Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone worried about our pass rush? I'm shocked at how poorly we're performing...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone worried about our pass rush? I'm shocked at how poorly we're performing...

We are getting zero pressure for the second straight week.

Every season we always take a guess on how many sacks we will amount and each year it's a ridiculous high number because of the talent on the line... where is Tuck? Osi? Tracy?

I'm a little worried.... if we cannot generate a pass rush our back end will need to perform much much better.

Teams are scoring at will against us.

Tryon is STILL on the field....
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

The pass rush will come. This happens every once in a while; the rush disappears for a game or two. I think it part of game-planning. They turn it on when the want to.

I like the fact that the O-line did open up some holes for Brown. Yes, he found the holes but at least they were there.

Comment

Between the unlimited offensive holding and QB's just getting better (overall leaguewide), it is going to suffer.

Comment

I see at least one player apply pressure on the QB a good amount of times but there's rarely anyone else there to take advantage of it and then cause the sack.

Quite frankly, I could care less about sacks as long as the pressure is good enough to cause constant incompletions or a few more interceptions.

Comment

During the DAL game the lack of rush was b/c of game planning (i.e. romo got rid of the ball very quickly) and Romo getting outside the pocket when the DL lost their rush lanes (which happended alot). The problem was that the coverage was so bad that what would normally be a 5 yard quick slant turned into 10-15 gains everytime.

TB was more of a concern for me. Freeman is a statue, so the DL had more freedom in how they rushed, and Freeman held the ball for quite a bit, especially at the end of the game, and there still wasn't much of a rush, even when we blitzed.

The Tryon helmet catch only happens because Freeman had an eternity in the pocket. Osi and Tuck were not winning their 1 on 1 battles.
          All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
            I see at least one player apply pressure on the QB a good amount of times but there's rarely anyone else there to take advantage of it and then cause the sack.

Quite frankly, I could care less about sacks as long as the pressure is good enough to cause constant incompletions or a few more interceptions.
            As long as they get their hands up, Interrupt the passing lanes, QB contain, and push the line hurrying up the QB. then sacks are nice, but not necessary.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
            @Katdaddyjay 17h
            @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
            http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

Well Tracy hasent played. But I think its time for Tracy and Ojomo to get some snaps. Osi and Tuck dont have a QB hit between them

Comment

Where's Spags when you need him!

Comment

We are not rushing more that 4 and the league has reverted to 1970's holding rules

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                    We are not rushing more that 4 and the league has reverted to 1970's holding rules
                    Silly Excuses...other teams do it and succeed.

Comment

Welp, OSI is getting older, and a guy who never really had a ton of power, which is something that lasts alot longer thenn agility, Speed, and finesse.. So, he could easiliy be losing a step and Tuck isn't a spring chicken.. I'm sure the pressure will pick up, but for 2 of our DE's, they have been around awhile, adn there best days are behind them.. Thats exactly why i think we'll draft another DE if theres a good one available in the 1st couple rds of next yrs draft..

Comment

I wonder if they miss Canty pushing up the middle forcing the QB into the arms of one of the DE's

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                          Well Tracy hasent played. But I think its time for Tracy and Ojomo to get some snaps. Osi and Tuck dont have a QB hit between them
                          Tracy actually did play...That said, I think it may have something to do with CBs giving too much space to the receivers off the line, A la what Corey Webster was saying. They tighten that up and give the big men some time and I think they will come!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
                            Tracy actually did play...
                            I watched the game a couple times, never saw him on the field.

Comment

It needs to get better. I think maybe they should mix it up more. Run more stunts, maybe line OSI and JPP on the same side. etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X