Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secondary in general

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Secondary in general

    I understand we are a little banged up in the secondary thats fine and the fact we are not getting consistent pass rush but why are guys getting beat over
    the top ?

    I would rather give a bigger cushion and live to fight for another set of downs. We are flat out getting beat over top for Tds.

    That is a huge problem now for 2 games. Why are people running by us so easily. Safeties need to step up in support. We kept hearing that Rolle should be better now that he has to worry only about Safety spot but he needs to fill better.

    I am very happy about our win but we cant let wr's get behind us. Wait to D jackson and company.

  • #2
    If we don't get a pass rush it will be a long season. Eli and the O will need to put up 30+ points every game.

    Comment


    • #3
      The fact that we have to play a career special teamer at CB due to injury doesn't help...

      I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

      Comment


      • #4
        we are getting out talented 1 v 1 ... our guys are there for the most part, but 5th string CBs vs. 1st string WR ... you are going to throw it up for a jump ball every single time, just like we did with Nicks vs. Talib ... now Cruz flat out torched Ronde ... we really never got beat like that this week .. maybe Webby got burned, but then Rolle was back there, just not in a position to break it up
        Apologize to Melo 5

        Comment


        • #5
          Here to hoping Amukamura can solidify our CB problem...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
            If we don't get a pass rush it will be a long season. Eli and the O will need to put up 30+ points every game.
            freakin Osi am i rite.. dl needs to step up. they are getting slaughtered back there

            Comment


            • #7
              Part of the reason is both safeties are trying to be "playmakers" and cheating up towards the line. They get caught out of postion and opposing QBs just throw it over the top. They both whined about playing deep in the offseason so this really doesn't surprise me. If you watched SF last night you will see some of the most disciplined safety play in the NFL. Those guys aren't as talented as KP and Rolle but they are outplaying them.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
                I understand we are a little banged up in the secondary thats fine and the fact we are not getting consistent pass rush but why are guys getting beat over
                the top ?

                I would rather give a bigger cushion and live to fight for another set of downs. We are flat out getting beat over top for Tds.

                That is a huge problem now for 2 games. Why are people running by us so easily. Safeties need to step up in support. We kept hearing that Rolle should be better now that he has to worry only about Safety spot but he needs to fill better.

                I am very happy about our win but we cant let wr's get behind us. Wait to D jackson and company.
                Rolle plays so far out of position that he needs to bring a passport.
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Funny. I remember in 2008 Spags succeeding with dockery, michael Johnson, and Sammy Knight, and god knows who else. Now we have Philips, Rolle to replace the safety positions and we're much worse than we were in 2008. Something stinks.
                  http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                  Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                    Funny. I remember in 2008 Spags succeeding with dockery, michael Johnson, and Sammy Knight, and god knows who else. Now we have Philips, Rolle to replace the safety positions and we're much worse than we were in 2008. Something stinks.
                    Are you kidding me, Phillips & Rolle are light years ahead of those guys.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by GMan-67 View Post
                      we are getting out talented 1 v 1 ... our guys are there for the most part, but 5th string CBs vs. 1st string WR ... you are going to throw it up for a jump ball every single time, just like we did with Nicks vs. Talib ... now Cruz flat out torched Ronde ... we really never got beat like that this week .. maybe Webby got burned, but then Rolle was back there, just not in a position to break it up
                      Talib is their #1 CB.

                      Nicks is that good.
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by G.I. Ants View Post
                        Are you kidding me, Phillips & Rolle are light years ahead of those guys.
                        I know, which is why I said that we have better personnel now than we did in 2008. Yet, we're much worse.
                        http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                        http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                        Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X