Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Andre Brown get the start on Thursday?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Andre Brown get the start on Thursday?

The guy was very effective against a nasty run defense. He runs with conviction.
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

He deserves a chance, and I think the coaching staff liked what they saw from him today. I know I did...

Comment

That will depend on Ahmad's injury, but I'd put him in before Wilson to see if he's a hot and cold player. Not a slam on Wilson.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Im really not sure why Wilson and Brown didnt at least split carries. Why no love for our #1 pick??

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
          Im really not sure why Wilson and Brown didnt at least split carries. Why no love for our #1 pick??
          Same. Maybe Brown gets reps during the week as Bradshaw's backup. He's been around longer than Wilson, so he probably has a firmer grasp on the offense. Wilson, I think, has a more simplified role with the team right now in certain packages and/or plays. Brown getting hot early on probably had a lot to do with why KG didn't dial up plays for Wilson perhaps.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
            Ride the hot hand with Brown. Plus he is a bit more reliable. Can't have a runningback with fumble problems in the game much when we're trailing and having turnover problems as it is. At least that's my view on it.
            NYG

Comment

andre brown ran with purpose today, i cant wait to see what he does with 20 snaps

Comment

If Bradshaw is out, Brown will def start. And I think he earned his spot as the number two back. He will see carries now. This is how you earn TC's trust as a RB. AB goes down and Brown took advantage of the opportunity.

Comment

Brown earned his blue jersey today, he also earned more playing time in the next game. "I gotta ring...."

Comment

Originally posted by GMEN023 View Post
                    Ride the hot hand with Brown. Plus he is a bit more reliable. Can't have a runningback with fumble problems in the game much when we're trailing and having turnover problems as it is. At least that's my view on it.
                    That was all it was, he was hot and TC stayed with him.
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

He should. He hit the holes he was supposed to unlike Bradshaw.
                      Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                        If Bradshaw is out, Brown will def start. And I think he earned his spot as the number two back. He will see carries now. This is how you earn TC's trust as a RB. AB goes down and Brown took advantage of the opportunity.
                        Won't matter. If AB is out Wilson will get his fair share of touches by default
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

I definitely believe he deserves some carries come Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinTuckNYG91 View Post
                            I definitely believe he deserves some carries come Thursday.
                            I think you see him as the #2 for sure. His style is different than Wilson, he's more North South and we know how much TC loves that smash mouth in your face game. I am getting a woodie here thinking about AB-Brown-Wilson and what could become a three headed monster. I love our passing game, but would love to just start imposing our will on defenses by smashing them in the face. Need this O Line to play consistently.
                            Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

I GOT A START

HE GOT ONE TOO

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X