Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIANTS' TUCK STILL BOTHERED BY TOE INJURY

GIANTS' TUCK STILL BOTHERED BY TOE INJURY

Excerpt: "At the start of practice on Thursday, there was no sign of Justin Tuck.

After about 15 minutes, the Giants defensive end emerged, walking slowly, as
    if he was in no rush to step up onto the stationary bicycle he was headed for.
    If someone could look dejected as he walked, it was Tuck, who resembled someone
    who just learned his trusted dog had eaten his beloved cat and, lo and behold,
    inside the cat’s belly was what remained of Tuck’s favorite pet bird.

Clearly, the new toe injury that Tuck suffered in last week’s 37-34 victory
    over the Cowboys is bothering him quite a bit. He hasn’t practiced yet this week
    and he has one more day to get on the field and convince coach Tom Coughlin that
    he’s ready for Sunday’s game against the Redskins. On Wednesday Coughlin said he
    believes Tuck will be able to manage the discomfort and play in the game but
    that optimism might be unfounded, based on Tuck’s body language.

Tuck has endured a miserable, injury-filled season, starting with a neck
    problem back in the summer. He’s also been slowed with injuries to his groin,
    ankle and now his toe. It’s likely he’ll be listed as no better than
    questionable to play this weekend." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: GIANTS' TUCK STILL BOTHERED BY TOE INJURY

Shocker
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

We could use a really good pass rush for the remaining games......can't we just bite the bullet and move Kiwi back to DE.....

Comment

Why does all of Tucks injuries sound like thy're leaving him crippled? Stinger, Groin, and now his toe leaves Tuck questioning whether or not he can play.

It almost sounds like excuses just keep coming up for him. I'm not judging the guy but I think there's something else wrong....He just looks mentally out of it.
        "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]We could use a really good pass rush for the remaining games......can't we just bite the bullet and move Kiwi back to DE.....[/quote]

They may with Boley and Phillips available.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="titwio"]Why does all of Tucks injuries sound like thy're leaving him crippled? Stinger, Groin, and now his toe leaves Tuck questioning whether or not he can play.

It almost sounds like excuses just keep coming up for him. I'm not judging the guy but I think there's something else wrong....He just looks mentally out of it.[/quote]

There is, he's admitted it publicly a few weeks ago. He's worried about further injury to his neck.

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="titwio"]Why does all of Tucks injuries sound like thy're leaving him crippled? Stinger, Groin, and now his toe leaves Tuck questioning whether or not he can play.

It almost sounds like excuses just keep coming up for him. I'm not judging the guy but I think there's something else wrong....He just looks mentally out of it.[/quote]

There is, he's admitted it publicly a few weeks ago.* He's worried about further injury to his neck.
              [/quote]

So what's the diagnosis on his neck? Stingers aren't usually this much cause for concern.
              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Tuck needs to be 100% to play at the level everyone expects him to play at.

Unfortunately, Tuck is rarely at 100%, historically speaking.
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="titwio"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="titwio"]Why does all of Tucks injuries sound like thy're leaving him crippled? Stinger, Groin, and now his toe leaves Tuck questioning whether or not he can play.

There is, he's admitted it publicly a few weeks ago. He's worried about further injury to his neck.
                  [/quote]

So what's the diagnosis on his neck? Stingers aren't usually this much cause for concern.[/quote]

There's nothing wrong with his neck now. He's worried about it being injured again. It's "in his head", and that's his comment, not mine.

Comment

time to cut our losses with this guy.

He had a good run but if he's playing scared he's no use to us.
                    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

tuck has not been an impact player in the positive for the giants for most of the year. he should be let to take off a few weeks and maybe if we make the playoffs allow him to come in and play with a little more umph that we have been accustomed to.

Comment

[quote user="bigbluefan1986"]tuck has not been an impact player in the positive for the giants for most of the year. he should be let to take off a few weeks and maybe if we make the playoffs allow him to come in and play with a little more umph that we have been accustomed to.[/quote]

He took a few games off and he's just been marginally better.

Comment

Working...
                        X