Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter to the Coaches -- Rookies

Head Coach C, Coach G and Coach F:

Listen, guys, love you all for the SB again last year -- after the second Washington loss last year, I didn't think you knew what you were doing. I was wrong!

Now for this year -- like the second Washington loss last year, the loss last week against the Boys was simply unexplainable. Not that we lost, but how poorly we played. I know you all know, much better than me, who played well and who didn't.

But I look around the league's better franchises, and other than here and in GB, I see teams willing to take chances with their rookies. Claiborne in Dallas, Stephen Hill on the Jets, RG on the Redskins -- all played major roles last week in victories. For the NYG, Reuben Randle I don't believe saw the field, David Wilson fumbled and then only returned kicks, I didn't see much of CB Hosley in the secondary. Our first 3 picks.

Now if we were playing well last week, that would be one thing -- but we were not. Not to kick a dead horse, but Cruz looked like his mind was in the Carribean, our secondary was bad virtually across the board, and our running game was putrid but for a handful of plays.

Playing rookies more last week probably wouldn't have changed the result -- but PLEASE think about putting more faith in these 3 this week. The rest of the league is doing it, why not us? And please, don't play Rocky Bernard for 50 snaps -- he's simply not up to it at this point in his career.

Let's hope that Prince A and Marvin A can start contributing this week.

Thanks,

MJ

Originally posted by Mick Jagger View Post
    Head Coach C, Coach G and Coach F:

Listen, guys, love you all for the SB again last year -- after the second Washington loss last year, I didn't think you knew what you were doing. I was wrong!

Now for this year -- like the second Washington loss last year, the loss last week against the Boys was simply unexplainable. Not that we lost, but how poorly we played. I know you all know, much better than me, who played well and who didn't.

But I look around the league's better franchises, and other than here and in GB, I see teams willing to take chances with their rookies. Claiborne in Dallas, Stephen Hill on the Jets, RG on the Redskins -- all played major roles last week in victories. For the NYG, Reuben Randle I don't believe saw the field, David Wilson fumbled and then only returned kicks, I didn't see much of CB Hosley in the secondary. Our first 3 picks.

Now if we were playing well last week, that would be one thing -- but we were not. Not to kick a dead horse, but Cruz looked like his mind was in the Carribean, our secondary was bad virtaully across the board, and our running game was putrid but for a handful of plays.

Playing rookies more last week probably wouldn't have changed the result -- but PLEASE think about putting more faith in these 3 this week. The rest of the league is doing it, why not us? And please, don't play Rocky Bernard for 50 snaps -- he's simply not up to it at this point in his career.

Let's hope that Prince A and Marvin A can start contributing this week.

Thanks,

MJ
    Hixon did fine as WR 3 and Cruz was the biggest issue with the receivers. If he does what hes suppose to do and make three easy catches the whole game changes
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

I simply don't agree. Dallas mandhandled our defense starting mid 2nd quarter -- nothing the offense could have done would have changed the result in my opinion.

Hixon is an overacheiver like Tyree -- but not even close to Manningham or Randle in talent or potential productivity. Open your eyes.

Comment

I simply don't agree. Dallas mandhandled our defense starting mid 2nd quarter -- nothing the offense could have done would have changed the result in my opinion.

Hixon is an overacheiver like Tyree -- but not even close to Manningham or Randle in talent or potential productivity. Open your eyes.
        so you don't think that catching balls which would of been keeping drives alives wiht a fresh set of downs instead of punting would of changed the game AT ALL?

alrighty

Tyree an over acheiver? The guy was a life time special teams player who made one GRAET PLAY and then was cut the following year.

Comment

and as for letting your rookies go argument, Wilson was getting time until he screwed up and Kuhn got plenty of PT

Comment

You miss my point -- yes, Tyree and Hixon can be (and have been or were) productive, but when you have someone like Randle, you have to get the plainly better player on the field. And no, I think we would have lost last week even if we made a handful of more plays. There was no evidence we could stop Romo -- even though his O-line is a shambles. Embarassing!

Comment

I simply don't agree. Dallas mandhandled our defense starting mid 2nd quarter -- nothing the offense could have done would have changed the result in my opinion. Hixon is an overacheiver like Tyree -- but not even close to Manningham or Randle in talent or potential productivity. Open your eyes.
              I did open my eyes. And saw Hixon make the biggest and toughest catch of the game. Randle may be good one day, but right now, Hixon is the 3rd best wr on the team.
              WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                I did open my eyes. And saw Hixon make the biggest and toughest catch of the game. Randle may be good one day, but right now, Hixon is the 3rd best wr on the team.
                i agree. Not saying that it will stay that way, but i mean you can't even say that from the preseason games that Randle beat Barden out on the depth charts

Comment

Believe what you want -- but if we don't play the rookies more this week, we will likely lose again.

Comment

You miss my point -- yes, Tyree and Hixon can be (and have been or were) productive, but when you have someone like Randle, you have to get the plainly better player on the field. And no, I think we would have lost last week even if we made a handful of more plays. There was no evidence we could stop Romo -- even though his O-line is a shambles. Embarassing!
                    but we lost by a touchdown and had drives end early because of drops which gave the cowboys back the ball with field position in which they capitalized. If we keep ONE of those drives alive and score its OBVIOUSLY a completely different game

Comment

Honestly, I can't agree with you about the way the coaching staff handles rookies. I think they've done a great job slowly bringing them along, not allowing them to get overwhelmed but instead allowing them to get accustomed to the speed of the game.

Comment

Barden and Randle aren't in the same league -- if they are, we wasted a 2nd round pick on Randle. Barden is another OK receiver.

Comment

Believe what you want -- but if we don't play the rookies more this week, we will likely lose again.
                          well stop saying rookies, this is obviously just a Randle thread because Hosley, Kuhn, and Wilson all got PT.

I do not blame TC for yanking Wilson at all. The guy had a history of it in college and just spit the bit on his second touch in the pros. THEN he came off the field TOO emotional. While its great to see on of your players play with emotion, it was also not a sign of strength.

Comment

It doesn't matter what might have happened --it didn't. I'm just urging the coaches to not bury the young guys!

We're all hoping for the same thing!

Comment

Barden and Randle aren't in the same league -- if they are, we wasted a 2nd round pick on Randle. Barden is another OK receiver.
                              again, not at this point.

you have to earn your spot, it doesn't get handed to you. Randle has not earned his PT at this point. And if your proclaiming a rookie's fate by what he is week 2 of his rookie season, then you have alot to learn analyzing how its done in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X