Websters Defense - Fewell definately the problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Websters Defense - Fewell definately the problem

Even with Elis interceptions there was a lot of bad defense out there. This team has a lot of belief and talent. That will go far but we can not do it without defense.

Webster is off his game for some reason.....dont really know whats happening with him. He is not the only issue of course....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Yep, the defense has looked atrocious. Coe gets beat a lot, and Webster hasn't looked his true self.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
        Webster is off his game for some reason.....dont really know whats happening with him. He is not the only issue of course....
        he looks like a slow rookie... he is getting burnt almost every play. coe looked better then him yesterday. besides the pts we gave up off eli's picks i thought our d was pretty good
        sigpic
        FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

I bet CWeb is hurt and knows he can't come out of the game. He looks hurt.
          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Fewell cant go out and cover guys or rush the passer himself ... the players have to cover and rush better ... Webster, Osi and Tuck need to get closer to midseason form in a hurry

and the unproven guys need to step up ... Coe, Tryon ... Prince has to get healthy, Austin has to finally contribute
            Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

I love the comment that inevitably comes that the coach cant go out and play. Like I dont know that. Point is if they guys in back cant cover and the guys in front cant get pressure we need to change how we are doing things if we can.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueshine View Post
                I love the comment that inevitably comes that the coach cant go out and play. Like I dont know that. Point is if they guys in back cant cover and the guys in front cant get pressure we need to change how we are doing things if we can.
                so you blitz and single cover or you rush 4 ... either way players have to get it done ... blaming Fewell is nuts he just coached a Super Bowl winning D ... he clearly knows what he is doing, now the players have to do their jobs
                Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

I don't think he defense was that bad. I mean 21 points came off of TO's. I do think they need to never leave Coe or Tryon alone again. Those where the two plays I was most disappointed in. Don't leave your 5th and 6th CB's out there alone especially not on their #1 WR.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                    I don't think he defense was that bad. I mean 21 points came off of TO's. I do think they need to never leave Coe or Tryon alone again. Those where the two plays I was most disappointed in. Don't leave your 5th and 6th CB's out there alone especially not on their #1 WR.
                    Funny thing is, Coe and Tryon actually had good coverage on both those plays. Jackson just out positioned Coe and Tryon had the ball bounce off of him helmet. He was in the WR body between his hands on that play. Just a bad bounce.

Comment

anyone see how hosley played this game?
                      I thought i saw him once or twice but I remember how he played

Comment

Even with Elis interceptions there was a lot of bad defense out there. This team has a lot of belief and talent. That will go far but we can not do it without defense.
                        The D backs are playing soft as though they're assuming that the Pass Rush is going to get to the QB on every play!
                        At least thats how it seems to me anyway.
                        Something has to change because the number of points our O gets on the board should be resulting in these games being laughable blowouts......... yet we're routinely only winning by a single TD or less because the D can't hold a lead of ANY size.
                        Even less acceptable when you consider that the D front started the season intact and healthy for the first time in how many years.
                        Last edited by bigblue58; 09-17-2012, 10:59 AM.
                        "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

you answered your own question, if there is very little pass rush no DBs can cover NFL receivers for very long and they will get open

Comment

Originally posted by GMan-67 View Post
                            so you blitz and single cover or you rush 4 ... either way players have to get it done ... blaming Fewell is nuts he just coached a Super Bowl winning D ... he clearly knows what he is doing, now the players have to do their jobs
                            Just because we won the SB doesn't mean they're actually doing the job well. Short of a handful of games, our defense was NOT good last year. More and more, it seems like the last 5/6 games was a fluke. Yeah we won the SB, but our defense certainly wasn't doing us any favors. Can you imagine if Spags had the players he has now?
                            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                              Just because we won the SB doesn't mean they're actually doing the job well. Short of a handful of games, our defense was NOT good last year. More and more, it seems like the last 5/6 games was a fluke. Yeah we won the SB, but our defense certainly wasn't doing us any favors. Can you imagine if Spags had the players he has now?
                              Spags D is getting gashed in NO and the Rams without Spags played very well vs. the Lions on the road and the already inducted into the hall of fame ... RGIII this week

i think Strahan, Osi, Tuck, Webster, etc. made Spags more than the other way around ... not saying he isnt good, but again HELLO it's the players that play

for us ... .where's Osi?, where's Tuck?, where's Webster? ... no coordinator in this league can have 3 of their stars in early preseason form instead of regular season form and win period

the good news is that these guys will regain their form, but blaming Fewell at this point is nutso, IMO

i love that when the O sets records KG gets no credit, when the D struggles it's all on Fewell .... by my math coaches are about 15% of the puzzle and players 85%
                              Last edited by GMan-67; 09-17-2012, 11:21 AM.
                              Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

Working...
                              X