Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perry Fewell to D Line: Stop griping about the refs

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...ing-about-refs

Excerpt: "One big reason why the Giants’ talented trio of defensive ends couldn’t get close to Tony Romo on opening night was because of what seemed to be an unusual amount of holding calls missed by the replacement refs.

Perry Fewell, the Giants’ defensive coordinator, saw them too.

His message to his players about that: Stop complaining and do something about it instead.

“You have to play the game,” Fewell said on Thursday. “You can’t officiate the game. It’s our job to play the game. If somebody holds me, then I am going to get him off me. My take is, ‘Let’s get his a** off of me.’ Excuse my French." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

****ING LOVE IT!

Stop making excuses and BEAT SOMEONE'S ***!!!!!
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Hard to argue his point
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

If they're holding you, hold them right back...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

"claps"
          Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

Yes!
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...ing-about-refs

Excerpt: "One big reason why the Giants’ talented trio of defensive ends couldn’t get close to Tony Romo on opening night was because of what seemed to be an unusual amount of holding calls missed by the replacement refs.

Perry Fewell, the Giants’ defensive coordinator, saw them too.

His message to his players about that: Stop complaining and do something about it instead.

“You have to play the game,” Fewell said on Thursday. “You can’t officiate the game. It’s our job to play the game. If somebody holds me, then I am going to get him off me. My take is, ‘Let’s get his a** off of me.’ Excuse my French." Read more...
              love it!!! Perry is getting me hyped lol

Comment

I like it. Maybe the message will sink in. Although you have to say there was a lot of holding.

Comment

The correct message....

Comment

As heart breaking as the Dallas game was, and how down I was about it... I am starting to get pumped up this week. Reading a few different articles, and statements from players, I feel like they have started to buckle down and get their head into the game... These guys just might be ready to explode, taking last weeks loss out on the next unfortunate team who has to face them. This game is going to get very physical!
                    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

You guys, it is not going to work. They can hold places on the body that is hard to escape. Fewel and the rest of you are full of it. I saw them hold JPP right at his neck so that he can't escape. Our D-line is good but come on if those O-lines are holding, then that can ware our D-line out. It can take too much work to escape hoiding. Refs aren't doing their job.
                      Last edited by Diamondring; 09-13-2012, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                        +1

either tackle them ..or tackle them!

wait...that makes no sense

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                          You guys, it is not going to work. They can hold places on the body that is hard to escape. Fewel and the rest of you are full of it. I saw them hold JPP right at his neck so that he can't escape. Our D-line is good but come on if those O-lines are holding, then that can ware our D-line out. It can take too much work to escape hoiding. Refs aren't doing their job.
                          +1 also.

If you are being held, tackle the offensive lineman. Just flat out tackle him. He will get the point; those guys dont get tackled too often.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                            no...you give them a head slap to the ear hole......
                            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Deacon Jones head slap.
                              Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Working...
                              X