Barden the new Burress???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barden the new Burress???

Barring any gun accidents. This guy looks faster, has better route running, doesn't give up on plays and doesn't lay down after making a catch over the middle. I like what I saw. Oh yea, he's 6'6" too!!

Originally posted by 3504spd View Post
    Barring any gun accidents. This guy looks faster, has better route running, doesn't give up on plays and doesn't lay down after making a catch over the middle. I like what I saw. Oh yea, he's 6'6" too!!
    I was impressed with him getting some separation last night and making some good catches. I would like to see him get more reps, especially to help spell Nicks when he needs it. I just want to see him stay healthy and be consistent.

Comment

Burress uses his height better...

Comment

Not so fast. 1 game does not make a career. Let's let it play out for at least 3 years when he becomes a full time starter which he hasn't even won that yet.

Comment

He was meant to replace Burress but he doesn't have Burress' speed.

But he looked damn good last night
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by jakegibbs View Post
            Not so fast. 1 game does not make a career. Let's let it play out for at least 3 years when he becomes a full time starter which he hasn't even won that yet.
            Thus the (???)

Comment

Originally posted by jakegibbs View Post
              True. Although, I was very impressed with Bardens route running. He seemed to be open on every play. At this point, I just want him to be a replacement for Manningham. Having thre goto guys in three WR sets is huge...thats not including Bennett. Could very well be huge headaches for opposing defensive coordinators going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by BklynBlue View Post
                True. Although, I was very impressed with Bardens route running. He seemed to be open on every play. At this point, I just want him to be a replacement for Manningham. Having thre goto guys in three WR sets is huge...thats not including Bennett. Could very well be huge headaches for opposing defensive coordinators going forward.
                Yeah, this is it right here. He doesn't need to replace Burress, we've got Nicks. He only needs to be able to replace Manningham and we're golden...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                  Yeah, this is it right here. He doesn't need to replace Burress, we've got Nicks. He only needs to be able to replace Manningham and we're golden...
                  I was NEVER a fan of Manningham (save for his Super Bowl catch). Good route runner and fast, but dropped way too many perfectly thrown passes and hardly ever made a catch on a ball poorly thrown by Eli. Also, he was prone to fumbling after the catch with the way he held the ball. Finally, he was strictly a sideline type wideout (and post pattern), as he did not have the body or toughness to catch balls over the middle. Barden is still a work in progress, but IMO he has far more versatility than Manningham-- he can be used as wideout, slot receiver and even as a TE in a two-TE set.

Comment

I am happily surprised by Barden's play last night. I have been one of his detractors and I am glad to see him finally contributing. Keep up the good work. (He's not Plaxico 2 yet.)
                    Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by yoeddy View Post
                      Burress uses his height better...
                      that will come with experience, but did you see that play over the middle that was high and to his left how he went up and stretched for it. awesome. this could be the start of something big
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

This group of receivers are a nightmare for a Defense. The depth is impressive.

Comment

I always thought he looked similar to Burress. Honestly think the management actually thinks this too IMO because they really look like they are trying to use him the same way.

Comment

I absolutely love how angry he looked after each catch last night. He was all business and knew that he had something to prove.

I think as fans sometimes we forget that when a player is a disappointment they are a lot angrier about it than we are.

Comment

he's not faster, he's not a better route runner at all, i don't mind anyone protecting themselves when they go over the middle for a catch.

so far barden had a good game, and probably doesn't wear sweat pants to night clubs. Which is good enough for now.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X