Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Nicks out, Barden's time is now

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...ns-time-is-now

Excerpt: "The Giants downgraded Hakeem Nicks to out in somewhat of a surprising move after he was listed as questionable earlier in the day.

But when Nicks didn't do much in the morning walk-through, the team opted to play it safe, keep him out of the game and give him two weeks of rest before next week's game against Philadelphia on Sept. 30.

This is the right move for the long term. Nicks still feels pain in his surgically-repaired right foot. He limped badly twice late during Sunday's win vs. Tampa Bay and the Giants won't risk their star receiver by having him play twice in five days. It doesn't sound as if he has had a major setback but we'll have to see how he is feeling next week. " Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Yep it's now or never. Never a better time to shine with two starters out
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

I think he will step it up. I have faith in the most hyped Giants player since Jonas Seawright.

LETS GO RAMSES! Time to put that big body to work.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

I hope he can do something, both for his own sake and the teams', but I'm not holding my breath. This IS Ramses Barden we're talking about, after all...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

if this kid steps in at #2 and lays an egg I don't want to hear another word about his potential ever again

47 snaps last week and got open twice ...and that was while Nicks and Cruz were taking coverage with them

it's now or never Ramses

show us what you got

Comment

Here's your chance; take a lesson from Andre Brown. We're all rooting for you!

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
              if this kid steps in at #2 and lays an egg I don't want to hear another word about his potential ever again

47 snaps last week and got open twice ...and that was while Nicks and Cruz were taking coverage with them

it's now or never Ramses

show us what you got
              I said, in an other thread, that if he doesn't make his statement tomorrow, he should be inactive for the rest of the season and get out of the way of the way of more promising, younger players
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Agreed,the Panthers secondary is there for the taking and big plays can be made vs them.If he doesn't at least have a productive game,I would consider not playing him again this year.His chance is here.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  I said, in an other thread, that if he doesn't make his statement tomorrow, he should be inactive for the rest of the season and get out of the way of the way of more promising, younger players
                  Roa it's like the nightmare we have been discussing all day is now reality

let's see what hes made of

Comment

Roa it's like the nightmare we have been discussing all day is now reality

let's see what hes made of
                    I'm hoping he answers the call, but I can't say I'm expecting it. And his role in the game will be absolutely critical.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      I'm hoping he answers the call, but I can't say I'm expecting it.
                      blow my mind Ramses....blow my mind

Comment

if this kid steps in at #2 and lays an egg I don't want to hear another word about his potential ever again 47 snaps last week and got open twice ...and that was while Nicks and Cruz were taking coverage with them it's now or never Ramses show us what you got
                        He really had 47 snaps on offense? Wow. Didn't know that. Also, it doesn't mean HR didn't get open. Eli had Nicks Nd Cruz to throw to. Is throw to them over Ramses too. Eli will set him up success. Let's hope he gets it done. Next man up.
                        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          it doesn't mean HR didn't get open.
                          watch the coaches film then get back to me on this one

Comment

watch the coaches film then get back to me on this one
                            I love the hate you have for Barden... Sorry, but I think I nailed this one.
                            WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

He looked pretty open to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X