Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Webster is getting TOASTED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Webster is getting TOASTED

    Anyone wants to still continue to call me an idiot after I clearly said that Webster and Rolle are the main reasons our secondary isn't playing up to par. I think if we can get these guys to step up or secondary problems will start to clear up. Coe and Tryon wasnt as bad as people on these boards said. Webster and Rolle needs to STEP IT UP BIG TIME...they both have big time contracts so I expect big time plays.
    " In Reese to Sign a Bust"

  • #2
    Yeah, I'm seeing that too. Does webster have any nagging injuries that we don't know about?

    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

    Comment


    • #3
      C.Web looks very average..I don't know who was posting he was a top 10 corner..so far it doesn't look like he should even made the 53

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
        Yeah, I'm seeing that too. Does webster have any nagging injuries that we don't know about?
        yeah, he is no Reevus! they are beating him big time, that can't go on for much longer, has to step up. really though he had better wheels than that?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tcseacliff View Post
          yeah, he is no Reevus! they are beating him big time, that can't go on for much longer, has to step up. really though he had better wheels than that?
          I agree, he looks out of shape or just flat out slow. He's actually starting to get old and it's showing more than I thought it would at this point in his career. He has been through a lot of wars and his age is starting to creep on him.
          Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

          Comment


          • #6
            These def were not his best games, but that being said he had a run at one point where he was spectacular. They just look like some serious lapses.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
              C.Web looks very average..I don't know who was posting he was a top 10 corner..so far it doesn't look like he should even made the 53
              His play is always very up and down. He'll go through stretches where he can shadow a #1 with no safety help, and other times when he can't cover a bum. (See: Ogletree, Kevin)

              In 07, 11 playoff run - he played at a shutdown level. He just doesn't seem to keep it going for long enough.

              Comment


              • #8
                He's human and the body changes and ages. Let's not dog the man... he did help us win 2 titles. We can discuss it without calling him names or sayIng he shouldnt have made the roster. I wonder how many of our messageboard members can cover a NFL receiver. Now that'll be a sight to see. LOL
                Last edited by BurnerNYG; 09-17-2012, 12:51 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BurnerNYG View Post
                  He's human and the body changes and ages. Let's not dog the man... he did help us win 2 titles. We can discuss it without calling him names or sayIng he shouldnt have made the roster. I wonder how many of our messageboard members can cover a NFL receiver. Now that'll be a sight to see. LOL
                  I agree, I think his level of play has drastically deteriorated and as fans it is very upsetting to see him get torched over and over, but that's more coaching error for still keeping him out there, or maybe it's because he's the best we got at the moment.

                  I still respect the man and appreciate everything he's done for us over the years and when you consider how thin we are at that position, you can't really expect him to go anywhere.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                    I agree, I think his level of play has drastically deteriorated and as fans it is very upsetting to see him get torched over and over, but that's more coaching error for still keeping him out there, or maybe it's because he's the best we got at the moment.

                    I still respect the man and appreciate everything he's done for us over the years and when you consider how thin we are at that position, you can't really expect him to go anywhere.
                    Some are just ready to just throw him to the wolves... wow.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think web's been playing too soft lately he's giving too much of a cushion to these receivers I dunno if it's cuz it's the way the D is setup but he needs to be doing more press and get a good jam off the line imo

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        bump and run, seriously. we need to play physical at the line, slow down these big receivers. thats the only way...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tcseacliff View Post
                          yeah, he is no Reevus! they are beating him big time, that can't go on for much longer, has to step up. really though he had better wheels than that?
                          He's no revis because the league doesn't let him hold and hand check the receivers down field on every play

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I cant remember Webster ever being great in zone coverage. He always seems to play better when he can play close man to man.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
                              Anyone wants to still continue to call me an idiot after I clearly said that Webster and Rolle are the main reasons our secondary isn't playing up to par. I think if we can get these guys to step up or secondary problems will start to clear up. Coe and Tryon wasnt as bad as people on these boards said. Webster and Rolle needs to STEP IT UP BIG TIME...they both have big time contracts so I expect big time plays.
                              Coe I might agree with but Tyron? He was getting owned at the end of this game, he also was owned in Dallas!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X