Invisible man of the week award goes to

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invisible man of the week award goes to

It was so close this week that we decided it was a tie between Osi & Tuck. Someone needs to wake them up and soon.

Lets give it to Tuck this week, since last week he visibly missed a tackle on DeMarco Murray in the backfield that went for a 48 yard gain.

Comment

Freaking OSI.. Again, this is exactly what i stressed when sticking up for Reese for not extending this guy.. This is not a guy u want clogging up ur salary cap going forward.. He completely dissapears for games at a time, and is just dreadful against the run.. Unfortunetly Osi is making everyone that was for not giving him a new contract look 100pct right..

Comment

Relax. They went up against a very good OL and they did well against the run yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
          Freaking OSI.. Again, this is exactly what i stressed when sticking up for Reese for not extending this guy.. This is not a guy u want clogging up ur salary cap going forward.. He completely dissapears for games at a time, and is just dreadful against the run.. Unfortunetly Osi is making everyone that was for not giving him a new contract look 100pct right..
          Especially me cause I said he is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
            Lets give it to Tuck this week, since last week he visibly missed a tackle on DeMarco Murray in the backfield that went for a 48 yard gain.
            tuck made a nice open field tackle in the last quarter

Comment

osi for sure tuck and cweb a close 2nd
              sigpic
              FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

JPP is an absolute MONSTER. He commands a double consistently. We need to bring some blitzes off the edge, hopefully someone will come free.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                  he's on a one year deal, we threw him some cash to shut him up, i didnt necessarily agree with giving him the cash, but i def. didnt want to trade him for a 3rd rounder either, b/c he will come good ... he will get like 12 sacks and 6 FF .... remember he's still playing for his next contract

but having guys like Tuck, Osi and Webby in preseason form is frustrating

one thing i will point out is that late in Strahan's career he would feign a holdout to avoid camp and come in 2 weeks prior to the opener and not be great either for the 1st couple games ... we're now heading into Week 3, so maybe one more uneven week before these vets hit their form

now these guys were mostly participating in the limited camp they have now, but still i dont think they were working at 100%

oh and we know the refs are letting a lot of things go , esp. holding and if you think about it ... if that takes away 1 sack/fumble then that no call can equate to a 14 point swing
                  Last edited by GMan-67; 09-17-2012, 11:37 AM.
                  Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

Originally posted by GMan-67 View Post
                    he's on a one year deal, we threw him some cash to shut him up, i didnt necessarily agree with giving him the cash, but i def. didnt want to trade him for a 3rd rounder either, b/c he will come good ... he will get like 12 sacks and 6 FF .... remember he's still playing for his next contract

one thing i will point out is that late in Strahan's career he would feign a holdout to avoid camp and come in 2 weeks prior to the opener and not be great either for the 1st couple games ... we're now heading into Week 3, so maybe one more uneven week before these vets hit their form

now these guys were mostly participating in the limited camp they have now, but still i dont think they were working at 100%

oh and we know the refs are letting a lot of things go , esp. holding and if you think about it ... if that takes away 1 sack/fumble then that no call can equate to a 14 point swing
                    I hope you are correct but it is a lame excuse. The opposing Olinemen had a limited camp also.

Comment

Tuck at least had 3 tackles and had solid containment in run support.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                        osi for sure tuck and cweb a close 2nd
                        Osi and Tuck for sure. Cweb I disagree. He was very visible yesterday. As in visibly getting beat all the time.

Comment

Osi needs to start showing up, not only is he a ghost in the pass rush, but he is a liability in run defense, the guy clearly never learned the meaning of outside containment.

Comment

Originally posted by berya View Post
                            Osi and Tuck for sure. Cweb I disagree. He was very visible yesterday. As in visibly getting beat all the time.
                            You showed that bieng visible and invisible can both be bad.

Comment

Originally posted by GMan-67 View Post

I'm pretty sure Strahan only did that once and then retired at the end of the season.
                              My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

Working...
                              X