No announcement yet.

Breaking Down the Giants Run Game:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Yoda must coach the giants o-line.....

Does one see hole that does not exist there is? Burst through a hole one cant that not exist.

Watch a Texans game, then watch a giants game, watch chris johnson run two years ago....then watch now.... a ten yard run by foster is effortless as he typically does not even see contact for 3 yards. Whereas the giants oline can gets worse and worst, first they stopped driving people around like 2 years ago, then 1 year ago they stopped opening holes, now they go backwards.
    Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Originally posted by burier View Post
      Because these boards are weird.

Chris Snee gets a pass because he's Coughlin's son in law.

David Diehl gets a pass because he's been on the team a long time.

David Baas doesn't get a pass until someone blames Reese for signing him him the first place...Then Baas gets a pass since Reese can do no wrong.

Speaking of Reese. Why am I the only one outraged at the fact that he thought it a good idea to replace Manningham with Hixon? The guy is an injury waiting to happen.

And what was Reese thinking about when he resigned T2??
      Are we just a little angry? have a snickers!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        With all this being said, you know who I am really loving? Henry Hynoski. Hank the Tank. The Hynoserous. Dude has been playing the FB spot very well. Blocking up front and downfield.
        +1

The Hynososaurus is awesome!
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
          yes....Suebert was NOT the most talented linemen....but he had the attitude and a mean streak that this line lacks
          Exactly.
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

If we dont see an improvement this week from the oline after all the bashing they are taking, then I will be worried.
            Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
              +1. The Hynososaurus is awesome!
              Black Unicorns and now a Hynososaurus... My game planning is being put to the test... Off to google.
              Sincerely,
              Greg Schiano
              Head Coach, Tampa

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Schiano View Post
                Black Unicorns and now a Hynososaurus... My game planning is being put to the test... Off to google.
                LOL

On a serious note, it is so discouraging to see what this offensive line has come to after Seubert and O'Hara left. Those two were the definition of Giants football. Watching the Dallas game, I was almost wincing when we would run the ball, and it truly looked like there were not many opportunities for Bradshaw to make a play. However, I would agree with some that mentioned Bradshaw's vision not being as good as it was or good period. Was watching the replay on my DVR...and I do not consider myself to be a master film analyst but this is what I saw:

1st and 10 - 2nd offensive drive on the Giants 12: I formation - looks almost like it was designed to be a stretch play to the weakside, but Bradshaw follows Hynoski between a very small hole and gets stuck between our lineman, and Boothe cannot hold his block as Bradshaw passes. It looks like he could have bounced it to the outside and gotten some good yardage as Hynoski would have made the block on Sean Lee regardless and there was no one near the outside hash marks. I do not know what the play design was there, but it just looked like Bradshaw made a bad decision.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

We are a finess offense now, not a grind it out, punch you in the face, twist your balls under the pile group of players now. You know Seubert was a dirty player under a pile. Awesome guy to have on your team.
                  Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                    Agreed ... the T2 contract is one of the reasons Reese has become the best GM the Giants have ever had.
                    How can you call Reese the Best GM in Giants history when we had a bad OL last year and essentially the same OL this year? Or was it because of the cap killing contracts on Rolle and Canty? I guess you weren't a Giant fan in the mid 1980's.
                    Last edited by moosedrool; 09-14-2012, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                      Yeah I'd like to see a misdirection too...
                      Killdrive does not know the words "misdirection" or "imagination". So do not expect anything like that anytime soon. If you notice with the Giants coaching staff goes like this: "Find out what works and then do the exact opposite"

Comment

Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
                        What has to change is that our entire o-line has to grow some stones and get out there and smack some people in the mouth.
                        Giants don't need to be a running team and they need to improve the pass blocking. Then they need to use mostly draws then some power plays to suprise the defense if they want to run. Next year Giants should look into some O-linemen. Yet some of you need to understand that the Giants have nad a lot of success as well. The lowest they went was 8 and 8 and the rest were winning seasons like in 010 when the Giants went 10 and 6 and the year before that 8 and 8 then the year before that 12 and 4. Giants just have to win games and the best way I see it is that they need to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsforce View Post
                          Killdrive does not know the words "misdirection" or "imagination". So do not expect anything like that anytime soon. If you notice with the Giants coaching staff goes like this: "Find out what works and then do the exact opposite"
                          you are a dumbass....sorry. If you actually think that then you really dont know football at all.....
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I have a feeling (or maybe it's just a hope) that the o-line is going to come out this week with a major chip on their shoulder. Time for them to put down their superbowl rings and trophies and earn their pay. We shall see.

Go Giants!!

Comment

I have a feeling (or maybe it's just a hope) that the o-line is going to come out this week with a major chip on their shoulder. Time for them to put down their superbowl rings and trophies and earn their pay. We shall see.

Go Giants!!
                              I agree. The Giants dont need a top 5 running game. They dont even need a top 10 running game. They need a mid pack running game that will keep the D honnest. Thats why I think this Oline has enough talent they just need desire and attitude.....
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Go Giants!!
                                im hoping so too. If they can play hard and with effort, something they've been doing imo, eventually it will come together. as gametime said, we dont need a top 5 run game. the run game doesnt have to carry us...at all. we just need it to be functional/operational. meaning, we can't lose yards or gain 1 or 2 for like 14 of 15 run attempts. yeah that 38 yd run was good, but i'd rather we had a more consistent run game, churning 4 yds, then a run game that does nothing for 90% of the attempts, essentially messing up several drives, but that has one or two sporadic big runs...just me tho. and i think we can get the run game to where we're getting 4 yds a pop, at least we can get it to the point where every other run is a loss...

Comment

Working...
                                X