Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No More Steve Spagnolo chatter after the Rams/Saints defences!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No More Steve Spagnolo chatter after the Rams/Saints defences!

    Thank goodness since Perry Fewell deserves some RESPECT!
    Perry has a ring too!

    Goooo G-Men!!!!

  • #2
    Originally posted by GIANTS740ilbmw View Post
    Thank goodness since Perry Fewell deserves some RESPECT!
    Perry has a ring too!

    Goooo G-Men!!!!
    Still want to see him generate some pressure... though the way Tuck and Osi are playing it's starting to shift my disappointment towards them.

    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by GIANTS740ilbmw View Post
      Thank goodness since Perry Fewell deserves some RESPECT!
      Perry has a ring too!

      Goooo G-Men!!!!
      The only reason Fewell has any pass is because of the SB last year.

      Otherwise he'd be a down right BAD DC.
      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

      Comment


      • #4
        Id still take Spags back with open arms here. He got the best out of the great talents we have in our defense. Perry really hasnt. We gave up 400 points last season, and looks like we are on track for that again this year.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
          The only reason Fewell has any pass is because of the SB last year.

          Otherwise he'd be a down right BAD DC.
          championships will do that to a coach...

          I was never on the Spagnulo band wagon. I would admit he had a great two seasons as DC but I never saw as the "be all end all" many Giants fans seem to veiw him as. From where I see it he was an LB coach in Philthy and then a DC for the NYGs for 2 years. Not a huge resume and certainly not enough to have the praises reign down on him like they did. His tenure as a HC wasn't great but that happens. Lets see what he does in NO with the D there.
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
            Still want to see him generate some pressure... though the way Tuck and Osi are playing it's starting to shift my disappointment towards them.
            I hate to admit it, but our defensive tackle play hasn't been that good either. Canty is out, and I think it is more physical and faster than the guys we have starting now. Osi, Tuck and JPP are constantly getting double team. I rarely saw our tackle win there one on one battle in both our games. I curious to see what happens Thursday against the panther. They have an excellent run game. I am pretty sure they will most like have success running the ball up the gut instead running up the edges.
            Reese, gone. Check! Bench McAdoo Doo, gone. Check! Let's Giants 2018.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
              Id still take Spags back with open arms here. He got the best out of the great talents we have in our defense. Perry really hasnt. We gave up 400 points last season, and looks like we are on track for that again this year.
              +1
              http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
              http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
              http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

              Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by nycisgreat View Post
                I hate to admit it, but our defensive tackle play hasn't been that good either. Canty is out, and I think it is more physical and faster than the guys we have starting now. Osi, Tuck and JPP are constantly getting double team. I rarely saw our tackle win there one on one battle in both our games. I curious to see what happens Thursday against the panther. They have an excellent run game. I am pretty sure they will most like have success running the ball up the gut instead running up the edges.
                If Austin can step up and Canty comes back I think it will make a huge difference.
                "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

                Comment


                • #9
                  The DTs are getting gassed quick. Joseph and Bernard are the only ones really playing. Kuhn had some snaps, Tuck had some, JPP had some.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                    championships will do that to a coach...

                    I was never on the Spagnulo band wagon. I would admit he had a great two seasons as DC but I never saw as the "be all end all" many Giants fans seem to veiw him as. From where I see it he was an LB coach in Philthy and then a DC for the NYGs for 2 years. Not a huge resume and certainly not enough to have the praises reign down on him like they did. His tenure as a HC wasn't great but that happens. Lets see what he does in NO with the D there.
                    I liked the fact that he learned under Jimmy Johnson and kept that creative blitz happy scheme.

                    Sheridan, Lewis and Fewell either don't blitz or don't know how to. When Fewell brought the heat late last year our defense actually started performing. It seems to pick up our front 4 for sure.
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                      The only reason Fewell has any pass is because of the SB last year.

                      Otherwise he'd be a down right BAD DC.
                      That is brilliant!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                        I liked the fact that he learned under Jimmy Johnson and kept that creative blitz happy scheme.

                        Sheridan, Lewis and Fewell either don't blitz or don't know how to. When Fewell brought the heat late last year our defense actually started performing. It seems to pick up our front 4 for sure.
                        yeah...the real problem with the pass rush is the front four arent generating the pressure needed to make timely blitzes either effective or not necessary.
                        When the front four can get pressure then obvious blitzing situations become less obvious....
                        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          Id still take Spags back with open arms here. He got the best out of the great talents we have in our defense. Perry really hasnt. We gave up 400 points last season, and looks like we are on track for that again this year.
                          Also, let's not forget that Spags defense is complicated and it takes time to learn it. If we all remember, we had problems on D the first few games and then everything smoothed out. Give him time with the Saints defense and he will get them into shape. Let's not forget that the Saints are missing quite a few key players since last year so I do not think he has the talent that he had with the Giants. His stint with the Rams does not count because his role was different. The fact remains that Spags is way much better DC than Fewell will ever be. Fewell so far has not shown he is anything special.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            None of us really know what the heck is going on in NO right now. But I will always welcome Spags back with open arms.
                            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                            Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                              The only reason Fewell has any pass is because of the SB last year.

                              Otherwise he'd be a down right BAD DC.
                              lol . . . that's a pretty big reason though, no?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X