This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli isn't an "Athlete"????

NFLN PBP man Mayock or whatever his name is [Not Nesslar] said Eli isn't an athlete, he's just a very good QB. When Eli ran that ball and only got a yard. I liked Nesslar's remark that "Well he was fast enough to beat those guys out to the sideline".

It's sad how today everyone thinks a guy is only good if he's "fast" when that's not the case at all. Being fast doesn't make you a better athlete than a slower guy. Dumb statement but there's tons of them being thrown out in every sports telecast daily.

I don't know which is which but 1 of them seems like a complete idiot. As if he was reading from a teleprompter full of wrong info. As much as I hate to say it I would rather have Aikmen and Buck or even Collinsworth.

Comment

Mayock was a safety with the Giants and is not only a game analyst but a draft analyst for the NFL Network. Scary isn't it?

Comment

He's an idiot. Eli is a world class athlete. He may not be a gazelle but that doesn't define an athlete.
        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Mayock is one of the best in the business. I dont think he meant it as an insult. I think he was saying Eli is a pocket passer, which he is. Eli is not a scrambling QB, or a running QB.

Comment

He's got a hard on for Cam Newton

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
              Mayock is one of the best in the business. I dont think he meant it as an insult. I think he was saying Eli is a pocket passer, which he is. Eli is not a scrambling QB, or a running QB.
              +1.. I could have sworn this was obvious
              Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

Agreed. This didn't seem to come off as an insult to me. I think he nicely put that the Eli was better than Cam within that same comment.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                  +1 You hit the nail on the head there.

Comment

Originally posted by eLi MusT gO dEEp View Post
                    NFLN PBP man Mayock or whatever his name is [Not Nesslar] said Eli isn't an athlete, he's just a very good QB. When Eli ran that ball and only got a yard. I liked Nesslar's remark that "Well he was fast enough to beat those guys out to the sideline".

It's sad how today everyone thinks a guy is only good if he's "fast" when that's not the case at all. Being fast doesn't make you a better athlete than a slower guy. Dumb statement but there's tons of them being thrown out in every sports telecast daily.

I think his point was that Eli doesn't try to win games with his legs.
                    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by Easy E. View Post
                      He's got a hard on for Cam Newton
                      So many analysts love these running QB's. Steve Young is the only borderline running QB who ever won a championship and he certainly is not a RG3/Cam/Vick/Vince Young/McNabb/Cunningham type. Who cares if these guys are exciting to watch if they don't win championships. I just don't get the appeal.
                      Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                        He's an idiot. Eli is a world class athlete. He may not be a gazelle but that doesn't define an athlete.
                        I think they mean he isn't athletic which Snee, Diehl, O'Hara and Seubert used to say all the time.
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

The guy flat out said "Eli isn't an athlete, just a very good QB" so I guess I took that as him saying that Eli wasn't an athlete, just a very good QB. Eli may not be the fastest and the highest jumper blah blah but to say that flat out on national TV must have been a mishap on Mayock's part.

Comment

Compared to me he's a great athlete, compared to Bobby G. 3, not as much. Great athletes don't necessarily make good QBs

Comment

Look at his athletics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Fzm0Rh-ZU&hd=1

Comment

Working...
                              X