Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Corey Webster was right after all.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Corey Webster was right after all.

Read an article yesterday (maybe Monday) here about how he feels the secondary would be much better if they were able to jam receivers at the line.
    Just read the ESPN article about how Seattle dominated Dez by doing just that.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast
    sigpic
    BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only Perry would change.
    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

lol Corey Webster should be playing as far off the reciever as possible. He's toast waiting to happen.
      My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by burier View Post
        lol Corey Webster should be playing as far off the reciever as possible. He's toast waiting to happen.
        Actually, he plays a lot better jamming the WR on the LOS. So did T2 and Im sure Prince would be better off as well. We have physical CBs. We can have a safety over the top. I remember last year when we started pressing more often, we started winning more often and playing beter D overall.

Comment

Perry is a very conservative guy..........can we get Spags back next year???

Comment

Don't agree with that at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
              Perry is a very conservative guy..........can we get Spags back next year???
              With the way the Saints Defense has played the past two weeks, you may get your wish.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Originally posted by ny06 View Post
                With the way the Saints Defense has played the past two weeks, you may get your wish.
                Because that is fairly judging him...

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  Actually, he plays a lot better jamming the WR on the LOS. So did T2 and Im sure Prince would be better off as well. We have physical CBs. We can have a safety over the top. I remember last year when we started pressing more often, we started winning more often and playing beter D overall.
                  Agreed....he's always been a very good press CB
                  "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

C-Web is right; he, Ross, T2, Prince, & Coe are all bump cover corners and that is their strength. I also believe that you shouldn't not rely solely on your strengths for the entire season because this will allow opponents to exploit your weakness.

Comment

Not only that, but Webster needs saftey help as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                        Yeah he's supposed to be great at press coverage. (If he tries to press Steve Smith he'll be eaten alive) How long long has Fewell been the DC? Is this his third season? At some point we have to stop blaming the scheme when that same scheme just won a Super Bowl.

So I know he's supposed to be better at press but...I don't know..If he's playing off and guys are running right by him I don't feel all that comfortable moving him up to press anybody.
                        My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Comment

I would agree with that a hundred %. The plays so far off of him man, and still can't keep up those guys when they are blow passed him.
                          Lets go, Giants!

Comment

When the QB takes a three step drop quick release to try and neutralize our pass rush, bumping the WR at the line disrupts a quick throw. The WR isn't where he should be.
                            Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

but no one is blaming Corey for not breaking up balls on these three step drops. Its the fact that he's letting guys get behind him.

Comment

Working...
                              X