Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'M EATING CROW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'M EATING CROW

    I was wrong about Ramses Barden. I said to keep David Douglas, Barden outlived his stay. Shows you how much I knew....Thank God Coughlin didn't listen to me.
    I miss Red Hook

  • #2
    Read my sig...

    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

    Comment


    • #3
      LOL.

      don't beat yourself up too much. it's one game.

      Coughlin has him 4th on the chart for a reason, will be 5th if Hixon is ok and Randle continues to develop.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
        LOL.

        don't beat yourself up too much. it's one game.

        Coughlin has him 4th on the chart for a reason, will be 5th if Hixon is ok and Randle continues to develop.
        Yeah, Matt Flynn holds the single-game TD passing record in GB... still hard to not feel happy that Barden actually stepped up and did something though...

        I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

        Comment


        • #5
          Man, some of you guys are crazy. Although, I am saying Jernigan should be cut. I still see a Moss clone with him. If he isnt returning kicks, receiving or even making the active roster, and when he is not even playing, how can he be good?

          But again, Trust Reese and this organization.

          If JJ has talent, we will see it at some point.
          Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
            Man, some of you guys are crazy. Although, I am saying Jernigan should be cut. I still see a Moss clone with him. If he isnt returning kicks, receiving or even making the active roster, and when he is not even playing, how can he be good?

            But again, Trust Reese and this organization.

            If JJ has talent, we will see it at some point.
            See I had never understood the logic behind being on the Barden Train (prior to last night) while putting down Jernigan in the same breath... Last year I saw Sinorice more in Barden than in Jernigan, since the latter contributed to ST and at least made himself useful in some capacity. Thank god I was wrong about Barden though...

            I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bklyn1028 View Post
              I was wrong about Ramses Barden. I said to keep David Douglas, Barden outlived his stay. Shows you how much I knew....Thank God Coughlin didn't listen to me.
              Don't beat yourself up...I'm pleased with what I saw but I was a (and still am a little) doubter. Until he produces consistantly I'm not sold oh him. It was one game against a rookie CB and a soft secondary. Let's see what happens in the next few weeks.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                Yeah, Matt Flynn holds the single-game TD passing record in GB... still hard to not feel happy that Barden actually stepped up and did something though...
                hey, all of these players are worshiped like gods before the get to the NFL, and some of them get a huge ego cutdown if they can't keep up or stay healthy.

                to see him hug eli is my favorite moment of the season so far. He's probably been talking to family and friends for 4 years about showing he belongs and can contribute, he finally got his shot and came through big.

                is he the new Plax? Absolutely not. but i couldn't be happier for him and for us to have someone we can depend on.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                  See I had never understood the logic behind being on the Barden Train (prior to last night) while putting down Jernigan in the same breath... Last year I saw Sinorice more in Barden than in Jernigan, since the latter contributed to ST and at least made himself useful in some capacity. Thank god I was wrong about Barden though...
                  You can't just look at stats. Stats are very misleading. I concentrated on Barden in the preseasons and when he got a lick or 2 in the regular season the past few years and saw a lot of potential. He was raw coming in ans still young and developing.

                  I saw Moss had talent, but it never translated on the field. I see the same with JJ. He is a speed guy, but can;t hold onto the ball and cant get any seperation. He doesnt have the physicalness Barden does.

                  I could be wrong and JJ could turn out to be a solid WR, but from what I see, I doubt it. Its like, the second I saw Victor Cruz play, I knew he had a boat load of talent. I see talent with Barden. I dont see it with JJ.
                  Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yeh, all he needed was an opporttunity and he seized it. Get rid of the Louisville slugger. That's why we're amateurs and the TC train has the Pros on it!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      You can't just look at stats. Stats are very misleading. I concentrated on Barden in the preseasons and when he got a lick or 2 in the regular season the past few years and saw a lot of potential. He was raw coming in ans still young and developing.

                      I saw Moss had talent, but it never translated on the field. I see the same with JJ. He is a speed guy, but can;t hold onto the ball and cant get any seperation. He doesnt have the physicalness Barden does.

                      I could be wrong and JJ could turn out to be a solid WR, but from what I see, I doubt it. Its like, the second I saw Victor Cruz play, I knew he had a boat load of talent. I see talent with Barden. I dont see it with JJ.
                      To be honest, when I saw Barden in previous years I saw someone with no drive to contribute. He had an opportunity last year against the Eagles, but Cruz took that one and ran with it while Barden did nothing. He didn't even want to play on special teams, which at least Jernigan does (he's a nice gunner, kinda like Tryon). But Barden definitely showed up for this game. That's where I say I'm glad I was wrong, and will gladly take the crow over that.

                      I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        my man ...it was one game where the opposing team was HEAVILY rolling coverage to Cruz and leaving a rookie on Barden

                        Eli could have lined up out wide and got open

                        I am absolutely excited for Barden and hope he can keep it up ....he played very well and took advantage of his opportunity

                        but no need to eat anything

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Well, the positiveness of it all is he performed when he was asked to.

                          I was just over at the Dallas forum, and these guys were chatting when the game was on last night, and all they had was praise for Eli, Coughlin and the whole Giants organization for development. MOST of them wished the Cowboys org developed players and had the depth that we had, and the performance from our roster when it is necessary.

                          AND a lot of it was about Bennett and his performance and how Garrett screwed up not keeping him.
                          I miss Red Hook

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            You are not alone. He has been a real stiff. Lets hope he keeps it going and does what Plax used to do to the Eagles.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bklyn1028 View Post

                              AND a lot of it was about Bennett and his performance and how Garrett screwed up not keeping him.
                              one man gathers what another man spills

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X