Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Sabol passes away

I know this is not directly Giants related

but Steve contributed so much to the way we view the league to the point were a ton of us would not be fans of the game if it were not for Steve and the access he gave us to the game.

his innovative vision and tireless effort to bring the game into everyones home as if they were on the field has forever changed the game

Steve will be sorely missed

thank you for everything you have done and rest easy Mr. Sabol

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

Thank You SS!!!
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Didn't he do "this week in football"?
      "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Hall of Famer I believe for his media/film work for the NFL right?
        RIP.....
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Great great stuff he produced for years and years. big shoes to fill. he will be missed.

didnt even realize he was battling brain cancer for last 18 months
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

back in the day when there weren't many games on TV I used to live for those NFL FIlms highlight reels with the dramatic music

he was a true pioneer

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
              back in the day when there weren't many games on TV I used to live for those NFL FIlms highlight reels with the dramatic music

he was a true pioneer
              Father and Son breakfast at my local church would play the NFL flims. Have great memories of that...
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

RIP

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

RIP Sabol... it won't be the same without you. You can tell Rich Eisen was heavily disturbed by it when reporting it too...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Sad news, RIP Steve Sabol. Every fan of the NFL owes you and your father a great thank you for NFL Films.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                      I know this is not directly Giants related

thank you for everything you have done and rest easy Mr. Sabol

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack
                      Dont worry Tittle...no moderator in his/her right mind would DARE move this thread...Its called respect.
                      And no man deserves it more the Steve Sabol.
                      sigpic
                      BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thomsoad View Post
                        Dont worry Tittle...no moderator in his/her right mind would DARE move this thread...Its called respect.
                        And no man deserves it more the Steve Sabol.
                        YA is a mod....I think it stays
                        "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                          You can tell Rich Eisen was heavily disturbed by it when reporting it too...
                          I just watched that on NFL. com
                          You are totally right...you can tell Eisen was really trying not to break down reporting it. I do know those two were friends during ESPN and even more so when NFLN started.
                          sigpic
                          BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Awww that's a bummer. Loved his films and what he did for chronicling the NFL.
                            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I started a thread about Sabol in the General Sports Section. But I'll just reiterate what I said there.

Very sad to hear. As a little kid in the 70's my brother and I couldn't wait for NFL Films to come on. Those shows were awesome. You didn't have the Red Zone, Sunday Ticket, NFL Network, NFL.com or any of these other channels then so you really relied on the NFL Films and some other shows for info about games from the past week. The way he choreographed those shows, he made the shows look more exciting than the games!

God bless him and his family and may the Lord comfort his family in the wake of there loss and touch there lives for generations.

My favorite video and song from Sabol was "The Autumn Wind"
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xjxolBQSR8

Comment

Working...
                              X