Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Terrell Thomas undergoes third ACL surgery

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Excerpt: "Earlier this week, Giants cornerback Terrell Thomas underwent his third surgery on the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, according to a person with knowledge of the procedure. That person requested anonymity because the Giants have not announced the surgery.

Thomas had originally hoped to rehab what he had called an "aggravated" ACL injury sustained during camp, the same ACL that caused him to miss last season. The Giants placed him on injured reserve -- not the short-term kind -- as he began that rehab. But after a few weeks, it became clear something wasn't right." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

IMO it's time to cut him. Soon as the season ends. The Giants have too many injury prone players at CB to house a guy who's hurt 50 percent of all seasons with torn ACL's.

Comment

Originally posted by foosball View Post
      IMO it's time to cut him. Soon as the season ends. The Giants have too many injury prone players at CB to house a guy who's hurt 50 percent of all seasons with torn ACL's.
      As he rehabs, there will likely be an injury settlement. Personally I hope they keep him on IR until the season is over
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by foosball View Post
        I would have cut him too. I would have given him his injury settlement and his walking papers. This is business, not personal.

Comment

Well that's that.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

too bad for him.....tough break.
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Tough break for T2. The Giants and JR had structured Thomas' contract in case of something like this and it happened. An early end to his current contract is imminent.

Comment

Well, thats his career (imo), good luck to him whatever he pursues outside of football..

Comment

no rush to cut him, cut him next camp if necessary

so far Hixon has made it back from multiple surgeries, so while maybe a longshot, it is still possible
                  Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

Hixon and T2 both missed last season with their 2nd torn ACL in the same knee. This makes it T2's 3rd ACL surgery. Doesn't look promising. I beleive his contract was structured so that if he made it through this year healthy and returned to form, he would be due some big time money after this coming offseason. There is no chance he will be in camp with us next year under his current contract. Its possible the Giants re-negotiate and bring him back at a much lower price.

Comment

Career-ender I'm afraid.

Comment

This 3rd knee injury came too easy... tells you how stable his knee was coming in.
                        You wouldn't think this 3rd surgery would strengthen or tighten the ligament any better than the 2nd.
                        Probably the end of his career. Giants will prob give him a chance to rehab and give it another shot, but it will come as a big surprise if he ever makes the team and gives us quality time again.
                        Good luck, TT... tough break.

Comment

Resign: him at the vet minimum. He would make a great backup CB

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                            Well, thats his career (imo), good luck to him whatever he pursues outside of football..
                            He's from the town that I currently live in (Rancho Cucamonga). I was lucky enough to meet him. Great guy, bad break. This is business though. He could make for a nice coach if he decides to give it up.

Comment

Sad news. I have a feeling he will try again though, and stick with the team for the league minimum.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

Working...
                              X