Osi and Tuck - Time to wreak some havoc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osi and Tuck - Time to wreak some havoc

Time to abuse the QB. With a crippled Offense you need to step up.

I'm over Tuck and Osi. We should have parted ways with both of them or at least parted ways with Justin Tuck. I expect JPP to have a earth shattering night.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

They cannot over pursue tonight. The D scheme will have to be all about discipline and well timed blitzes from the edges.
      And when they do blitz they will have to contain the cutback side and the middle...
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
        They cannot over pursue tonight. The D scheme will have to be all about discipline and well timed blitzes from the edges.
        And when they do blitz they will have to contain the cutback side and the middle...
        Hopefully they learned their lesson from the cowboy game.....
        "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

I think this is the one fair game to judge Osi. The panthers will not double team him in pass protection, that is, if he rushes on the right side against their pro bowl LT. So no excuses, he has to get it done. He did have a strip sack in 2010 against gross so we'll see. jpp also abused him 1-on-1 in the preseason last year too

Tuck, I have no idea. Im beginning to worry hes more banged up then hes letting on

Comment

Originally posted by Neverend View Post
            I think this is the one fair game to judge Osi. The panthers will not double team him in pass protection, that is, if he rushes on the right side against their pro bowl LT. So no excuses, he has to get it done. He did have a strip sack in 2010 against gross so we'll see. jpp also abused him 1-on-1 in the preseason last year too

Tuck, I have no idea. Im beginning to worry hes more banged up then hes letting on
            I'm sure Tucks groin is killing him.
            My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
              this is what they seem to put on film season after season......over pursuit

to the point where QBs know it will happen and just wait on the pressure then simply step in front of it or take off for a 15 yd gain because the LBs are stuck in coverage due to the lack of production from the DBs

Comment

Yeah after 2 games with no sacks they should trade Tuck and Osi. What are they thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                  this is what they seem to put on film season after season......over pursuit

to the point where QBs know it will happen and just wait on the pressure then simply step in front of it or take off for a 15 yd gain because the LBs are stuck in coverage due to the lack of production from the DBs
                  yep.......thats why in all the "defense/sacks" threads that have started I am stating over and over tonight D scheme is all about discipline. Not sacks per se.
                  "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by burier View Post
                    I'm over Tuck and Osi. We should have parted ways with both of them or at least parted ways with Justin Tuck. I expect JPP to have a earth shattering night.
                    Parted ways? You are not shy to express your dissatisfaction for Tuck. Were you happy with him in the playoffs and super bowl last year? How about Osi having 9 sacks in 9 games last season? You are aware teamís game plan against these two right? Not excusing their play so far in these two games, but to say we should have parted ways with them is ridiculous.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                      Yeah after 2 games with no sacks they should trade Tuck and Osi. What are they thinking?
                      They shouldn't trade them now...They're both basically worthless at this point. Could have gotten a decent pick for them in the off season though.

And its not 2 games...Tuck has been overrated from the word go and has lost enough steps to be catagorized at 100% pure garbage at this point. I'm sure he'll play better in the playoffs which is even more maddening.

Osi started talking about retiring 3 years ago and we're hurting JPP by moving him all over the line so that hasbeens can pretend to rush the passer.

That is all.

Comment

So over rated they helped the team win 2 Super Bowls.

Comment

2 superbowls??? I'm talking about right now...I'm not talking about what happened 5 years ago. I'm not even talking about what happened last season...even though Tuck would tell you himself that he was complete embarasssment. Overstated injuries, cherry picked which games he'd be actived for and needed a pep talk like he was on the JV girls swim team.

And that's our leader...and we all wonder why the D can't stop a nosebleed.

Comment

Cherry picked games? Right. You knew the status of his health. What was I thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                              Cherry picked games? Right. You knew the status of his health. What was I thinking?
                              HE SAID IT HIMSELF!!!

Just because you love him because he was able to run by a gaurd and get a sack in the Superbowl shouldn't blind you to his complete lack of production...His been on a downturn for a while now.

Comment

Working...
                              X