Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imperative we get the #4 Seed because...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imperative we get the #4 Seed because...

Teams like Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit...even Dallas should they make it(as a WC somehow if Detroit and Atlanta somehow lose out, lol), all play much better at home than they do on the road.

I know we've had the most success as the Road Warriors, but we'll have plenty of time to do that after we win in round 1 of the playoffs.

If we play Detroit or Atlanta, they are dome teams and could struggle a lot playing in cold Giants stadium with those winds a blowing. Its a slower track than the dome, and that favors us on defense imo.

I see no reason why we shouldn't beat Washington and the Jets, and I KNOW Dallas will lose to Philly, maybe even Tampa. So we should have the fourth seed.

Also, our offense will be one of the BEST in the NFL if our run game continues to build on the past two weeks. Said it before the season but quieted down some during the 4 game losing drought but never stopped believing that this team, this QB could do something really special...how sweet would it be if we beat NO and then GB (undefeated) to make it to the Super Bowl?? It doesnt seem nearly as improbable to say that now

Re: Imperative we get the #4 Seed because...

With you 100%... win the next 3 & let the journey begin....
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Yeah well the flip side is that Coughlin has NEVER won a home playoff game. 0-2.

And both of them were horrible disgusting season enders -- 23-0 to the Panthers in 2005 and 23-11 to the Eagles in 2008.
      8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Yeah well the flip side is that Coughlin has NEVER won a home playoff game. 0-2.

And both of them were horrible disgusting season enders -- 23-0 to the Panthers in 2005 and 23-11 to the Eagles in 2008.
        8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"]Teams like Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit...even Dallas should they make it(as a WC somehow if Detroit and Atlanta somehow lose out, lol), all play much better at home than they do on the road.

I know we've had the most success as the Road Warriors, but we'll have plenty of time to do that after we win in round 1 of the playoffs.

If we play Detroit or Atlanta, they are dome teams and could struggle a lot playing in cold Giants stadium with those winds a blowing. Its a slower track than the dome, and that favors us on defense imo.

I see no reason why we shouldn't beat Washington and the Jets, and I KNOW Dallas will lose to Philly, maybe even Tampa. So we should have the fourth seed.

Also, our offense will be one of the BEST in the NFL if our run game continues to build on the past two weeks. Said it before the season but quieted down some during the 4 game losing drought but never stopped believing that this team, this QB could do something really special...how sweet would it be if we beat NO and then GB (undefeated) to make it to the Super Bowl?? It doesnt seem nearly as improbable to say that now[/quote]

true but Atlanta seems to have gotten it together from their woes...

I would of much rather played Detroit in playoffs, but it looks like its ATL at home or bust...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

Agreed. We need the #4 seed. Make a dome team play outdoors in January.

Comment

More importantly than anything you just mentioned about securing the 4 seed...

There are very few scenarios (and nearly none that are realistic) where we make the playoffs if we don't win the East.

Chances are better than not that if we're not playing a first round home playoff game, we're not playing a game in the playoffs.

Comment

[quote user="Drez"]

There are very few scenarios (and nearly none that are realistic) where we make the playoffs if we don't win the East.

Chances are better than not that if we're not playing a first round home playoff game, we're not playing a game in the playoffs.

[/quote]

ATL locked up the first WC spot, but I'd say that last one is still wide open

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Drez"]

[/quote]

[/quote] I dont see the Giants being the favorite in that one. Still Id rather the Giants play them then the Saints

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Drez"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The issue is that we don't own a single tie breaker, due to our poor conference record.

So, if we finish 9-7 along with any other team than AZ, we'll lose the tie breaker. Chicago's hopes look dim right now, but Detroit would need to lose out for us to get a WC over them.

Comment

They seem to play better on the road not to mention they have never won a single home playoff game under Coughlin...

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Drez"]

[/quote]

[/quote] I dont see the Giants being the favorite in that one. Still Id rather the Giants play them then the Saints[/quote]

ehhh

just looked at the scenerio. We def won't have the Conference Record even if Det loses 2 games, they'd have to lose out.

Division or bust. Cowboys won't be able to get it either

Lions clinch wildcard with a win and Bears loss.

Comment

Everyone knows, third times the charm.
                          Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

If we dont win the division, we arent going to the playoffs

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Drez"]

[/quote]

[/quote] I dont see the Giants being the favorite in that one. Still Id rather the Giants play them then the Saints[/quote]

ehhh

just looked at the scenerio. We def won't have the Conference Record even if Det loses 2 games, they'd have to lose out.

Division or bust. Cowboys won't be able to get it either

Lions clinch wildcard with a win and Bears loss.
                              [/quote]

Is it crazy that I hope that however it works out (saying there's no upsets in the WC round), that I'd rather have to travel to GB in the Divisional Round, rather than NO?

Actually, come to think of it, is there evena scenario where we don't go to NO in the Divisional Round (saying they lock up the 2 seed)?

Comment

Working...
                              X