Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli bashers are going to have a field day after this game aren't they?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eli bashers are going to have a field day after this game aren't they?

    Well I'm not going to put Eli under the bus just with one game, that's for fair weather fans. Yeah the 3rd INT was pretty bad decision by Eli, but the one play I want to point out that makes me scratch my head is the attempted pass to Beatty instead of even more wide open Bradshaw, I honestly can't defend Eli on that brain-fart decision making as a QB.

    As for the game, hey Giants are only down by 11 points, Eli will have a comeback, don't worry folks.

  • #2
    Originally posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    Well I'm not going to put Eli under the bus just with one game, that's for fair weather fans. Yeah the 3rd INT was pretty bad decision by Eli, but the one play I want to point out that makes me scratch my head is the attempted pass to Beatty instead of even more wide open Bradshaw, I honestly can't defend Eli on that brain-fart decision making as a QB.

    As for the game, hey Giants are only down by 11 points, Eli will have a comeback, don't worry folks.
    3 INT's in a half is inexcusable for a 9 year veteran NFL QB.

    He's not getting pressured, and has taken only a couple of minor hits and no sacks. His head is just not all in this game. The mistakes are his and no one elses.
    The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

    Comment


    • #3
      Strahan just pointed out that TB seems to have the jump on where we're going with the ball because they know our offense. Maybe they recognized the hand signal to Cruz?


      “Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

      Comment


      • #4
        Eli is probably going to throw for 400 yards. The question is, can the defense step up.

        Comment


        • #5
          the missed throw to bradshaw in the endzone killed it for me. OPEN YOUR EYES ELI!I'm pretty sure coughlin is all over him in the locker room

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GFiP View Post
            Eli is probably going to throw for 400 yards. The question is, can the defense step up.
            Yards are no good if they don't translate to points, particularly touchdowns.


            “Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

            Comment


            • #7
              we have 27 passing plays and 9 rushing plays, despite averaging over 6 yards per carry. Gilbride needs a talking to.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                I'll bash Eli all I want and I know for sure I'm no fairweather. I'll leave him alone though... not because you said so but for the fact that we just won a championship and every player is capable of having a bad day. I laugh at somebody calling me a fairweather though, especially if I was probably a fan longer than them.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BurnerNYG View Post
                  I'll bash Eli all I want and I know for sure I'm no fairweather. I'll leave him alone though... not because you said so but for the fact that we just won a championship and every player is capable of having a bad day. I laugh at somebody calling me a fairweather though, especially if I was probably a fan longer than them.
                  Agreed... unless you have lived through the Ray Handley years you shouldn't be allowed to use that word... and if you have then you clearly are not a fair weather fan!
                  My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                    we have 27 passing plays and 9 rushing plays, despite averaging over 6 yards per carry. Gilbride needs a talking to.
                    That's only because we had the 20+ yard run from Brown to skew the average.


                    “Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
                      Well I'm not going to put Eli under the bus just with one game, that's for fair weather fans. Yeah the 3rd INT was pretty bad decision by Eli, but the one play I want to point out that makes me scratch my head is the attempted pass to Beatty instead of even more wide open Bradshaw, I honestly can't defend Eli on that brain-fart decision making as a QB.

                      As for the game, hey Giants are only down by 11 points, Eli will have a comeback, don't worry folks.
                      Whether Eli wins or loses there will always be critics.
                      Lets go, Giants!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                        3 INT's in a half is inexcusable for a 9 year veteran NFL QB.

                        He's not getting pressured, and has taken only a couple of minor hits and no sacks. His head is just not all in this game. The mistakes are his and no one elses.
                        agreed 100%. He's getting that familiar deer in the headlights, "oh Gosh" goober look about him again.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                          we have 27 passing plays and 9 rushing plays, despite averaging over 6 yards per carry. Gilbride needs a talking to.
                          and unfortunately BlueSanta, this will continue as long as Gilbride is the Giants O-coordinator. And of course Gilbride will stay put, until Coughlin decides to retire. Because we know that no other team is going to offer him a head coaching position in the NFL--LOL!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Well deserved bashing unfortuately. When he's off, he's really off, and today seems to be one of those days.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X