Regarding last night's announcers...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding last night's announcers...

Didn't it seem like that one guy, May**** or whatever his name was, wanted the Panthers to win pretty bad?

He is an ex-Giant

Comment

I actually like his inciteful analysis. He knows his X's and O's

Comment

mayock is actually a pretty big giants guy. he's a scout though so he gets excited about prototypical players (cam newton, jon beason, luke keuchly, etc) so that's probably what you took as bias

Comment

Nope - Mayock is a fantastic commentator IMO. My only knock on him is sometimes he goes into his "draft analysis" mode which is great for player evaluation but sometimes too much during an NFL game.

Comment

As said, Mayock tends to be one of the more inciteful announcers.

Listening to a guy like Chris Collinsworth makes me want to punch a nun.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

i really liked the announcers.

talked about technique and plays alot more than these other talking heads do.

really liked it. i'll tune into thursday games just to listen to that kinda thing.

just like i watch monday night games without sound. same reason, just the other end of the spectrum.
              sigpic

Comment

Mayock is the best. I wish they could have him call more of their games. Papa is very good too.

Comment

Mayock isn't there to kiss Giants butt. As others have pointed out, his strength is his draft prospect evaluations and because of this, he usually has a pretty detailed profile on majority of the players in the league.

Much better than Gruden who just gives everyone praise all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                    Mayock is the best. I wish they could have him call more of their games. Papa is very good too.
                    I have a total bromance going on with Papa ... easily my favorite announcer (including non-Giants stuff).
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I thought the commentary was a breathe of fresh air compared to the sound of Buck trying get in Troy's pants.
                      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

they were BOOO-RING i didnt find them to be too disrespectful ... nothing like Joe Buck, but still BORING !
                        Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                          I have a total bromance going on with Papa ... easily my favorite announcer (including non-Giants stuff).
                          This...Papa is the man!
                          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                            Mayock isn't there to kiss Giants butt. As others have pointed out, his strength is his draft prospect evaluations and because of this, he usually has a pretty detailed profile on majority of the players in the league.

Much better than Gruden who just gives everyone praise all the time.
                            I can't stand Gruden ... while smart and obviously does his homework his over stating is like listening to a Taliban State of the Union speech.

Comment

Originally posted by GMan-67 View Post
                              they were BOOO-RING i didnt find them to be too disrespectful ... nothing like Joe Buck, but still BORING !
                              I agree ... Mayock definitely needs a good color guy next to him.

Comment

Working...
                              X