Fewell not so bad as everyone thinks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fewell not so bad as everyone thinks

You all have to factor in the offenses turnovers , sp teams play and the defenses sacks and turnovers. Also you have to consider we were working with tight cap space thus not having the luxury of going after some stud LB's .

We just beat Dallas and that was a big win, and they made the stops they needed to win the game.

Re: Fewell not so bad as everyone thinks

Wow. They gave up 34 points, it would've been more and we would've lost the game had Romo not overthrown Austin on that last play. This was a game filled with defensive breakdowns and, again, very little pressure on Romo. Don't try to make it sound like the defense played well on Sunday.

Comment

If fewell not as bad as everyone thinks, then this D just flatout sucks....we can be passed on,ran on,guys look lost & confused....so Idk if its possible our once strong point just all a sudden turned Into a buncha bums...

Comment

I know there are a ton of injuries this year, but isn't a defence supposed to play better during the second year with the same DC?

Comment

Okay but if the player are not able to execute your scheme, you have to develop a new one, not continue doing the same thing over and over hoping that the players will eventually get it.

This is IMO the most important thing about Fewell, he lacks the ability to adjust.

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"]You all have to factor in the offenses turnovers , sp teams play and the defenses sacks and turnovers. Also you have to consider we were working with tight cap space thus not having the luxury of going after some stud LB's .

We just beat Dallas and that was a big win, and they made the stops they needed to win the game.

[/quote]
            +1...I've been saying this for a while now. Last year when our defense wasn't so decimated by injuries we we're top 5 all year until the last couple weeks. Everyone was in love with the guy up until that 4th quarter against the eagles.

I think once we get Goff and hopefully another LB (in draft or FA), we can go back to being a good defense. Only issue I have with him is the constant 3 man rushes, but I can live with those if we can get back to playing like last year.

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"]You all have to factor in the offenses turnovers , sp teams play and the defenses sacks and turnovers. Also you have to consider we were working with tight cap space thus not having the luxury of going after some stud LB's .

[/quote]

they got lucky Romo missed Miles
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Harooni"]You all have to factor in the offenses turnovers , sp teams play and the defenses sacks and turnovers. Also you have to consider we were working with tight cap space thus not having the luxury of going after some stud LB's .

[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on MMB your not being fair . We have some Defenders playing with injuries, we dont have the Kawika mitchells anymore.

Yes I thought we they could have played better, but they kept Romo pretty much under control.

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Harooni"]You all have to factor in the offenses turnovers , sp teams play and the defenses sacks and turnovers. Also you have to consider we were working with tight cap space thus not having the luxury of going after some stud LB's .

[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on MMB your not being fair . We have some Defenders playing with injuries, we dont have the Kawika mitchells anymore.

Yes I thought we they could have played better, but they kept Romo pretty much under control.
                  [/quote]

i nwhat world did we keep Romo under control? He threw for 320 and 4 lol....

not to mention we made Felix Jones look like adrian peterson

Comment

(BTW thanks, LESS THAN AN HOUR!!!)

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"](BTW thanks, LESS THAN AN HOUR!!!)
                      [/quote]

lol i was doing some ebay crap, so i figured id keep this window on the side and throw you a bone here and there.

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"](BTW thanks, LESS THAN AN HOUR!!!)
                        [/quote]

lol i was doing some ebay crap, so i figured id keep this window on the side and throw you a bone here and there.
                        [/quote]

i know it was harmless... but still flashes of Tiki in a speedo just haunted me for a half second after I read that

Comment

Right after Goff was lost for the season I started a thread about it possibly being a long season and some did not like hearing it. Well, what do you expect? They starts the season with Ross as their #2 CB. With out injuries they would have had TT starting there with Witherspoon looking better that Ross and to bad for the Prince injury because he has shown flashes in his limited playing time this year. Ross may not have made the cut if those injuries don't happen. Well they did, and even when a guy like Coe was playing well he was lost for the season. As far as LB, Boley is very good, Kiwi is a DE, and Goff was lost for the year. Even Sintim was lost for the year and say what you want, Carl Banks was saying he looked good in practice. So now they where left with using rookies that where all drafted late or picked as FA's. Doesn't mean they won't make it, but they are projects.

Then we all thought the DL was going to be good enough to help put pressure on the QB's and make the defense look better. Well Tuck has been hurt since the Jets pre season game, Austin was lost in pre season, and Osi has been in and out all year.

What do you people expect him to do with what he has? Their only hope is to maybe make the playoffs somehow Tuck getting healthier for the post season. Then hopefully Prince picks up some valuable time the next 3 games. Maybe they switch Kiwi back to DE and go with Boley, Blackburn, and Williams at LB.

The break downs for big gains against the secondary came the last game and a half since KP was injured. Hopefully that ends this week.

Comment

Harooni, I thought you were better than this.

1) If Manningham catches that TD, I would bet that it would give Romo enough time to either score a TD to end it or at least kick the field goal.

2) If they make that field goal at the end of the game (blocking which had nothing to do with Fewell) and they win the toss... do you have ANY confidence that this D would make a stop in OT?

Show class, be a Giants fan.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Harooni"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Harooni"]You all have to factor in the offenses turnovers , sp teams play and the defenses sacks and turnovers. Also you have to consider we were working with tight cap space thus not having the luxury of going after some stud LB's .

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i nwhat world did we keep Romo under control? He threw for 320 and 4 lol....

not to mention we made Felix Jones look like adrian peterson
                              [/quote]

Romo is a lot better than the fans here like to think. He isnt rex grossman, he can zap you if he is out of the pocket and throws well on the run.

granted our secondary looks a bit soft at times. i think its lack of LB playing the pass.

Comment

Working...
                              X