Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB! Giants fans worried? Really?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TB! Giants fans worried? Really?

    If our D is not as good as the Panthers then I'd worry about TB. I watched TB and Panthers on NFl ticket, and honestly, I was not that impressed with TB's offense, their QB, or DJ Ware, whom we know. Their receivers are good, but the Giants are supposed to have the best pass-rushers in the league, and should they also wake up this week, the rush will cover the CBs. OLIne and Wilson need redemption and this will be the game they start down that path.

    What is interesting to me will be Cruz and will he redeem himself???? Question marks as to: Was it just a bad game? Was it an indication of Terrelism, with I'm sooo good my helmet is tight, and isn't getting separation and catching the ball and add YAC automatic because I'm sooo good, right? right? Or, will he "Cruzin'" once again? OK swhat else is there to talk about, it's only Wednesday

  • #2
    I think Victor may have been distracted as local New York fan suggests and he still may be. (Due to declining health of his Grandmother and her passing) I hope he can move forward with his career and focus on the positive. I doubt he has any sophomore slump.

    For what it is worth, our offense didn't really open up as it didn't need to. The Panthers continuously shot themselves in the foot with turnovers. We had the ball 2/3 of the game. Key will be not turning it over, not to sound cliche.
    Sincerely,
    Greg Schiano
    Head Coach, Tampa

    Comment


    • #3
      What did you see the 1st game of the season that would make you so confident they will win? I mean I think they can, but I won't act like its going to be an easy game. Tampa looked really solid.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Greg Schiano View Post
        I think Victor may have been distracted as local New York fan suggests and he still may be. (Due to declining health of his Grandmother and her passing) I hope he can move forward with his career and focus on the positive. I doubt he has any sophomore slump.

        For what it is worth, our offense didn't really open up as it didn't need to. The Panthers continuously shot themselves in the foot with turnovers. We had the ball 2/3 of the game. Key will be not turning it over, not to sound cliche.
        Hey I didnt see a Stat line. what were the final numbers for DJ Ware on Sunday??

        I know Eli missed those extra few seconds that DJ used to give him to throw a decent pass
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

        # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

        1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

        ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
          Hey I didnt see a Stat line. what were the final numbers for DJ Ware on Sunday??

          I know Eli missed those extra few seconds that DJ used to give him to throw a decent pass
          i would love to know that too

          Comment


          • #6
            it doesnt matter who the giants play it will always be a dogfight. that being said cant wait until they open a can of woop *** on the bucs sunday. waiting since the 5th is like chinesse water toture
            sigpic
            FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

            2015 season tbd

            Comment


            • #7
              the Giants dont dominate games very often. Its usually a decently close game. As Giants fans we have come to expect that.
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bigbluefan77 View Post
                i would love to know that too
                got it.

                NAME ATT YDS AVG LONG 20+ TD YDS/G FUM FUML 1DN
                Doug Martin 24 95 4.0 15 0 0 95.0 0 0 4
                D.J. Ware 2 14 7.0 8 0 0 14.0 0 0 1
                Josh Freeman 7 13 1.9 12 0 0 13.0 0 0 3
                LeGarrette Blount 3 8 2.7 4 0 0 8.0 0 0 0
                Totals 36 130 3.6 15 0 0 130.0 0 0 8
                Opponents 13 10 0.8 7 0 0 10.0 0 0 1
                2 carries for 14 yards with long of 8 and avg of 7. Not bad for what a third option, but not great. however its the intangibles here brings to a game that make him valuable not the stat line imo
                Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ware did alright, I didn't expect him to hit the field so early but Mike was crazy over the guy. We gave him the ball a couple times, he was 2 for 14. His pass protection was his strong point. You guys must have a deep backfield, he's a good player.
                  Sincerely,
                  Greg Schiano
                  Head Coach, Tampa

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    hey in the stat Categories along the top, the very last one is "1DN"

                    DJ had 1 and Martin had 4. What does 1DN mean...lol
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Greg Schiano View Post
                      Ware did alright, I didn't expect him to hit the field so early but Mike was crazy over the guy. We gave him the ball a couple times, he was 2 for 14. His pass protection was his strong point. You guys must have a deep backfield, he's a good player.
                      Well we only have 1 proven Back and thats Bradshaw. The other 2 were drafted in past two years. Wilson this season and Scott last season. both are very GREEN with no NFL game experience to speak of. I guess TC and the coaching staff are going with Youth and hoping they pan out. I think they will but there will be growing pains and neither of them can block like DJ can
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                      # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                      1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                      ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                        hey in the stat Categories along the top, the very last one is "1DN"

                        DJ had 1 and Martin had 4. What does 1DN mean...lol
                        1st Downs.
                        Sincerely,
                        Greg Schiano
                        Head Coach, Tampa

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          2 carries for 14 doesnt really show anything. The also have Blount...who oly got three. Cant measure his success until he gets significant carries.

                          I dont wish him ill will at all I just wont put stock in 2 carries....
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by miked1958
                            Well we only have 1 proven Back and thats Bradshaw. The other 2 were drafted in past two years. Wilson this season and Scott last season. both are very GREEN with no NFL game experience to speak of. I guess TC and the coaching staff are going with Youth and hoping they pan out. I think they will but there will be growing pains and neither of them can block like DJ can
                            In Tampa, we thought Wilson could develop as a pass protector in time so I hope that works out. A lot of teams carry 4 tailbacks into the season, unfortunate for you guys you didn't. Fortunate for us on the other hand.
                            Sincerely,
                            Greg Schiano
                            Head Coach, Tampa

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I watched the game and obviously from the stats Ware didn't make much impact in the run game but he was excellent in picking up blocks. I like the addition a little more after seeing that but I feel that he and Blont should get more carries. I would like to keep Martin healthy. I think the key to this game will be the Bucs passing game against giants secondary.If we can get Benn back it's going to take a lot of preesure off of V Jax and Williams. Im hoping the conservative playcalling was due to playing against the Panthers and it wont be a trend. I never liked Corey Webster and even without the injuries I wasn't that impressed with NYG's secondary so if we come out with an underwhelming pass game I will know we have an issue somewhere.The defense showed up and I think they match up decently against the giants. Guessing that Talib is on Cruz and Wright on Nicks with safety help will work for us. The pass rush definitely has more worried with the right side of our o line being questionable.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X