Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care that Eli doesn't run the ball as much like other QBs. He's getting paid to throw the ball, first and foremost. Could also be a reason as to why he doesn't get injured that often.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Comment

Originally posted by GMenOnDeck View Post
      Thanks for the vid.

Comment

I really don't get the confusion with this. What he said was obvious, Eli isnt an Athlete but a very good QB. When someone refers to an "Athlete" especially when discussing a QB it means the ability to play multiple positions. Eli is there for his arm and his brain, not for his 40 time or vertical jump. There was no insult, there was only the stating of the obvious.

Mike Mayock is probably the single best analyst on all the football shows out there so it's a little crazy we got people going off on him about this.

Comment

Eli is far from the most athletic guy in the NFL... but neither was Montana.

Comment

thanks for the link

Comment

Originally posted by bg79 View Post
              I really don't get the confusion with this. What he said was obvious, Eli isnt an Athlete but a very good QB. When someone refers to an "Athlete" especially when discussing a QB it means the ability to play multiple positions. Eli is there for his arm and his brain, not for his 40 time or vertical jump. There was no insult, there was only the stating of the obvious.

Mike Mayock is probably the single best analyst on all the football shows out there so it's a little crazy we got people going off on him about this.

This.

Comment

ath·lete/ˈaTHlēt/
                Noun:
                A person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise.

Eli is an athlete, if that's not what he meant, he should have used a different word.

Comment

i think it comes down to how u define an athlete. is an nascar driver an athlete? how about a golfer? a bowler?

eli is an athlete, but he isnt very athletic in the sense of the scrambling qb. he looks like a great athlete to me when hes in the pocket or sliding from pressure and throwing a laser 50 yds, but thats just me. diff definitions for diff people, nothing to take too serious imo, plus mayock is awesome as an analyst

Comment

mayock is one the most knowledgeable people in the biz......
                    but his delivery is stoic and computerish and factish and boring.
                    and also has an absolutely annoying speech mechanism.

all that being said......relatively speaking , when speaking QB , eli is perhaps the least athletic QB
                    in the league , he is and always has been a stumble-bum. how many times has he tackled himself
                    just taking his dropback.
                    hey ,i love the guy , but the truth is the truth.
                    Last edited by stormblue; 09-21-2012, 10:38 PM.
                    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

Originally posted by eLi MusT gO dEEp View Post
                      The guy flat out said "Eli isn't an athlete, just a very good QB" so I guess I took that as him saying that Eli wasn't an athlete, just a very good QB. Eli may not be the fastest and the highest jumper blah blah but to say that flat out on national TV must have been a mishap on Mayock's part.
                      You need to calm down. It wasnt meant as an insult. Dont be so sensitive
                      Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

You're making a big deal over nothing. Eli isn't going to wow anyone in speed or agility drills, that's all Mayock was referring to when he says he isn't an athlete. It's got nothing to do with Eli's ability to throw the football.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                          You need to calm down. It wasnt meant as an insult. Dont be so sensitive
                          You know some of these guys on this board try to blow things out of proportion.

Comment

You guys seriously think Mayock likes Cam? You must of not watched all of the news before the 2011 draft then when he was one of his biggest detractors.

Comment

You mean the moobs weren't evidence enough? Or do we need to have Harooni display it for us?

Comment

I think Mayock was stating the obvious, you will not describe Eli as athletic with respect to other football players.

Comment

Working...
                                X