Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Domenik Hixon injury opens up early opportunity for Randle, golden one for Barden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domenik Hixon injury opens up early opportunity for Randle, golden one for Barden

http://www.giants101.com/2012/09/18/...ramses-barden/

Excerpt: "For the New York Giants, one of the worst parts of Sunday's 41-34 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers was the concussion suffered by Domenik Hixon. Hixon missed practice on Monday and while we have no update other than that he's "questionable" for Thursday night's game against the Carolina Panthers, we'd presume the short week means it's unlikely he'll play.

And as is our unfortunate duty around here, let's take a look at how the Giants patch the hole. Next two guys up: Ramses Barden and Rueben Randle." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Ramses had some nice catches against Tampa. As much as I want Randle to play, I'm rooting for Barden to take advantage of every opportunity he has. His size is just so valuable.

Comment

If I were a betting man, I'd say Randle will step up before Barden. But as long as one, or both for that matter, step up, that's what counts.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

that ball where eli through it slightly high and to his left just before halftime he prob should of caught. But when you have a guy 6"6 leaping to make a catch it is kinda high. However if he makes that catch the pick 6 never happens. That catch would have put us in FG Range and all Eli would have done then is take a shot or 2 at the endzone before going for the 3.
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

with that said, i agree that he still should get more of the reps. I think he could be the answer to a lot of our RedZone problems. to many times in the 1st two games we are having to settle for FGs. He is a HUGE target for Eli in the endzone using a back corner fade. Also with the emergence of Brown we can now punch it in around the goal line instead of getting stuffed in backfield
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
            with that said, i agree that he still should get more of the reps. I think he could be the answer to a lot of our RedZone problems. to many times in the 1st two games we are having to settle for FGs. He is a HUGE target for Eli in the endzone using a back corner fade. Also with the emergence of Brown we can now punch it in around the goal line instead of getting stuffed in backfield
            Not trying to be a wet blanket, but he's been 6' 6" since he's been here and we're really still waiting for him to convert that size into points. As for Brown, punching it in, I'm still wondering if the change in OLine personnel had anything to do with Brown's success. I do see Brown as the "starter" on Thursday but I really hope the OLine had something to do with his success on Sunday.

Let's hope things are finally coming together on offense and that the secondary gets some help from Amukamara in Carolina.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
              that ball where eli through it slightly high and to his left just before halftime he prob should of caught. But when you have a guy 6"6 leaping to make a catch it is kinda high. However if he makes that catch the pick 6 never happens. That catch would have put us in FG Range and all Eli would have done then is take a shot or 2 at the endzone before going for the 3.
              No way, that ball was way too high.

Comment

Randle is going to have a 50+ yards and 1 TD performance very soon. Just a gut feeling.

Comment

it's gonna be Barden Thursday and one reason is the short week, but I would guess that moves Randle into Barden's role as 4th WR and he will see the field on offense and we'll probably try to hit something deep with him ... i know not a mystery, but still 1 v 1 he's got the talent

beyond that im hoping Hix will be better and cleared to play

another thing is we could chose to stay in 2 wide a little more often than usual, but that would depend on the matchups, etc.

oh and Hix being inactive opens the door for JJ to be active and since he brings a different skill set, look for him to get some snaps
                  Last edited by GMan-67; 09-18-2012, 09:08 AM.
                  Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

Originally posted by BurnerNYG View Post
                    Ramses had some nice catches against Tampa. As much as I want Randle to play, I'm rooting for Barden to take advantage of every opportunity he has. His size is just so valuable.
                    Barden had 1 catch vs the Bucs. Also he doesnT have to take advantage of his size he has to take advantage of his oportunities. Run the right routes and be where he is supposed to be. I hope he is able to make and impact. Ultimately I think Randle will be the much more successful NFL WR.
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                      Barden had 1 catch vs the Bucs. Also he doesnT have to take advantage of his size he has to take advantage of his oportunities. Run the right routes and be where he is supposed to be. I hope he is able to make and impact. Ultimately I think Randle will be the much more successful NFL WR.
                      He only had 1 catch? Wow I must've been really drunk lol.

Comment

He only had 1 catch? Wow I must've been really drunk lol.
                        nice......
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                          Damn, I wish I had said that

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            Damn, I wish I had said that
                            I did say that, I just added in that his size is valuable. I thought Randle looked good during the preseason, I guess I was just rooting for the vet whose injuries cut his chances down.

Comment

I did say that, I just added in that his size is valuable. I thought Randle looked good during the preseason, I guess I was just rooting for the vet whose injuries cut his chances down.
                              yeah... I was on the Barden band wagon until this season. Always a sucker for a small school talent to shine in the NFL. IDK....maybe its me but he just doesnt seem to have the "it factor". Seems to lack the drive and desire. Of course I have no way of knowing this so its purely based on speculation.
                              But....on the other hand I am still a Pascoe fan and hope he becomes "Ballard like" to bookend with Bennet. So go figure...

Comment

Working...
                              X