Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvin Austin- anyone notice how he did?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvin Austin- anyone notice how he did?

I didn't see too many of his snaps. Thoughts?

Thanks
    "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Didn't catch the snap count (anyone know a good site for that?) but the middle of the dline was rock solid. Linval Joseph was the only DT that stood out to me though.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

i didn't specifically watch his play, but i did look at the line and see him in there a good amount. definitely more than i expected to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
        Didn't catch the snap count (anyone know a good site for that?) but the middle of the dline was rock solid. Linval Joseph was the only DT that stood out to me though.
        I saw Bernard hustling out there, ran down DeAngelo Williams on one play near the sidelines. Very impressive.
        Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

I didn't see anything, but know he was pumped that he even played. One of the beat writers (I can't remember which) had a quote from Austin saying "I'm finally an NFL player!!" referring to the fact he saw a little action. Let's hope he stays hungry and healthy and can get better!

Comment

he got out there, didnt really distinguish himself ... he was pretty much blocked each play, tired to fling a hand up to knock a pass or 2 down, but didnt come close

but, it's good that he got out there
            Last edited by GMan-67; 09-21-2012, 12:20 PM.
            Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

The fact that he played last night is a step in the right direction for him. Hopefully he improves week to week.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                I saw Bernard hustling out there, ran down DeAngelo Williams on one play near the sidelines. Very impressive.
                I remember that play. Bernard has played the best football I've seen him play this year. If Austin can develop and Canty comes back strong our D line will be a FORCE.
                "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

Who knows? We could do the anti-Nascar package for run plays... line up Austin-Canty-Joseph-Kuhn on the line. It would be like putting 10 in the box, but keeping guys to contain the outside options.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                    Who knows? We could do the anti-Nascar package for run plays... line up Austin-Canty-Joseph-Kuhn on the line. It would be like putting 10 in the box, but keeping guys to contain the outside options.
                    Im excited for a healthy and hungry Canty to come off the PUP list... He doesnt always stand as a playmaker but his size / strength allows for better mismatches in the trenches

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                      Lol anti- nascar... maybe the tank package?
                      Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                        Yup, fantastic play on his part. He's been rock solid this year.

Comment

Originally posted by GMan-67 View Post
                          he got out there, didnt really distinguish himself ... he was pretty much blocked each play, tired to fling a hand up to knock a pass or 2 down, but didnt come close

but, it's good that he got out there
                          He needs to knock the rust off, so any work is good work for him.
                          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

He was on the field a bit and didn't really show up much when he was out there; which makes him a superstar worth millions because that's what Osi has done all year! Osi was beyond pathetic in the run game last night. Carolina didn't even have to block him, he just jumped left, and watched the ball carrier go by. He can't play the run at all anymore, and he's been pretty ineffective in the passing game, so what's left? If he's bucking for a big salary in free agency, he's not playing like it.

Comment

Osi is lazy, and he is gona get his big plays here n there. Dirty work in the trenches? nah

Comment

Working...
                              X