Jayron Hosley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jayron Hosley

He probably played better than any other corner on the field. He has some serious potential to be a pro-bowler sometime in his career.
    They said Brady and the Patriots couldn't be beat, Eli did it twice, how's that for Elite?

Originally posted by NYGFaninILL View Post
    He probably played better than any other corner on the field. He has some serious potential to be a pro-bowler sometime in his career.
    I didn't hear his name called a whole lot. Better that than seeing the back of his jersey.
    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

I can't believe they rarely threw his way. He either covered amazingly or they respected him, both of which are great things for a rookie out of a late round.

Comment

i am stoked with him too but lets remember, we had tryon out there a bunch and coe too. qbs would prob rather test those 2 out, bc they havent been able to stop much, than hosely who had a preseason pick 6

Comment

Hosley will be a lockdown ball hawking corner once he gets little more NFL experience under his belt

Led the ACC with 9 picks his sophomore year... and while fighting off nagging injuries last year QBs didnt bother throwing his way. He apparently was "bored" last year with the college skill level and decided to declare for draft.

He's already showing signs it was an excellent risk worth taking by the Giants / Reese.

Comment

The one thing I am hesitant about is the fact I think defenses want to go with the more sure thing right now and that's attacking the other cornerbacks right now who aren't playing that well. I mean, why attack Hosley when Webster has been playing like crap? I still think he's going to be a good player (and is so far) but I want to see him challenged more first.

Comment

I might be wrong, but I didn't hear his name called once in the last game.

Comment

I think it was more a matter of Vincent Jackson abusing Corey Webster, but Hosley must have been doing something right to avoid looks hes one of the players i am most excited about this year can't believe we got him in the 3rd round never knew height effected a players stock that much.

Comment

Originally posted by G-MEN2007XLII View Post
                  I think it was more a matter of Vincent Jackson abusing Corey Webster, but Hosley must have been doing something right to avoid looks hes one of the players i am most excited about this year can't believe we got him in the 3rd round never knew height effected a players stock that much.
                  I don't think height had much to do with it, he failed a drug test...

Comment

Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
                    Ah didn't know that, still with all the players that test positive for marijuana each year in the NFL Its surprising that its even a factor any more.

Comment

If I were scouting, this would have little to NO impact, depending on the drug. Heroin, crystal meth about the only 2 drugs I would not tolerate in an NFL athlete

Marijuana, maybe some crack/cocaine....these kids are in college and they WILL make bad choices. Its part of growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                        If I were scouting, this would have little to NO impact, depending on the drug. Heroin, crystal meth about the only 2 drugs I would not tolerate in an NFL athlete

Marijuana, maybe some crack/cocaine....these kids are in college and they WILL make bad choices. Its part of growing up.
                        I agree, it's not marijuana that turns teams off...it's the fact that these guys spend years dreaming about & preparing for the combine/draft and know a drug test will happen, yet still show up with drugs in their system shows that they either don't care or aren't that bright.......regardless glad we got Hosley

Comment

I said Hosely would be our second best/ best CB in the future in a post during the pre-season. Although to be fair to Webster, I think Hosely would have gotten burned by V. Jackson if he was on him all game. There might be 2 corner backs in the league that can stay with VJ on deep routes.
                          Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

I agree, it's not marijuana that turns teams off...it's the fact that these guys spend years dreaming about & preparing for the combine/draft and know a drug test will happen, yet still show up with drugs in their system shows that they either don't care or aren't that bright.......regardless glad we got Hosley

Maybe he is not quite smart enough to know that you have to stop pot about 30 days before the test or get the magic drink.....
                            "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                              Maybe he is not quite smart enough to know that you have to stop pot about 30 days before the test or get the magic drink.....
                              exactly marijuana stays in your system longer than any other drug you could test positive for

Comment

Working...
                              X