Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have video of KP's hit against TB that he got fined for? Snappinnecks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone have video of KP's hit against TB that he got fined for? Snappinnecks?

    Didn't see any highlights for week 2.

    Anyone have a clip of that play?
    Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 09-22-2012, 05:45 PM.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

  • #2
    Only video I can find.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe2ZkotDUds

    Comment


    • #3
      He didnt get flagged.... Just fined.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by primetime View Post
        I know that's AWFUL lol


        Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        He didnt get flagged.... Just fined.
        Yup, my mistake meant fined.
        "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

        Comment


        • #5
          Still to me looks like he went for his shoulder. But what do I know.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
            Still to me looks like he went for his shoulder. But what do I know.
            He absolutely led with his shoulder.

            What should KP have done? He was coming FULL SPEED, should he have stopped for a second let him make the catch and then tried to hit him or tackle him?

            It makes zero sense.


            Was a legal hit. HARD physical football hit with his shoulder.
            "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
              He absolutely led with his shoulder.

              What should KP have done? He was coming FULL SPEED, should he have stopped for a second let him make the catch and then tried to hit him or tackle him?

              It makes zero sense.


              Was a legal hit. HARD physical football hit with his shoulder.
              I didn't rewatch it and when I saw it the other night it looked good.....someone mentioned that possibly he launched himself...
              "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

              1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

              Comment


              • #8
                He did launch himself and should have been flagged. There was no helmet to helmet contact though.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                  Still to me looks like he went for his shoulder. But what do I know.
                  Doesn't matter. He launched at him. Still illegal.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Its sad when football cannot be played like this..........it was a good hard hit to the shoulder

                    I do not understand this at all

                    "launched himself"?????? every tackler launches himself

                    **** Butkus would have had to give up football...........its becoming a sissy game

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      When I heard about the fine, I went nuts, because it looked perfectly legal and legit, but I never noticed the launch until you guys posted the clip. No doubt that he left his feet to make the hit
                      The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                        When I heard about the fine, I went nuts, because it looked perfectly legal and legit, but I never noticed the launch until you guys posted the clip. No doubt that he left his feet to make the hit
                        That being said, I thought he was going to get nailed for $15k not $30k.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                          Its sad when football cannot be played like this..........it was a good hard hit to the shoulder

                          I do not understand this at all

                          "launched himself"?????? every tackler launches himself

                          **** Butkus would have had to give up football...........its becoming a sissy game
                          You do realized that even in this "sissy" era the game is exponentially more violent than when Butkus played the game?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Lawrence Taylor, Ronnie Lott, Mike Singletery, **** Butkis, and Deacon Jones would all be unemployed in today's NFL

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Drez View Post
                              You do realized that even in this "sissy" era the game is exponentially more violent than when Butkus played the game?
                              The hell are you talking about? The game was barbaric as all hell prior to the 90's. Brutal hits on every play. AND everyone actually hated each other back then.

                              Half of the teams lost their starting QB's to injury every year... and that's just the tip of the ice berg.
                              Last edited by Giants5699; 09-22-2012, 10:11 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X