Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Hosley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thoughts on Hosley

    I realized this today but I donít remember hearing his name mentioned really at all. Usually this is a good thing when a CBís name isnít mentioned because it means theyíre not getting abused, but I wasnít sure if it was that or he didnít play much. I know he was supposed to start and cover mostly the slot receiver and I saw him on the field a few times. I wondered if anyone noticed him more than I did and what your thoughts are on him good or bad?
    NYG

  • #2
    I was thinking this same thing last night. I dont remember hearing his name at all really. You're right that it usually means only good things for a corner. Does anyone know how many plays he was in on? If he played even 50% of snaps he did a thoroughly impressive job. I dont think he was throw to more than a couple times..

    Comment


    • #3
      He ended up with like 6tackles and i didn't notice him get burnt at all.. I am on record as saying Hosley was our best draft pick after the draft, and i think hes playing like our best draft pick to this point, and hes gonna be instrumental in how our season goes the rest of the way..

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
        He ended up with like 6tackles and i didn't notice him get burnt at all.. I am on record as saying Hosley was our best draft pick after the draft, and i think hes playing like our best draft pick to this point, and hes gonna be instrumental in how our season goes the rest of the way..
        Considering Randle and Wilson have barely played, you may be right. BUT,Kuhn is looking very good as well.
        Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

        Comment


        • #5
          He's a steal as a 3rd round draft pick. He would have been a 1st round pick if he didn't fail a drug test at the combine.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think he played on the outside in two receiver sets and in the slot on three receiver sets.. He locked up mike Williams all day and he caught that big play after hosley left with something in his eye and Coe aggravated his hamstring. After the first two weeks I think he has been our best corner essentially locking up everyone he has faced.


            Subscribe to me on YouTube: mlerm17
            Follow me on Twitter @mlerm17

            Comment


            • #7
              Going through the game. 8:00 in the 3rd quarter, toss play, Hosley puts the FB on his butt. Lol.

              Not bad for a 180 pound CB vs. a 270 pound FB.

              Comment


              • #8
                According to http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/9/17...he-snap-counts Hosley only missed 4 snaps of defense. Amazing since he would be covering either VJax or Mike Williams all game and didn't hear his name mentioned once.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                  Going through the game. 8:00 in the 3rd quarter, toss play, Hosley puts the FB on his butt. Lol.

                  Not bad for a 180 pound CB vs. a 270 pound FB.
                  that's the play that stuck out to me, I was like wow we have a tough lil CB in Hosley. I know the Giants like Hosley in the slot but Prince and Coe better watch out because I really think Hosley is gonna take their jobs

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
                    that's the play that stuck out to me, I was like wow we have a tough lil CB in Hosley. I know the Giants like Hosley in the slot but Prince and Coe better watch out because I really think Hosley is gonna take their jobs
                    Well they really need three starters, even if Hosley is playing only in the slot he is going to be on the field for 70+% of the defensive snaps.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                      Going through the game. 8:00 in the 3rd quarter, toss play, Hosley puts the FB on his butt. Lol.

                      Not bad for a 180 pound CB vs. a 270 pound FB.
                      After watching his play I now know what Reese meant when he said he plays much bigger than his size! No fear or hesitation at all! Plus as much as I'm tired of the word, he has that "swagger" I wish Prince could exude! Total confidence!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                        Well they really need three starters, even if Hosley is playing only in the slot he is going to be on the field for 70+% of the defensive snaps.
                        yea I agree that we need 3 solid CB's on the field and that whoever is playing in the slot will have a good amount of playing time, but Hosley might be the best of the 3 corners. I don't know whats going on with Webby this year but he's been getting picked on.

                        I also know that playing the slot takes a special skill set, do you think Prince or Coe could play the slot if we decided to move Hosley out wide? I doubt this happens at least for this year anyway

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
                          yea I agree that we need 3 solid CB's on the field and that whoever is playing in the slot will have a good amount of playing time, but Hosley might be the best of the 3 corners. I don't know whats going on with Webby this year but he's been getting picked on.

                          I also know that playing the slot takes a special skill set, do you think Prince or Coe could play the slot if we decided to move Hosley out wide? I doubt this happens at least for this year anyway
                          I think Hosley is the best fit at nickel of any CB on the roster. He has by far the quickest feet, and will be able to cover the two way go's better than any other CB.

                          Prince, Web, and Coe should be outside with their height.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hosley was second on the team in tackles yesterday behind JPP(8) with six. Five were solo for the most on the team.

                            Not bad for a guy who appeared to be silent the whole game...(which was a good thing)
                            "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
                              yea I agree that we need 3 solid CB's on the field and that whoever is playing in the slot will have a good amount of playing time, but Hosley might be the best of the 3 corners. I don't know whats going on with Webby this year but he's been getting picked on.

                              I also know that playing the slot takes a special skill set, do you think Prince or Coe could play the slot if we decided to move Hosley out wide? I doubt this happens at least for this year anyway
                              I think Hosley is the best fit at nickel of any CB on the roster. He has by far the quickest feet, and will be able to cover the two way go's better than any other CB.

                              Prince, Web, and Coe should be outside with their height.

                              If T2 was healthy and still around, he would have made a great nickel CB in a "heavy package" with his size and willingness to take on backs and OL.

                              But in terms of defending the pass, and having some ability against the run with his scrappiness, Hosley is a great fit.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X