Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All you folks bashing the Giants must feel pretty dumb.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • All you folks bashing the Giants must feel pretty dumb.

    Now learn from your mistakes and say sorry. Go Big Blue... Cheers!

  • #2
    Originally posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    Now learn from your mistakes and say sorry. Go Big Blue... Cheers!
    I don't disagree with you but the same people say the same negative crap no matter what. If we go 15 - 1 they will ***** we lost the opener
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 09-16-2012, 05:40 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BurnerNYG View Post
      Now learn from your mistakes and say sorry. Go Big Blue... Cheers!
      Dude, they won and that's great. They still played terribly and the secondary was actually worse than the Dallas game. Outside of the receivers, Eli, and the D-line, the rest of the team has MAJOR issues. If they win 10 games, it'll be a miracle.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BurnerNYG View Post
        Now learn from your mistakes and say sorry. Go Big Blue... Cheers!
        What is the fascination with calling people out for not being constant rah-rah fans? Not just you in particular, but all of the other people who do it as well. Not everyone is an eternal optimist who think s this is the greatest team ever and that they can do no wrong. If anyone should be apologizing, it's you guys for always trying to start arguments with those who don't feel the same way you do when watching the games.

        Just sayin'...
        The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

        Comment


        • #5
          For what it's worth, I was cursing em out too but I learned that what is said on this board is remembered forever so I kept it to myself. I mentioned Eli's bad 1st half but nothing compared to what I would've said in the past. Sports is emotional so trust me I understand, I just think it's funny and I'm kind of glad it wasn't me this time.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
            What is the fascination with calling people out for not being constant rah-rah fans? Not just you in particular, but all of the other people who do it as well. Not everyone is an eternal optimist who think s this is the greatest team ever and that they can do no wrong. If anyone should be apologizing, it's you guys for always trying to start arguments with those who don't feel the same way you do when watching the games.

            Just sayin'...
            Apparently real fans can never be upset with the team ::sarcasm:: I won't lie, I get riled up at the first bad play but no, I do not feel dumb. The Giants did everything they could do to lose that game, they really did. Why should we act as if Eli didn't throw 3 first half picks, as if the secondary isn't one of the worst in the league, or as if the O-line can run block? These are actual problems that will most likely prevent the Giants from winning the division.

            I have faith in the Giants when they are within one possession to win the game in the last 2 minutes. But that's a situation that's happening WAY too often for any fan to consider this is a good team.

            The only thing I can hope for is for improvement but I won't change my tune if the same issues crop up again.

            Comment


            • #7
              Any long-term Giants fans should know by now that we never win easy. It is very rare that we just dominant all facets of the the game. Learn to have faith and not jump to conclusions. That guy Eli Manning is pretty good under pressure.

              Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                What is the fascination with calling people out for not being constant rah-rah fans? Not just you in particular, but all of the other people who do it as well. Not everyone is an eternal optimist who think s this is the greatest team ever and that they can do no wrong. If anyone should be apologizing, it's you guys for always trying to start arguments with those who don't feel the same way you do when watching the games.

                Just sayin'...
                agreed, i never throw in the towel myself,(seen too many comebacks) but i understand at times when fans think we just stink that half or game.

                good to see you guys fixed the mod badges

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sorry Cuse girl. You got owned. Jump off the bandwagon now. Save yourself the cardiac arrest too because this is how it is with the Giants. Any real fan who's been watching for long enough would know that we seldom win easily.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Giantz4Life View Post
                    Any long-term Giants fans should know by now that we never win easy. It is very rare that we just dominant all facets of the the game. Learn to have faith and not jump to conclusions. That guy Eli Manning is pretty good under pressure.
                    Doesn't that wear on you though? Maybe I'm just self-concious loll but I'm tired of there being any discussion as to whether or not the Giants are a good team. Just for once, I'd like to go into a game and know for a fact "yea, we're winning this one". Can anyone say with conviction that the Giants are better than Tampa Bay at this point?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BROADWAYSTORM View Post
                      Sorry Cuse girl. You got owned. Jump off the bandwagon now. Save yourself the cardiac arrest too because this is how it is with the Giants. Any real fan who's been watching for long enough would know that we seldom win easily.
                      Wut does that even mean?

                      By the way, I do not in anyway appreciate you insinuating I'm not a real fan. Like you have no idea how much that angers me. You don't know me. You've never met me, don't ever make assertions about how much I care about my team dude.
                      Last edited by CuseGirl; 09-16-2012, 05:37 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Giantz4Life View Post
                        Any long-term Giants fans should know by now that we never win easy. It is very rare that we just dominant all facets of the the game. Learn to have faith and not jump to conclusions. That guy Eli Manning is pretty good under pressure.
                        Yeah after last season, I learned not to give up on him so easy. That game had a similar feeling of that '08 Bengals game. Hopefully the Dallas game was our Cleveland game and nobody shoots themself.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          3 ints is nothing to cheer about. Good come from behind win though.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CuseGirl View Post
                            Doesn't that wear on you though? Maybe I'm just self-concious loll but I'm tired of there being any discussion as to whether or not the Giants are a good team. Just for once, I'd like to go into a game and know for a fact "yea, we're winning this one". Can anyone say with conviction that the Giants are better than Tampa Bay at this point?
                            Maybe I'm just numb to the way the Giants win games. Sure I get down when we're playing piss poor and down by 2+ TDs, but I always have that thought in the back of my mind that as long as there is time on that game clock that Mr. Manning can work his magic. Having faith in your team is much more fun than crying and giving yourself a heart attack for no reason.

                            Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It's OK to bash the team or a player, as Giants fans we all get emotional and frustrated. It's the over the top comments some times that gets to me, calling a game over or the season over if we're down by 14 at the half, in the 2nd game of the season. Come on now, we all know what the Giants are capable of doing, 2nd half or 4th quarter come backs! With that said, we have a very hard schedule ahead, there's definitely going to be more moments of being emotional and frustrated. Just as there will be moments of being ecstatic. Let's just keep things in perspective, we can't win them all or a Super Bowl every year.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X