The decline of Legends

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The decline of Legends

Brady and Peyton really have not been playing well. I've seen Brady declining starting in the middle of last year. Sure he was still one of the best, but he had a noticeable difference in performance and demeanor going into the playoffs. Watching both of them beginning this year, I don't think they will be able to play at an elite level (Peyton may be done) again after this year. When they retire (which I think will happen at the end of next season), it will mark an end of a generation. It kind of makes me sad knowing that this will likely be Eli in 5 years. Fortunately for those respective teams, the Broncos and Patriots have guys they are developing (Mallett and Brock O.). How many years do you think it will be until the Giants draft and begin to groom a successor for Eli?
    Last edited by Giants5699; 09-20-2012, 05:01 PM.

Originally posted by Giants5699 View Post
    Brady and Peyton really have not been playing well. I've seen Brady declining starting in the middle of last year. Sure he was still one of the best, but he had a noticeable difference in performance and demeanor going into the playoffs. Watching both of them beginning this year, I don't think they will be able to play at an elite level (Peyton may be done) again after this year. When they retire (which I think will happen at the end of next season), it will mark an end of a generation. It kind of makes me sad knowing that this will likely be Eli in 5 years. Fortunately for those respective teams, the Broncos and Patriots have guys they are developing (Mallett and Brock O.). How many years do you think it will draft and begin to groom a successor for Eli?
    It happens to the best of them!
    ALL IN!

sigpic

Comment

Brady and Peyton really have not been playing well. I've seen Brady declining starting in the middle of last year. Sure he was still one of the best, but he had a noticeable difference in performance and demeanor going into the playoffs. Watching both of them beginning this year, I don't think they will be able to play at an elite level (Peyton may be done) again after this year. When they retire (which I think will happen at the end of next season), it will mark an end of a generation. It kind of makes me sad knowing that this will likely be Eli in 5 years. Fortunately for those respective teams, the Broncos and Patriots have guys they are developing (Mallett and Brock O.). How many years do you think it will be until the Giants draft and begin to groom a successor for Eli?
      Oh you saw it from the middle of last year huh?

Tom Brady in his last 8 games of 2011:

20 TD's, 2 Int's 2532 yards.

That extends for the season at:

40 TD's 4 Int's 5064 yards

How exactly are we defining "decline"? And what is it the you "noticed"?

And Peyton is coming off a neck injury when he had nerve damage that took all the strength from his right arm. It takes a long while to get it back.

In other words....Neither are in decline.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        Oh you saw it from the middle of last year huh?

Tom Brady in his last 8 games of 2011:

20 TD's, 2 Int's 2532 yards.

That extends for the season at:

40 TD's 4 Int's 5064 yards

How exactly are we defining "decline"? And what is it the you "noticed"?

And Peyton is coming off a neck injury when he had nerve damage that took all the strength from his right arm. It takes a long while to get it back.

In other words....Neither are in decline.
        Just his demeanor. His body language conveys the "I've given almost everything"

Comment

... It kind of makes me sad knowing that this will likely be Eli in 5 years. Fortunately for those respective teams, the Broncos and Patriots have guys they are developing (Mallett and Brock O.). How many years do you think it will be until the Giants draft and begin to groom a successor for Eli?
          I believe they will get a serious (1st round) replacement for Eli ONLY when his decline is obvious.

Comment

Just his demeanor. His body language conveys the "I've given almost everything"
            I live in Mass and watch almost all of his games. There's nothing wrong with his demeanor. The guys is still flat out great.

Comment

Oh yeah...and not only did he have immortal production during his supposed decline, he was also 8-0 during that horrific period.

Comment

Brady is fine. His only issues are a bad o-line and a less-than-smooth transition to a new offense.

Comment

Oh yeah...and not only did he have immortal production during his supposed decline, he was also 8-0 during that horrific period.
                  I never said horrific. He played great. It just doesn't look like his head is in the game as much anymore.

Comment

I never said horrific. He played great. It just doesn't look like his head is in the game as much anymore.
                    Based on what? This is completely ridiculous. You don't have that kind of excellence with your "head not in it".
                    You claimed that his decline started the second have of last season, when in fact the second half of last season may have been either one of the best, or THEE best 8 game stretch in NFL history.
                    I'm just trying to figure out what your criteria is. Did he slump his shoulders after one of the 2 picks he threw in those 8 games?

Comment

Brady is getting used to playing behind a bad Oline for the first time in forever. It's to be expected for him to perform like this for a few games.

Comment

Based on what? This is completely ridiculous. You don't have that kind of excellence with your "head not in it".
                        You claimed that his decline started the second have of last season, when in fact the second half of last season may have been either one of the best, or THEE best 8 game stretch in NFL history.
                        I'm just trying to figure out what your criteria is. Did he slump his shoulders after one of the 2 picks he threw in those 8 games?
                        Just his on field demeanor. To me, it looks like his heart is looking onwards by the way he talks, and the way his emotion has gone down. But you are obviously an expert on all things Brady so I'll just let you keep flexing those internet muscles.

Comment

Just his on field demeanor. To me, it looks like his heart is looking onwards by the way he talks, and the way his emotion has gone down. But you are obviously an expert on all things Brady so I'll just let you keep flexing those internet muscles.
                          lol, brady openly stated he wanted to play till he was 40

Comment

Watch his demeanour every time he scores a touchdown; watch him pump up his team on the sidelines; watch him become upset when he throws an interception.
                            He cares.

Comment

It doesn't take an "expert" to see how well Brady played during a time that you claim he started his decline.

"The way he talks?....Give me a friggin break!

Comment

Working...
                              X