schemes and game plans where people are playing a different WR almost every play.
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

              Comment


              • #8
                I'd like to see CWebb get some help against V-Jax in this one. He's the type of receiver that I've noticed Corey typically struggle against--the bigger, stronger (and faster) ones that he can't control with his own size and strength...TO, Marshall, Colston, , Dez, V-Jax etc.

                In '09, when SD came into town, I didn't like what I saw in their matchup. Just sayin'...

                Comment


                • #9
                  I would like to think that is what opposing defenses think when they have to cover both Nicks and Cruz

                  Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SackingMyths View Post
                    I'd like to see CWebb get some help against V-Jax in this one. He's the type of receiver that I've noticed Corey typically struggle against--the bigger, stronger (and faster) ones that he can't control with his own size and strength...TO, Marshall, Colston, , Dez, V-Jax etc.

                    In '09, when SD came into town, I didn't like what I saw in their matchup. Just sayin'...
                    that 09 defense was classically bad tho. we're going against the DC of that 09 team when we face TB so hopefully his D is still as inept as ever

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      Who covers these guys?

                      I am a little worried about being able to cover both these guys. Both are explosive, big, physical receivers. I am guess CWeb gets put on VJax and we pray he doesnt play like week 1, and either Prince/ Coe/ Hosely on Mike Williams.

                      Mike Williams is a very good WR. I watched him in Syracuse and he was leading the NCAA in yards in week 7 before getting suspended. The entire NCAA! Then we saw what he could do his rookie year when he busted on the sceen. Last year he was kinda lost, but this season, with the addition of VJax, he will emerge again as a huge threat.

                      I hope we can stop both these guys, and not let them look like Orgletree and Dez.

                      I think we will be able to get back to stopping the run with Martin, Blount and Ware. Those guys are good, but I think our front 7 turns it up a notch and stop that run game.

                      Offensively, Im really worried about our run game, as most of us here are, but Ill save that for another thread.

                      I think Mike Williams could have a HUGE game vs us if we play like last week.
                      Well if we're lucky, JPP will be covering by making Freeman run for this life.
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                        that 09 defense was classically bad tho. we're going against the DC of that 09 team when we face TB so hopefully his D is still as inept as ever
                        True. And ugh...what a disappointing season that was. I get nauseous just thinking about the likes of that dope and CC Brown.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          stop the run and force Tampa to pass and then give Webster safety help on VJ....that"s how you stop the TB offense.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                            Well if we're lucky, JPP will be covering by making Freeman run for this life.
                            We're going to need JPP to rush the passer, cover Vjax and also plug up the run. We might also need him to play on O-line for a bit and create some lanes.

                            Hopefully we're not asking too much of him.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X