Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peyton vs Eli. (Denver forums)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Peyton vs Eli. (Denver forums)

    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...-Peyton-or-Eli
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

    ~Big Mike~


  • #2
    love it "most of the clutch I've seen from Eli includes alot of luck"

    Think luck is if you do it once twice maybe, Eli has done this many times...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
      love it "most of the clutch I've seen from Eli includes alot of luck"

      Think luck is if you do it once twice maybe, Eli has done this many times...
      Remember the days when this topic wouldnt even be a legitiment debate? Im actually sitting here trying to answer the question of who is better myself. If you look at body of work peyton wins hands down. If you look at it currently, its close. But its too early in the season to know for sure
      Last edited by Marvelousmik; 09-18-2012, 05:17 AM.
      Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

      ~Big Mike~

      Comment


      • #4
        Peyton is one of the best to play in this era of football, no doubt. But for some of these ignorant and bitter fans to always mention luck when it comes to Eli or the Giants, is just plain ole nonsense. All championship teams have had a bit of luck in their respective seasons/runs in the playoffs. And to those Denver fans, Elway and those Bronco teams had their share.

        But to me without Eli's play last season, we could have been a 5-11 or 6-10 team.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tonyt830 View Post
          Peyton is one of the best to play in this era of football, no doubt. But for some of these ignorant and bitter fans to always mention luck when it comes to Eli or the Giants, is just plain ole nonsense. All championship teams have had a bit of luck in their respective seasons/runs in the playoffs. And to those Denver fans, Elway and those Bronco teams had their share.

          But to me without Eli's play last season, we could have been a 5-11 or 6-10 team.
          I find it very interesting that a fan base that was rooting for Tim Tebow....has any credibility when they complain about a QB winning with luck
          "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

          1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
            I find it very interesting that a fan base that was rooting for Tim Tebow....has any credibility when they complain about a QB winning with luck
            ka-pow this ^


            NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
              I find it very interesting that a fan base that was rooting for Tim Tebow....has any credibility when they complain about a QB winning with luck
              ZING!
              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

              Comment


              • #8
                WOW!!! Some of those replys were hands down some of the most uneducated comments I have ever heard. How is it "luck" when you have orchestrated 22 fourth quarter comebacks and 26 game winning drives? DB's

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BklynBlue View Post
                  WOW!!! Some of those replys were hands down some of the most uneducated comments I have ever heard. How is it "luck" when you have orchestrated 22 fourth quarter comebacks and 26 game winning drives? DB's
                  Yep li ke the poster above said, you can call it luck if you do it once or twice, maybe 3times. but when you do it as CONSISTENTLY as Eli does it then it becomes a whole different thing. I cant fathom why the media and fans of opposing teams fail to realize this.
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                  # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                  1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                  ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Peyton's arm looks shot ... he's still a genius back there, but he will be forced to throw mostly touch passes, which is risky ... .and he won't havely nearly as many 25 yard+ plays as Eli

                    i have to give it to Eli right now today ... career reg. season = no contest, Peyton ... career playoffs not really a contest = Eli
                    Apologize to Melo 5

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      wow....even more ignorant then some of the board members here....

                      "Eli's 4th quarter come vs the Bucs was an abberation and not the norm.....???" Must be a new fan to the game.....
                      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                        wow....even more ignorant then some of the board members here....

                        "Eli's 4th quarter come vs the Bucs was an abberation and not the norm.....???" Must be a new fan to the game.....
                        hows that idiot explain 22 4th quarter comebacks and 26 game winning drives then
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                        # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                        1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                        ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                          hows that idiot explain 22 4th quarter comebacks and 26 game winning drives then
                          he doesnt.......thats the idiot part.....
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm not surprised, it's a Broncos forum. Peyton's overall career in the NFL is better than Eli's when it comes to the regular season, and I think people look at that and the consistency. However, I would take Eli right now. I couldn't care less about his regular season stats and what not. That's not important to me, and obviously not important to him. Winning championships are.
                            Mood: WOOF!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by GMan-67 View Post
                              Peyton's arm looks shot ... he's still a genius back there, but he will be forced to throw mostly touch passes, which is risky ... .and he won't havely nearly as many 25 yard+ plays as Eli

                              i have to give it to Eli right now today ... career reg. season = no contest, Peyton ... career playoffs not really a contest = Eli
                              I felt bad watching those three deep middle picks last night. The ball just floated there like a balloon.

                              It's sad watching such a great QB's career wind down.
                              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X