Hixon= wally pip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hixon= wally pip

Last year he goes down and hello victor cruz (after they tried stokely of course.

This year he goes down and hello Barden (yes its only one game and he was a 3rd rounder) but wally pip a little.

Also is the new AB our new Cruz? I know he was a 4th rounder - but the kid was cut 10 times and tore his achilles. After being on the PS last year can't believe anyone thought he had this in him. Unreal.

slow down big hoss

it was one game where the Panthers were rolling heavy coverage to Cruz and leaving a rookie on Barden

I am happy for him and he played well

but a healthy Hixon is twice the football player of Barden

Comment

Hixon has more speed, at least that is my impression. Barden could become a good weapon similar to Plaxico. It is a long season and it is good to have solid backups. I believe when Hixon returns you will see both of them playing equally. Barden does nood to show it in more than one game. Lets see how he does against the Eagles.

Comment

Slow down hoss? Interesting that in my post i say "its only been one game." The larger picture here is hixon has been our x receiver before and does not have the potential ramses does. Sorry, hixon is a nice wideout with relatively good speed but is not a guy who is gonna wow or can take over a game. Not saying barden will but he certainly has a better chance the dom - and no i dont think hixon is twice the player barden is - your talking about him like he is nicks or cruz who are leaps and bounds above everyone. Hixon's best year he had 24 catches - while you think im overhyping barden seems like your overhyping hixon. He has been a nice st guy and ok as a third wideout. As for your rolled coverage, not only was it that, the panther played soft coverage and barden got to run his big bodied slant all day. That said hixon has never had one game as a receiver like bardens. When it comes to overhyping id rather be with the young barden then dom.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
          Hixon has more speed, at least that is my impression. Barden could become a good weapon similar to Plaxico. It is a long season and it is good to have solid backups. I believe when Hixon returns you will see both of them playing equally. Barden does nood to show it in more than one game. Lets see how he does against the Eagles.
          not so sure after tearing that same ACL twice. I like Hixon....but Ramses has the big play ability, without the 2 knee surgeries.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
            slow down big hoss

it was one game where the Panthers were rolling heavy coverage to Cruz and leaving a rookie on Barden

but a Hixon in the trainers room is an opportunity...
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
              but a Hixon in the trainers room is an opportunity...
              absolutely

I am happy for Ramses

this kid was euphoric last night ......hugging Eli

Comment

slow down big hoss

But a healthy Hixon is like a lunar eclipse.
                "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

absolutely

I am happy for Ramses

this kid was euphoric last night ......hugging Eli
                  No doubt. Also maybe he is a better player now because of Hixon to some degree. Seems like the Gaints WRs learn from each other and are open with their knowledge of the game and position....
                  "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
                    Ramses has a ton of upside....I thought he did a nice job against press coverage....something Hixon struggles with.
                    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

slow down big hoss

YA you are wasting your time. lol

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                      @Katdaddyjay 17h
                      @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                      http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

slow down big hoss

I disagree with this, I believe Eli is the sole factor to both of their successes. Hixon, while a standout on ST, has done little to nothing notable for the regular offense. Correct me if I am wrong.
                        Last edited by Hessian; 09-21-2012, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dave56dj View Post
                          Slow down hoss? Interesting that in my post i say "its only been one game." The larger picture here is hixon has been our x receiver before and does not have the potential ramses does. Sorry, hixon is a nice wideout with relatively good speed but is not a guy who is gonna wow or can take over a game. Not saying barden will but he certainly has a better chance the dom - and no i dont think hixon is twice the player barden is - your talking about him like he is nicks or cruz who are leaps and bounds above everyone. Hixon's best year he had 24 catches - while you think im overhyping barden seems like your overhyping hixon. He has been a nice st guy and ok as a third wideout. As for your rolled coverage, not only was it that, the panther played soft coverage and barden got to run his big bodied slant all day. That said hixon has never had one game as a receiver like bardens. When it comes to overhyping id rather be with the young barden then dom.
                          you referenced Wally Pipp....not me

and referring to Wally Pipp makes me think of one thing...Lou Gehrig

Lou Gehrig, Barden is not

Comment

wasting time? please tell me how? you are lauding a guy who has had 24 catches as a max in his career. That said ramses had 9 all of last year, but last nights game was the best either have ever had in one game. Hixon is a nice st guy and decent 3rd but twice the player barden is? Seems a bit much. Also there is a readon Barden was a third rounder - he has a pedigree, his body type is also a factor. You can't just be big to be good but the kid looked very solid all around last night even with the soft coverage and rolled saftey to cruz. Not saying he is on his was to stardom - but that he may surplant hixon which is not unheard of in the least. As to your notion he saw man coverage - he actually saw more soft zone - but that said what do you think hixon see's as a thriud wideout with nicks and cruz on the field. He has had some ok games and one great deep catch week one - but lets not overhype him either. I'm glad we have the depth but i think barden and randle are gonna wally pip hixon.

Comment

you referenced Wally Pipp....not me

and referring to Wally Pipp makes me think of one thing...Lou Gehrig

Lou Gehrig, Barden is not
                              Wow, pardon my french here, but a reference to baseball? Seriously? Baseball is a laugh at best, plus reading the forum title suggests... WTF ever. Anyways, although I respect your opinion on pretty much everything Giants football, I do not understand your position on Hixon. It's not like I hate the guy, and I would certainly keep him for his ST abilities. But IMO he isn't the answer at the 3rd receiver spot.

Comment

Working...
                              X