Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After further thought, I'm siding with Schiano on the last play.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Anyone knows what Schiano's response was in his press conf.?
    Yes. He said something to the effect of that it wasn't dirty and he doesn't know how they do it in the NFL, but that's the way he does it.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgiantfan View Post
      Eli mouthed cheap shot when he got up and coughlin was livid - never saw coughlin get so angry
      Think back to TC and Matt Dodge after the DeSeana Jackson punt return game.
      Last edited by P_Simms_#11; 09-16-2012, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
        Schiano's press conference he said something to the effect of "I didn't know that's how it's done in the NFL, but in college we play until the end"

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but now he's just a ******.
        Originally posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
        Yes. He said something to the effect of that it wasn't dirty and he doesn't know how they do it in the NFL, but that's the way he does it.
        Did he really say that? I've seen plenty of college games where they take a knee at the end. He's gonna learn real quick that you don't do that

Comment

Did he really say that? I've seen plenty of college games where they take a knee at the end. He's gonna learn real quick that you don't do that
          Yep - who knows maybe he's shouldering the crapiness of it all for his team, but it's an overall dumb statement.

Comment

Serious case of unprofessionalism!

Comment

Schiano's in his postgame news conference said the following; "“I don't know if that's not something that's done in the National Football League," Schiano said. "What I do with our football team is that we fight until they tell us game over. And there's nothing dirty about it, there's nothing illegal about it. We crowd the ball like a sneak defense and try to knock it loose. There's nothing…if people watched Rutgers, they would know that's what we do at the end of a game. We're not going to quit, that's just the way I coach and teach our players. If some people are upset about it, that's just the way it goes. I don't have any hesitation. That's the way we play. We play clean, hard football until they tell us the game is over."

Comment

i recall hearing that dude from philly talking...hugh douglas.
                he said something like it an unwritten rule to never take cheapshots during a knee play.
                shame on them.......

Comment

Another question for the real Greg Schiano whose apparently on the boards, how is it "clean, hard football" when DBs are grabbing wide receiver jerseys for an entire game expecting to get away with it half the time because of replacement refs?

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                    Another question for the real Greg Schiano whose apparently on the boards, how is it "clean, hard football" when DBs are grabbing wide receiver jerseys for an entire game expecting to get away with it half the time because of replacement refs?
                    Talib didn't play clean, hard football today. He'll be paying for that in practice. No excuses for getting toasted by Nicks all day long.
                    Sincerely,
                    Greg Schiano
                    Head Coach, Tampa

Comment

Originally posted by GMan-67 View Post
                      yeah that was cheap ... just like the cheap shot on Hixon ... i went to Seton Hall ... no football, so as Jersey guy i root for the Scarlet Knights in football and now son is Soph at RU ... liked Shiano, but really cheap stuff there at the end
                      +1 on all that!
                      sigpic

Comment

Maybe Eli should have chucked it deep for another TD and the franchise single game passing record and overall total yardage record. Then Schiano would be crying about running up the score.

I respected the guy but I hope this cheap shot crap bites him in the *** down the road.
                        8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
                          Maybe Eli should have chucked it deep for another TD and the franchise single game passing record and overall total yardage record. Then Schiano would be crying about running up the score.

I respected the guy but I hope this cheap shot crap bites him in the *** down the road.
                          But that's what they want you to do (to unnessarily put the ball into a bigger risk and possibility for a turnover). You can't really screw up a kneel down unless you somehow fumble the snap, but the d-line can't touch the ball before the snap because that's encroachment.
                          Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 09-16-2012, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Schiano View Post
                            Talib didn't play clean, hard football today. He'll be paying for that in practice. No excuses for getting toasted by Nicks all day long.
                            the excuse is he just was no match fro Nicks one on one

to quote Nicks himself......"somebody better help that man......."

he came to the sideline saying that to his teammates and I loved every minute of it

and for the record Schiano was very respectful of Coughlin while being reprimanded ....I watched the whole thing go down

Comment

That's because Talib wasn't allowed to bring his gun to the game and try to shoot someone like he did in Texas. He's as big a ******bag as his coach!

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                                the excuse is he just was no match fro Nicks one on one

to quote Nicks himself......"somebody better help that man......."

he came to the sideline saying that to his teammates and I loved every minute of it

and for the record Schiano was very respectful of Coughlin while being reprimanded ....I watched the whole thing go down
                                I watched too, and was very surprised how respectfully Schiano took the dressing down. He later defended his guys playing to the end, so he could have jabbered back at TC... but, he didn't. I'll give him that. Could have devolved into the Dteroit/San Fran spectacle last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X