Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best point I've heard about the kneel down play.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best point I've heard about the kneel down play.

    While Schiano is trying to spin it that his team plays 60 minutes and it wasn't an unnecessary cheap shot, why is it that he did not use his final timeout to try it again, especially considering it looked like maybe it almost worked? I think that fact alone proves his full of it and made the call based on emotion and not on strategy.

  • #2
    Also, now that I'm thinking about it....is there a rule that says the center must hike the ball to another player? I know the ball must move, but what if the center picked the ball up into his gut and surrendered himself to the ground? That could also be a solution to this problem. Though I guess it does put the ball in the middle of the D, you are surrendering yourself all Victor Cruz vs the Cardinals.

    Comment


    • #3
      good point i didnt even think about that.
      sigpic
      FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

      2015 season tbd

      Comment


      • #4
        Shhhhh

        We're not allowed to talk about this anymore.
        My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

        Burier: Yes.

        My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

        Burier: Yes. I promise.

        Comment


        • #5
          My bad, dog. I thought it was still yesterday. :P

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by burier View Post
            Shhhhh

            We're not allowed to talk about this anymore.
            I kinda feel that 67 pages was enough, just my $0.02

            Comment


            • #7
              Also, does anyone else always think of Eli in the courtroom on SNL doing the smiley face/tounge out, wink while describing his texts anytime they use the one I just used?

              Comment


              • #8
                LOL, if there was really a 67 page thread, my bad. I've been in Maine since last night.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ImElectric2 View Post
                  Also, now that I'm thinking about it....is there a rule that says the center must hike the ball to another player? I know the ball must move, but what if the center picked the ball up into his gut and surrendered himself to the ground?
                  Thats a great question, does anyone know the answer???? Im too lazy to google and find this out myself Lol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ImElectric2 View Post
                    While Schiano is trying to spin it that his team plays 60 minutes and it wasn't an unnecessary cheap shot, why is it that he did not use his final timeout to try it again, especially considering it looked like maybe it almost worked? I think that fact alone proves his full of it and made the call based on emotion and not on strategy.
                    I don't think so. Schiano was trying to use the element of surprise to catch the Giants . The Giants would have been prepared for it after a time out, as will every team that plays them for now on.
                    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
                      I kinda feel that 67 pages was enough, just my $0.02
                      you're welcome to your opinion but the fact that the thread was locked while it was still active and the fact that this thread now exists kinda speaks to 67 pages not being enough.
                      Last edited by RoanokeFan; 09-19-2012, 12:04 PM.
                      My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

                      Burier: Yes.

                      My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

                      Burier: Yes. I promise.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ImElectric2 View Post
                        Also, now that I'm thinking about it....is there a rule that says the center must hike the ball to another player? I know the ball must move, but what if the center picked the ball up into his gut and surrendered himself to the ground? That could also be a solution to this problem. Though I guess it does put the ball in the middle of the D, you are surrendering yourself all Victor Cruz vs the Cardinals.

                        The center must hike the ball.
                        Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                          I don't think so. Schiano was trying to use the element of surprise to catch the Giants . The Giants would have been prepared for it after a time out, as will every team that plays them for now on.
                          That's actually a great counter point that I didn't take into account. I guess that leaves us back to square one! I still side with Coughlin....and not just bc I'm a Giants fan.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                            The center must hike the ball.
                            I figured that was the case. Sorta makes you question the great Rick Moranas in the classic Little Giants though. His play design is sort of what led me to this idea...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Section 6 Putting the Ball in Play
                              Article 1: Ball in Play.

                              The offensive team must put the ball in play with a snap at the spot where the

                              previous down ended, unless the enforcement of a penalty moves the ball to another spot or the down
                              ended outside the inbounds lines. If a fair-catch kick is chosen after a fair catch, 10-2-4 and 11-4-3 apply.



                              Article 4: Legal Snap

                              A snap is a backward pass. The snap must be received by a player who is not on his
                              line at the snap, unless the ball first strikes the ground. If the ball first strikes the ground, or is muffed by an
                              eligible backfield receiver, it can be recovered and advanced by any player.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X