Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kruunch's Top Takes (Bucs game)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kruunch's Top Takes (Bucs game)

    In no particular order:

    1) Eli has easily become the best Giants QB I've ever seen. He makes me question my sexuality.

    2) Paging Dr. Osi, Dr. Tuck, Dr. Osi .... WTF are you guys?!

    3) Looks like this is going to be one of CWeb's down years (even if his poor performance was eclipsed by the absolute abuse that we put on Talib).

    4) Nicks and Cruz ... I don't know how we're going to afford to keep them both but we need to.

    5) Andre Brown's success through the middle of the line has me wondering if some (or a lot) of our Oline woes weren't Bradshaw related.

    6) I hope Schiano gets blind sided by a GMC in the near future.

    7) I wonder if we can get Sean Astin to play the Chase Blackburn story.

    8) It was good to see Ruben Randle and David Wilson returning kicks ... it was even more satisfying to see us get some decent returns.

    9) The replacement refs make me want to punch an orphan.

    10) The Giants win and the Cowboys and Redskins lose ... the universe is almost right again (stupid Chaos Theory protecting the Eagles).
    Last edited by Kruunch; 09-17-2012, 08:18 AM.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

  • #2
    Good points all the way around.
    I am digging the return game too.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

    Comment


    • #3
      all points are valid with emphasis on 6). Schiano and his team should be banned for two weeks with no appeal .
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Brown played great, but keep in mind that he gained a lot of his yards when we were in no huddle and we were running him on draws and delays with Tampa having their ears pinned back trying to get to Eli

        thank god we kept him over Ware, some on here actually wanted to keep Ware over him ... Brown is much more dynamic of a runner
        Apologize to Melo 5

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GMan-67 View Post
          Brown played great, but keep in mind that he gained a lot of his yards when we were in no huddle and we were running him on draws and delays with Tampa having their ears pinned back trying to get to Eli

          thank god we kept him over Ware, some on here actually wanted to keep Ware over him ... Brown is much more dynamic of a runner
          True but we weren't running him any differently then how we run Bradshaw. He just looked like he had more pop through the line (hit the holes faster and harder). I was thinking Ware and Brown were a toss up entering the season so I wasn't really angsty about one or the other. I'm glad we went with Brown NOW of course
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

          Comment


          • #6
            3) Looks like this is going to be one of CWeb's down years (even if his poor performance was eclipsed by the absolute abuse that we put on Talib).

            ---------------

            I'm not sure you have down years at 30 years old. Maybe it's just decline? I don't like to jump the gun after 2 games. He is certainly going to get the season to prove he still has it. But, I don't think a "down year" will be rewarded with a comeback tour 31 yrs old. I love Webster but he is getting picked on.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
              True but we weren't running him any differently then how we run Bradshaw. He just looked like he had more pop through the line (hit the holes faster and harder). I was thinking Ware and Brown were a toss up entering the season so I wasn't really angsty about one or the other. I'm glad we went with Brown NOW of course
              kind of makes you wonder was it Brown VS Bradshaw or was it that the oline got rearranged with injury to Diehl?
              "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

              1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                2) Paging Dr. Osi, Dr. Tuck, Dr. Osi .... WTF are you guys?!
                I was watching the end of the Rams/Redskins game and the Rams DE's (Quinn and Long) were FLYING off the snap...I mean ferociously and with raw emotion! Watching the Giants line prior to seeing that was like night and day. Tuck looks unmotivated and Osi is making no impact whatsoever.

                Hard to believe with that Giants big3 on the D-line they can only account for one sack and barley any pressures.
                "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Giantsin04 View Post
                  3) Looks like this is going to be one of CWeb's down years (even if his poor performance was eclipsed by the absolute abuse that we put on Talib).

                  ---------------

                  I'm not sure you have down years at 30 years old. Maybe it's just decline? I don't like to jump the gun after 2 games. He is certainly going to get the season to prove he still has it. But, I don't think a "down year" will be rewarded with a comeback tour 31 yrs old. I love Webster but he is getting picked on.
                  I would tend to agree except CWeb has a history of having poor years and then stellar years. He wasn't getting beat flat out, just out of position here and there. That's not age ... that's just lack of focus. I think he can definitely pick it up (and I think he will).

                  Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                  kind of makes you wonder was it Brown VS Bradshaw or was it that the oline got rearranged with injury to Diehl?
                  Since it was only the tackles that were rearranged and Brown was running through the middle of the line, I'm thinking it was more Bradshaw/Brown. But having said that, we didn't see Brown on a stretch play either. And while I absolutely loved seeing Brown motor, I am holding no illusions or expectations that he will save our run game single handedly. Time will tell.
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by titwio View Post
                    I was watching the end of the Rams/Redskins game and the Rams DE's (Quinn and Long) were FLYING off the snap...I mean ferociously and with raw emotion! Watching the Giants line prior to seeing that was like night and day. Tuck looks unmotivated and Osi is making no impact whatsoever.

                    Hard to believe with that Giants big3 on the D-line they can only account for one sack and barley any pressures.
                    It's really becoming the Giants Big1 ... JPP. Tuck has always taken games off and it appears Osi is content with being paid and riding off into the sunset.

                    I'm hoping that someone will wake them up (sort of like what happened at the end of last year).
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                      Good points all the way around.
                      I am digging the return game too.
                      good post and i agree 100% loving the return game. it was good to see theteam go nuts on david wilson's good return
                      sigpic
                      FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

                      2015 season tbd

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think getting DD off our O-line has done more good than people realize. Yeah it's only the tackles, but he's been pretty banged up as of late. Having Locklear and Beatty healthy means we actually have serviceable tackles for the first time in 3 years. I for one am excited. If Baas could take it to the level that he did during the super bowl, we'd actually have an o-line worth writing home about...

                        I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                          I think getting DD off our O-line has done more good than people realize. Yeah it's only the tackles, but he's been pretty banged up as of late. Having Locklear and Beatty healthy means we actually have serviceable tackles for the first time in 3 years. I for one am excited. If Baas could take it to the level that he did during the super bowl, we'd actually have an o-line worth writing home about...
                          I've always been a DD fan but even I have to admit that his best days are well behind him at this point.

                          David Baas on the other hand .... meh.
                          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Besides the win, we also learned these positives

                            1) Hosley played well and looks like a steal in the third round
                            2) Our OL is better with Beatty/Locklear at OT
                            3) Andre Brown runs with power

                            And we also now know for sure Tryon can't play. Big win and some important questions answered.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              11) If Rolle was more out of position he'd need a passport.
                              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X