Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Giants use Jernigan in the slot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the Giants use Jernigan in the slot?

What I mean is, do the Giants want to go with Barden and Randle on the outside while Cruz is likely doubled in the slot? Or should the Giants leave Cruz out wide (Like he is in 2 receiver sets), use Jernigan in the slot (where he's better suited) and use either Barden or Randle as the #2...

What your thoughts on this?
    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

It is much more difficult to double a player in the slot. Can bracket a guy underneath, but need a safety over the top still.

Comment

we'll prob see a bunch a diff personnel looks

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        It is much more difficult to double a player in the slot. Can bracket a guy underneath, but need a safety over the top still.
        Yeah I should have said bracket...like the 9ers did in the playoffs. The thing that I'm worried about is having two guys out wide who have very little NFL experience (Barden and Randle)

Wouldn't it be wise to leave Cruz out wide and use Jernigan in the slot?

Comment

I think they should line up and cross over each other often with cruz being in either spot
          (like nicks and cruz did in dallas game I believe). That way they don't know who will end up in the slot.
          Cruz could end up one on one at least occasionally, and that is all he needs.

Comment

I think they will sprinkle in some JJ in the slot..I was thinking the same thing. They are prob gonna use all 4 receivers this week with different looks

Barden Cruz Randle

Randle Cruz Barden

Randle Jernigan Cruz

Comment

I think both Randle and Barden are more comfortable in the offense than Jernigan is.

Jernigan still, IMO, has awhile before he is comfortable.

Comment

We haven't seen much of Jernigan in the slot with Eli though. Last year in preseason Jernigan played with the two's and three's. This year he played a couple of snaps out wide with Eli.

Might be a different story when he's in the slot with first team. He should be comfortable in that role being he played through his career at Troy...shouldn't hurt that he's in the same receiver meetings with Cruz and watches the guy every day.

I think if he's going to breakout anywhere for this team it's going to be in that role. Maybe now's the time to find out what they have in him. IDK...Just some thoughts that's going through my head right now...Otherwise how do the Giants figure he's going to help this team is what I'm wondering...

Comment

Could see Barden in the slot, they've put him there before

Comment

JJ had a couple nice catches in the preseason coming out of the slot, I think it will be something that they may try. I hope he gets a couple of opportunities.

Comment

the snaps are really up for grabs 2nite, even JJ could get out there make and play and then we might roll with him, nobody is the incumbent #3 .... Barden will get the 1st shot, but I think all will play
                      Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                        What I mean is, do the Giants want to go with Barden and Randle on the outside while Cruz is likely doubled in the slot? Or should the Giants leave Cruz out wide (Like he is in 2 receiver sets), use Jernigan in the slot (where he's better suited) and use either Barden or Randle as the #2...

Doesn't Cruz tend to make all his big plays out of the slot? If so leave him there & go with Barden, Jernigan & Randle to open up the seams for Cruz. Jernigan & Randle can pull the extra safety & Barden can beat anyone on the slant with his size. Main thing is no drops or tips see the ball catch the ball no mistakes.

Comment

Cruz is the best slot receiver in the NFL right now, I think he should stay where he is. I think Randle should be out there but my guess it will be Barden,

Comment

The Panthers (presumably) will roll coverage towards Cruz no matter where he plays, so he might as well play to this strength which is his YAC (thus slot). However he's made big plays from both the slot and the wide positions.

On the flip side, it's (usually) much easier for younger receivers to play the wide. Less route options and you can utilize their fresh legs. The downside here is that Barden is slow and JJ can't catch.

I'd like to see RR on the outside and I think Bennett and Hynoski will see a lot of balls come their way.
                            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                              The Panthers (presumably) will roll coverage towards Cruz no matter where he plays, so he might as well play to this strength which is his YAC (thus slot). However he's made big plays from both the slot and the wide positions.

On the flip side, it's (usually) much easier for younger receivers to play the wide. Less route options and you can utilize their fresh legs. The downside here is that Barden is slow and JJ can't catch.

I'd like to see RR on the outside and I think Bennett and Hynoski will see a lot of balls come their way.
                              I have seen him muff 3 punts...I have NEVER seen him drop a pass ...I am wondering what you are basing this bashing on?Guess some people just have to make stuff up to make their point
                              "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Working...
                              X