Reuben Randle starting?? Week 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reuben Randle starting?? Week 3

....with hixon down does that mean Randle will get the start or are they going to put friggen jerrnigan out their, he is terrible please put randle out their and lets see what this kid is made of plus he is on my bench in a 14 man league in fantasy and could probably be huge this week in the slot or put him at 2 and put cruz in the slot this kid has good speed he showed it on the punt return and had a couple good grabs in the preseason with carr not even eli, lets see what this kid can do does anybody know or has read that he will be playing thursday havent seen him line up as a wide out once just the one punt return which is good leave him back their...

it is not a matter of seeing what the kid is made of

it is a matter of how much of the offense the coaches feel he is prepared to execute

Comment

My frickin' eyes.

Be nice to see what Randle could do, but I would throw Jernigan out there in the beginning to see what he can do. If it doesn't work out then let Randle get some snaps in.

Comment

The sportswriters (sry no link) seem to think it will be Barden carrying the lion's share of Hixon's previous duties. I'm sure others will see increased workload as well.

Comment

barden's been around longest, knows the playbook best. i say its barden

Comment

Well lets see - after hixon left the game the giants almost exclusively went to Barden. Randle had six snaps. So most likely Barden see's the majority of snaps and randle works in as well. Jernigan being inactive for 2 games in a row has to give you a pretty good idea it wont be him, but with hixon most likely out he should be active.l

Comment

Barden took over when Hixon went down, and didn't do a bad job. Jernigan hasn't suited up yet this season. I read somewhere that Randel was out there for a play or two, when Nicks went down.

Comment

How about a period man? Jeez . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by dave56dj View Post
                  Well lets see - after hixon left the game the giants almost exclusively went to Barden. Randle had six snaps. So most likely Barden see's the majority of snaps and randle works in as well. Jernigan being inactive for 2 games in a row has to give you a pretty good idea it wont be him, but with hixon most likely out he should be active.l
                  How many catches did Barden have?
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

sadly it will be Barden taking the #3 spot to begin the game

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      How many catches did Barden have?
                      Same as me but my wife told me I took it to the house...while Barden only had 24 yards. Go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by bbdynasty View Post
                        barden's been around longest, knows the playbook best. i say its barden
                        I agree. And with the games that nicks and Cruz had last week they will draw all the attention in defensive game planning by panthers DC. So that means Barden will be single covered and could have a huge day.... I'd say 8/10 catches for 150 and ready for it...... 2 tds...
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

It's Barden time. He was the one that came in last week when Hixon went down. He had one catch and Eli made a bad throw to him early in the game where he was unable to make the catch. I'm not sure if he did anything wrong because Nicks and Cruz where doing so well I didn't notice anything else. The Giants are loyal to their players. I think he is the 3rd WR and if he does do something wrong then maybe they start working Randle in. I wouldn't be surprised if they got a few snaps for Randle tough.
                          Last edited by Buddy333; 09-19-2012, 08:03 AM.

Comment

I think it's time to give him a shot at more playing time. I'm tired of all the talk about Jernigan and Barden...it was the same talk about Moss...they are not going to be consistant contributors to the team. I've liked what I've seen out of Randle...he has good hands and nice speed to stretch the field. I'd definitely like to see more of him as a #2 and slide Cruz to the slot and let him do his thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                              My frickin' eyes.

Be nice to see what Randle could do, but I would throw Jernigan out there in the beginning to see what he can do. If it doesn't work out then let Randle get some snaps in.
                              Geez, O forgot that Jernigan was even on the team. Has he even gotten into either of the 2 games played? Even Randle and Wilson are returning punts and kicks over him. He must not be showing any improvement at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X