Andre Brown = Rodney Hampton part 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Brown = Rodney Hampton part 2

Growing up a Rodney Hampton fan and watching almost every game he played in, I have to say that Andrew Brown's running style is very similar. Hampton was probably more powerful, but watching Andre Brown play I have to say it's almost like watching a young Rodney Hampton.

They both are great running backs in between the tackles. Like Hampton, Brown is also very good at making one cut decisively and powering his way through tackles.

However, Brown has a major advantage of being surrounded by way more talent on the team, than Hampton did during his days with the Giants.

I see the similarity and yes..........winter is coming!
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
      I see the similarity and yes..........winter is coming!

"Getcha flannels ready"!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WinterIsComing View Post
        Growing up a Rodney Hampton fan and watching almost every game he played in, I have to say that Andrew Brown's running style is very similar. Hampton was probably more powerful, but watching Andre Brown play I have to say it's almost like watching a young Rodney Hampton.

They both are great running backs in between the tackles. Like Hampton, Brown is also very good at making one cut decisively and powering his way through tackles.

However, Brown has a major advantage of being surrounded by way more talent on the team, than Hampton did during his days with the Giants.

I agree.....the kid has a ton of upside, and I feel like we've finally got the workhorse back we need.

I was a huge Rodney Hampton fan back in the day.... next to the Great Joe Morris, he was my favorite Giant running back.
        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

All I remember about Hampton was seeing him on the field... I was too young to understand running styles for most of his career. Still, the way I see it, Brown is a good redux of Jacobs with a little bit of Tiki thrown in for good measure (the football intelligence part, not the ******bag part)

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Brown is quicker than Hampton...doesn't have Rodney's gut...but similarly, Hampton had more power, especially in the Dan Reeves years...

Comment

I'm buying, he hits the holes hard just like Hampton. Slash and gash!!!!!!

Comment

Until I see a running back hit the hole standing almost completely upright and vertical, there will be no "running like Hampton"

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
                  Until I see a running back hit the hole standing almost completely upright and vertical, there will be no "running like Hampton"
                  Brandon Jacobs?

Comment

Originally posted by WinterIsComing View Post
                    They both are great running backs in between the tackles.
                    First Jim Brown, now Rodney Hampton. Who's next, Barry Sanders?

This has frankly just totally gotten ridiculous. Look, I'm as excited that we might have a new productive RB as the next fan. But seriously, the guy has a single 100yd game and he' s being labeled as "great between the tackles" and compared to living legends. Can we let Andre put up a few more good games before we start comparing him to decent active RBs, let alone NY Giants greats and HOFs???
                    Last edited by DaKraken; 09-24-2012, 11:01 PM.
                    "Release the Kraken!"

- Dan Dierdorf, Giants vs Dolphins, 10/30/2011

Comment

Andre Brown doesnt equal anyting yet. The kids has had a couple of good games. I am totally psyched for him to explode on the scene but he needs a more than two decent games for any comparisson.
                      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by DaKraken View Post

This has frankly just totally gotten ridiculous. Look, I'm as excited that we might have a new productive RB as the next fan. But seriously, the guy has a single 100yd game and he' s being labeled as "great between the tackles" and compared to living legends. Can we let Andre put up a few more good games before we start comparing him to decent active RBs, let alone NY Giants greats and HOFs???
                        You're right......Andre Brown is much more similar to Emmitt Smith.
                        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by DaKraken View Post

I'm with this guy. You're all whacko's.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
                            I was about to say the same thing, he ran upright a lot. I cant help but think that style had a lot to do with the sudden drop in is production.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post
                              I was about to say the same thing, he ran upright a lot. I cant help but think that style had a lot to do with the sudden drop in is production.
                              Hampton's drop in production was directly related to Dan Reeves' lack of confidence in the passing game and his use of Hampton as a 30+ carry per game battering ram. It wore Hampton down quickly...

Comment

Working...
                              X