Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess the Mistake That Gets Wilson Benched in Week 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Guess the Mistake That Gets Wilson Benched in Week 3

    I think our coaching staff is a good one, and I know TC isn't crazy about rooks .... but I wish we'd see a little more of the kid.

    I understand that he will (and has) made his share of mistakes.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

  • #2
    he is in the return game with Randle and I like it so far.
    he will get his shots but he has to capitalize. Wilson will be a factor more and more as the season progresses.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

    Comment


    • #3
      Didn't really see much of him in the running game, but he was there on special teams which he looked awesome in, He'll be more of a factor later on.

      Comment


      • #4
        i dont feel like he got benched in this one ... i realize the dropped pass led to Brown getting a chance and then Brown did well, so if it aint broke, but i can see where it did look like a partial benching

        im gonna predict a KR for a TD for Wilson to annoy those negy fans wanting to use their most favorite label of BUST
        Apologize to Melo 5

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GMan-67 View Post
          i dont feel like he got benched in this one ... i realize the dropped pass led to Brown getting a chance and then Brown did well, so if it aint broke, but i can see where it did look like a partial benching

          im gonna predict a KR for a TD for Wilson to annoy those negy fans wanting to use their most favorite label of BUST
          I like the cut of your jib sir!

          And yeah I agree with you ... in a tight game (or a come from behind game) sticking with what's working certainly makes the most sense.

          I just want to see more of our new shiny toy dammit!
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GMan-67 View Post
            i dont feel like he got benched in this one ... i realize the dropped pass led to Brown getting a chance and then Brown did well, so if it aint broke, but i can see where it did look like a partial benching

            im gonna predict a KR for a TD for Wilson to annoy those negy fans wanting to use their most favorite label of BUST
            I agree.

            TC went with Brown because:

            A) Brown was making positive yards on the ground.
            B) Brown was doing well in pass protection.

            Given the score, I think "B" was a very important factor.
            "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

            "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
              I agree.

              TC went with Brown because:

              A) Brown was making positive yards on the ground.
              B) Brown was doing well in pass protection.

              Given the score, I think "B" was a very important factor.

              B is important

              C the fact that he can catch

              D All of the above

              Lets go with D

              Comment


              • #8
                Am i the only one that saw Wilson's Protection block the limited time he had?

                they give him no opportunities, three carries, and two throws, indeed he dropped the passes, but run him then, utilize him as the running back he is, not just a glorified kick returner, same with Randle really,

                it's not fair to not give him opportunities and then say he didn't prove himself

                i don't know if it's the Coaches stubbornness or what, but you have to just let him grind it out on more carries than 3

                Comment


                • #9
                  right now he is a important piece of our return game.. wilson will get his touches its only week 2
                  sigpic
                  FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

                  2015 season tbd

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                    I think our coaching staff is a good one, and I know TC isn't crazy about rooks .... but I wish we'd see a little more of the kid.

                    I understand that he will (and has) made his share of mistakes.
                    He getting time and making an impact as the kick returner. Brown did what all players need to do when given an opportunity. Bradshaw is likely to lost time and both Brown and Wilson will get offensive snaps. It's how TC develops players and it works pretty well.
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                      I think our coaching staff is a good one, and I know TC isn't crazy about rooks .... but I wish we'd see a little more of the kid.

                      I understand that he will (and has) made his share of mistakes.
                      He will mistakenly put Visine in Stevie Brown's water bottle instead of Andre's.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TheShouldersOf View Post
                        Am i the only one that saw Wilson's Protection block the limited time he had?

                        they give him no opportunities, three carries, and two throws, indeed he dropped the passes, but run him then, utilize him as the running back he is, not just a glorified kick returner, same with Randle really,

                        it's not fair to not give him opportunities and then say he didn't prove himself

                        i don't know if it's the Coaches stubbornness or what, but you have to just let him grind it out on more carries than 3
                        He is definitely not "just"a glorified kick returner. A kick returner can lost the ball at the wrong end of the field, if there is a right one. He had fumbles and dropped passes, as you have indicated. That doesn't make him a bad player, it makes him, in the eyes of the coaching staff, not ready yet.

                        Brown, on the other hand, did a masterful job when given the opportunity. Both have a future here and it will be fun to watch them develop.
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                          I think our coaching staff is a good one, and I know TC isn't crazy about rooks .... but I wish we'd see a little more of the kid.

                          I understand that he will (and has) made his share of mistakes.
                          When he gets his pass protections down, I'm sure we'll see more of him.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                            I think our coaching staff is a good one, and I know TC isn't crazy about rooks .... but I wish we'd see a little more of the kid.

                            I understand that he will (and has) made his share of mistakes.
                            Bradshaw is still here, and the kid will get his shot soon. I remember Bradshaw having to wait behind Jacobs and Ward for his shot. I have no problem with what Coughlin is doing. I think it is a good thing. The kid will definitely learn to protect the ball at all time when he get more attempts per game. I can see that happening pretty soon with the various injuries that Bradshaw has. Honestly, I like what Brown brought to the game yesterday. I hope to see more of it.
                            Lets go, Giants!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Maybe he didn't play much because Brown was playing so well. Why would you not go with what is working? Wilson will get his chance. Did they give up on Barden?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X