Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We have to accept we are not a strong 1st half of the season team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We have to accept we are not a strong 1st half of the season team

    And because of that we are somewhat overrated. It's so frustrating because we can be the best team in the NFl and we've showed it countless times.


    We don't start to look crisp until a handful of games are played. Hopefully we can weather the storm and figure things out and get going in the right direction.


    We don't ever generally play well at home. Not really sure why but such is the case.



    Going to take some luck and great play to win this game. We have to WANT it more.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

  • #2
    These games matter every bit as the ones at the end of the season.

    Stop making excuses.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
      These games matter every bit as the ones at the end of the season.

      Stop making excuses.
      He does have a point. Giants fans know how important it is to finish the season hot. It's what teams like Dallas haven't been able to do over the years and they have been highly criticized for it. We're notorious for 0-2 starts by now also, I wouldn't panic just yet.


      “Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
        And because of that we are somewhat overrated. It's so frustrating because we can be the best team in the NFl and we've showed it countless times.


        We don't start to look crisp until a handful of games are played. Hopefully we can weather the storm and figure things out and get going in the right direction.


        We don't ever generally play well at home. Not really sure why but such is the case.



        Going to take some luck and great play to win this game. We have to WANT it more.
        There is stil la lot of football left to be played win or lose.
        Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

        ~Big Mike~

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
          These games matter every bit as the ones at the end of the season.

          Stop making excuses.
          They're all important...yet I'd rather have issues early & finish strong (2007,2011) than start beastly & then crumble (2008)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BeatYale View Post
            He does have a point. Giants fans know how important it is to finish the season hot. It's what teams like Dallas haven't been able to do over the years and they have been highly criticized for it. We're notorious for 0-2 starts by now also, I wouldn't panic just yet.
            We have lost a division game and are losing a game vs a potential wildcard team as well. These games MATTER and if we continue to play like this then the 2nd half of the season will not matter no matter how hot we get.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Giants usually start out strong 5-2, 6-2 every season then run into trouble

              Comment


              • #8
                This team needs to figure out how to put together a good start to a season and try and stay consistent. The last month of the season is no cake walk with the schedule either.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                  These games matter every bit as the ones at the end of the season.

                  Stop making excuses.
                  I have to agree, under Coughlin, this team starts off weak...

                  PS
                  Brown's the Powerback that BJ wasn't. (still love ya 27 Big Jake)


                  NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
                    I have to agree, under Coughlin, this team starts off weak...

                    PS
                    Brown's the Powerback that BJ wasn't. (still love ya 27 Big Jake)
                    What are U talking about. The Giants have been a much better first off team

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      maybe I'm wrong but it seems like the years no one "respects" them they start off 5-2, 6-2 whatever... but in general they never seem to be a truly dominant team CONSISTENTLY...

                      maybe I'm wrong, and that's fine, but I truly wish they were consistently competitive and to be honest I am miffed at the 3 Takeaways and the fact that this game ought to be closer than what it is...

                      (and I really hate settling for FG's)

                      sorry, I'm only human fellas/ ladies


                      NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        2007 we started 6-2
                        2008 we started 11-1
                        2009 we started 5-0
                        2010 we started 6-2
                        2011 we started 6-2

                        Some people just are not knowledgeable fans.
                        Last edited by BlueSanta; 09-16-2012, 03:32 PM.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                          2007 we started 6-2
                          2008 we started 11-1
                          2009 we started 5-0
                          2010 we started 6-2
                          2011 we started 6-2

                          Some people just are not knowledgeable fans.
                          guilty...now what?


                          NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
                            guilty...now what?
                            uh oh, maybe its the firing squad? electric chair? hanging?(red font)

                            Don't worry about it man, some people like to talk down and condescend to others.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tonyt830 View Post
                              uh oh, maybe its the firing squad? electric chair? hanging?(red font)

                              Don't worry about it man, some people like to talk down and condescend to others.
                              Ya, holding someone accountable for saying something that is uninformed is "talking down to someone"

                              In truth, I was responding more to the original poster who not only made the initial statement but defended it repeatedly in the face of facts.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X