Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vacchiano: Giants' Reese wins with patience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vacchiano: Giants' Reese wins with patience

    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1165605

    Excerpt: "
    The angry mob is never far from Jerry Reese’s door, no matter how many Super Bowl trophies are out in his lobby. If there’s one thing he’s learned in his 5½ years as general manager of the Giants it’s that fans, by nature, are impatient. The last thing they ever want to have to do is wait.

    So he understood the angst they felt on Thursday when injuries forced the Giants to start receiver Ramses Barden. Six months earlier, Reese could’ve kept Mario Manningham for the low, low price of $7.3 million over two seasons. Now the Giants were lining up a former third-round pick who had been a great disappointment — maybe even a bust.

    Some fans would’ve preferred if Barden had been cut at the end of training camp in August. Others wanted him out last season when he was slow to recover from ankle surgery and missed the first eight games of the year." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    Best GM in the business.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hard to argue with that. It's how they build their teams. They see potential and patiently wait for it to be developed. It's their philosophy and they are committed to it.
      Last edited by RoanokeFan; 09-23-2012, 03:17 PM.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

      Comment


      • #4
        i agree Reese is among the best GMs in the game!

        just holding on to Barden is evident of that!
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          read my sig...

          I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

          Comment


          • #6
            The Giants have a plan and a philosophy that works.
            Patience is one integral part.

            From the article:
            "(Reese) trusts his evaluations. He believes in his decisions. He has faith in the players that he and his staff pick. So he’ll wait for Prince Amukamara, last year’s first-round pick, to show he can be an NFL cornerback. He’ll hold off on judging defensive tackle Marvin Austin, last year’s second-rounder, until he can work himself back into shape. He’ll give tight end Travis Beckum a chance when his knee heels. He’ll continue to believe in receiver Jerrel Jernigan."

            As a fan, I'll try to be more patient. Its obviously working.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by fourth&forever View Post
              The Giants have a plan and a philosophy that works.
              Patience is one integral part.

              From the article:
              "(Reese) trusts his evaluations. He believes in his decisions. He has faith in the players that he and his staff pick. So he’ll wait for Prince Amukamara, last year’s first-round pick, to show he can be an NFL cornerback. He’ll hold off on judging defensive tackle Marvin Austin, last year’s second-rounder, until he can work himself back into shape. He’ll give tight end Travis Beckum a chance when his knee heels. He’ll continue to believe in receiver Jerrel Jernigan."

              As a fan, I'll try to be more patient. Its obviously working.
              We just don't see enough of these developing players to be able to insert our wishes into the equation. In Wilson's case, you just have to believe they KNOW what they're doing for the long term and, in Brown's, keeping him on the practice squad
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

              Comment


              • #8
                Hilarious here were people a week or so ago calling out Reese for the state of the offensive line.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by drewz View Post
                  Hilarious here were people a week or so ago calling out Reese for the state of the offensive line.
                  And they continue to lurk in the shadows
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I for one feel we have one of the best of not the best front offices in the NFL
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      TC has been involved in these drafts as well. They all deserve major props.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                        I for one feel we have one of the best of not the best front offices in the NFL
                        +1
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          Hard to argue with that. It's how they build their teams. They see potential and patiently wait for it to be developed. It's their philosophy and they are committed to it.
                          Giants realize that some athletes develop later than others. A guy like Barden has a little extra adjusting to do because of the level of college competition. Sometimes, like with S. Moss, they don't develop. But, Barden's size surely had a lot to do with their patience.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                            Giants realize that some athletes develop later than others. A guy like Barden has a little extra adjusting to do because of the level of college competition. Sometimes, like with S. Moss, they don't develop. But, Barden's size surely had a lot to do with their patience.
                            Agreed. He was drafted to fill Buress' shoes with a similar skill set. Big target in the red zone (green zone lol). That bought him three under achieving years. It would be great if he could split wide, opposite Nicks, with Cruz in the slot. If he can develop, then a lot of D coordinators are going to lose a lot of sleep.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              lol awesome article i just find it funny how when JR says basically the exact same things as the few here who believed barden could do what he did given the chance...a poster, RF i believe, went "its hard to argue with that." It should be, but unfortunately 95% didnt wanna have the patience...

                              week 2 these last 2 yrs have been real good for our WR depth lol, Cruz breaks out vs Philly/Barden vs Carolina. I really hope we get Barden plenty of looks vs Philly and Dallas bc they do have 2 good corners so the 3rd WR will need to come up big.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X